Alina Habba

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Alina Habba

Post by zekeb »

Volkonski wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:19 pm Alina Habba doesn't understand how random selection works. :roll: :roll: :roll:
She needs to pair up with Orly Taitz. Seriously.
Largo al factotum.
noblepa

Alina Habba

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:46 pm He got Merchan randomly, but was supposed to get a judge randomly?
I had to bite the bullet and listen to some of that clip. It seems to me that she is questioning the true randomness of the selection. It was more like "Merchan got Donald Trump randomly?"

Who actually does the assignments in New York courts? Do they put judges names in a hat and draw a name out of the hat for each case? I suspect that the selection is (properly) slightly less than purely random and that judges are selected in part because a case is related to another case that the judge previously heard. This doesn't actually seem to be outrageous to me. It saves time for the judge to become familiar with what may be interrelated facts, witnesses and defendants.

Is there a chief judge or presiding judge (possibly a rotating position among all the judges) who makes the assignments?

But yeah, it does sound stupid for her to say that.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Alina Habba

Post by neonzx »

Imma guessing it in todays age it's like lottry tickets. No manual pulling name from hat.
bob

Alina Habba

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:47 pm Imma guessing it in todays age it's like lottry tickets. No manual pulling name from hat.
Imma gonna (more than) guess in today's age it is computers.

Shipping clerks don't have time for tickets or hats.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Alina Habba

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:53 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:47 pm Imma guessing it in todays age it's like lottry tickets. No manual pulling name from hat.

Does any court still use a physical wheel?
noblepa

Alina Habba

Post by noblepa »

I was being a little facetious about the names and hats. I'm sure that, with thousands of cases in the city of NY, that would be ridiculous.

I guess that my question was really if there is any effort to assign related cases to the same judge. As I said, it might expedite things for the judge to come up to speed about the case.
bob

Alina Habba

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:05 pm Does any court still use a physical wheel?
I can't speak for every court, but litigation is a booming business. Like every other industry, innovation, automation, and efficiency abound.

Habba's statements, like everything else she says, was just another lie meant to chum the base.

noblepa wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:06 pm I guess that my question was really if there is any effort to assign related cases to the same judge. As I said, it might expedite things for the judge to come up to speed about the case.
Generally speaking, yes, efforts are made to assign similar cases to the same judge.

But this particular defendant doesn't have a different case to relate to this one.

So Habba's lie is serving its purpose.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Alina Habba

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:08 pm ]So Habba's lie is serving its purpose.
I couldn't even parse the lie as she says it's random and Merchan got this case randomly (at least that's how the tweet read). Well, d'uh.

Is she referring to Bannon getting Merchan? Oooooo. Conspiracy.
noblepa

Alina Habba

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 pm
bob wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:08 pm ]So Habba's lie is serving its purpose.
I couldn't even parse the lie as she says it's random and Merchan got this case randomly (at least that's how the tweet read). Well, d'uh.

Is she referring to Bannon getting Merchan? Oooooo. Conspiracy.
Her voice inflection makes me believe that she is being sarcastic and is implying that the choice was, in fact, not random, and that Merchan was assigned to the case as part of Biden's Master Plan to discredit the "Greatest President Ever" (Copyright 2024, DJT).

As a logical argument, her comments fail miserably, but as an effort the chum the base, as Bob refers to it, they are probably spectacularly successful.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Alina Habba

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:05 pm

I think they gave them up a long time ago. Something about torture being a bad thing.
101010 :towel:
June bug

Alina Habba

Post by June bug »

northland10 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:49 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:05 pm

I think they gave them up a long time ago. Something about torture being a bad thing.
:rimshot:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Alina Habba

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump Lawyer Gets Indignant When Fox News Host Corrects Her on Ex-President’s Trial: ‘How Can You Say the Biden Administration Is Not Responsible for This?’

Michael Luciano
May 29th, 2024, 5:12 pm

Fox News host Shannon Bream challenged lawyer Alina Habba, who falsely claimed President Joe Biden is responsible for the prosecution of her client, Donald Trump.

The former president is on trial in New York on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg says Trump arranged hush money payments to conceal extramarital affairs he had before the 2016 election, lest they affect his chances of winning.

He is also under criminal indictment in three other jurisdictions – two of which are federal cases.

As the jury deliberated on Wednesday, Habba joined Fox News’ coverage of the trial.

“Joe Biden, unfortunately, can’t really do anything in office,” said Habba, who is not representing Trump in the New York case. “So, he’s got to use the same means as somebody who’s just trying to have a quick slip-and-fall and make money. And that is frankly what we’re seeing right now. This is exactly a Biden show because he’s got to distract the American people.”

Bream interjected and pointed out Biden is not behind Trump’s indictment.

“But the Biden administration’s not responsible for this trial,” he said.

“How can you say the Biden administration is not responsible for this trial?” an indignant Habba asked.

“It’s a state trial,” Bream answered. “It’s Alvin Bragg. Whether you think there’s a political motive for him, it’s not connected to the DOJ. I mean, the feds passed on these election charges.”

“Shannon, you should look at how many logs they have of state officials – Letitia James, Fani Willis – visiting the White House and then tell me that this is not a Biden trial.”

“The feds passed on this, is the point I’m making,” Bream reiterated.

Habba doubled down, insisting that Biden is behind the prosecution.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/trump-la ... -for-this/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”