Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by RTH10260 »

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

That's a nice piece of work, seen with my non-lawyer eyes. I only read the first few pages, but it looks thorough.

I like the multiple whammies:
"they're covered by executive privilege" – you're not the executive now, but the DOJ and FBI are
"they're declassified" – so they must have been government papers to be classified in the first instance so they are government property
"they're personal papers" – (1) you can't just claim ownership, that's theft, they're still government property
"they're personal papers" – (2) so no executive privilege attaches to them
"attorney-client privilege" – no, we checked

(That might not be an accurate caricature.)

And the "oh judge, you messed up big time" statements are fun!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

This is what happens when a corrupt Senator spends the entire 8 years of a President's two terms dragging judicial appointments out so that when he finally gets a President of his own party he has so many open benches that he has to find any hack who will swear allegiance to The Federalist Society and is young enough to hold on to the seat for 50 odd years.

Unqualified Judges, many of whom have never tried a case and some whose first appearance in an actual courtroom was to be sworn in to a lifetime appointment.

Mitch McConnel has done more damage to the courts than anyone since Roger Taney and he can phuck all the way off.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not giving the (ahem) judge a break here, but I can't help but wonder if she's throwing it intentionally in the hopes that the 11th will remove her from the situation while keeping her trump bona fides intact.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 am Not giving the (ahem) judge a break here, but I can't help but wonder if she's throwing it intentionally in the hopes that the 11th will remove her from the situation while keeping her trump bona fides intact.
In other words, you are saying that she's a coward?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just watched a clip of Nicole on MSNBC which brought up an angle I hadn't thought of personally, but if the 11th/SCOTUS allows Canon's decision to stand, then how loud will the GOP scream when former president Biden takes home a truckload of docs claiming he declassified them and they belong to him.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:08 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 am Not giving the (ahem) judge a break here, but I can't help but wonder if she's throwing it intentionally in the hopes that the 11th will remove her from the situation while keeping her trump bona fides intact.
Yes. Yes I am.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

In the Tweet universe, the judge is now being referred to as "Loose Cannon". No honorific. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:55 am
Chilidog wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:37 am So, what is the possibility that Christina Bobb is the FBI informant?
Two weeks ago I would have said 100% no, but now that she is looking at some serious exposure :shrug:

She feels like a true believer though.
She does, and one of those with little sense of self=preservation. But then she has advocate Cannon on her side.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:10 am Just watched a clip of Nicole on MSNBC which brought up an angle I hadn't thought of personally, but if the 11th/SCOTUS allows Canon's decision to stand, then how loud will the GOP scream when former president Biden takes home a truckload of docs claiming he declassified them and they belong to him.
They know he wouldn't do that.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:11 am
Yes. Yes I am.
My take is she's a clueless hack loyal to party; the "classified" thing should have been a clue that the nation's at stake, but no, party first.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Na, she's just Asking Questions.

It's the new rule of law.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:47 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:10 am Just watched a clip of Nicole on MSNBC which brought up an angle I hadn't thought of personally, but if the 11th/SCOTUS allows Canon's decision to stand, then how loud will the GOP scream when former president Biden takes home a truckload of docs claiming he declassified them and they belong to him.
They are already claiming that Obama did that.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:52 am
Claiming and knowing are different things. They claim a lot.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I have read all the posts and I still couldn't answer my own question, DID THEY MOVE FOR A STAY OF CANNON'S ORDER or did they simply file an appeal.

Of course, the hint was the link to the actual document, which said it was an "appeal" but also said it was a brief, well reasoned, well written, etc.

But still no word on whether it was an actual appeal or a motion for a stay. But probably a motion for stay, you don't file a brief to start an appeal.

So I had to download the brief, which is not an appeal at all.

It is a Motion for Partial Stay Pending Appeal.

The appeal -- so far as I'm able to determine -- has not yet been filed, or we don't know about it yet.

Just so we're caught up on the legal situation.

Maybe one of the IAALs can explain what the timing is for oppositions, replies, etc. :shrug:
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:55 am
Chilidog wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:52 am

Claiming and knowing are different things. They claim a lot.
They’re claiming that Obama “stole” the millions of documents that NARA lent to his presidential library. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Because that’s exactly the same as what tfg did. :roll: :roll:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Foggy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:56 am I have read all the posts and I still couldn't answer my own question, DID THEY MOVE FOR A STAY OF CANNON'S ORDER or did they simply file an appeal.

Of course, the hint was the link to the actual document, which said it was an "appeal" but also said it was a brief, well reasoned, well written, etc.

But still no word on whether it was an actual appeal or a motion for a stay. But probably a motion for stay, you don't file a brief to start an appeal.

So I had to download the brief, which is not an appeal at all.

It is a Motion for Partial Stay Pending Appeal.

The appeal -- so far as I'm able to determine -- has not yet been filed, or we don't know about it yet.

Just so we're caught up on the legal situation.

Maybe one of the IAALs can explain what the timing is for oppositions, replies, etc. :shrug:
The government filed a Notice of Appeal in the district court several days ago. (Because the government was enjoined, the injunction aspect of the case was immediately appealable.) The government also moved for a stay in the district court pending appeal. Once the district court denied the stay, the government asked the Circuit to impose a stay pending resolution of its appeal. (A litigant must typically ask the district court to stay its own order before asking the Circuit court to issue a stay.)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:think: Well, if one would know to have this other old crazy former guy getting back into residence, it would be appropriate to rescue all the nations top secrets from his access :twisted:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:50 am :snippity:

Na, she's just Asking Questions.

It's the new rule of law.
Better known on the interwebs as "JAQing off"...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:12 am Once the district court denied the stay, the government asked the Circuit to impose a stay pending resolution of its appeal. (A litigant must typically ask the district court to stay its own order before asking the Circuit court to issue a stay.)
Is this being filed with a specific judge, or is the clerk going to assign it to the next panel in rotation?

Is there anyway to tell?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well, Kise was a registered agent for the Maduro regime, so that oughta speed things along.

https://efile.fara.gov/docs/6787-Regist ... 0124-1.pdf
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Normally, I try to stay away from conspiracy theories, but.....

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”