Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Dave from down under

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by Dave from down under »

andersweinstein wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:32 pm
LM K wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm And he wants the clothes he wore during an event he claims have him PTSD? Seriously?!
According to Mark Richards, the reason to get all his property back including the clothes was also to prevent someone from auctioning them as souvenirs. I would imagine there is some sense of closure to getting everything back in his possession.
LM K wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm Yep. Rittenhouse has absolutely no desire to financially benefit from the items he had that night. :roll:
I see no reason not to take him at his word. He could probably have auctioned the rifle for more than a million dollars to a wealthy gun collector. He gave up that opportunity. Why not think about what it is to give up a million dollar opportunity and give him credit for wanting this resolution?

You can always trust sneeze cry baby face Kyle the killer with a gun to do exactly what he wants to do…
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I am just saying I would have trouble working up any compassion for Rittenhouse if some crazy with a gun did to him as he did to others, about the same as I would for a right wing anti vaxxer passing from COVID. Like George Zimmerman has he will probably live a charmed life and end up profiting from his sins.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

@!^%!$!#E Oh Boise! I hope he's suing someone, that would be a laff!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

I noticed Rittenhouse is on Gab now, so I decided to check on the responses to his incoming "big news" there. A selection...

Imma stick these behind a spoiler tag, because these folks are sick in the head! :crazy: :faint:
► Show Spoiler
They are a nice bunch over there.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:rotflmao:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:07 pm I noticed Rittenhouse is on Gab now, so I decided to check on the responses to his incoming "big news" there. A selection...

Imma stick these behind a spoiler tag, because these folks are sick in the head! :crazy: :faint:
► Show Spoiler
They are a nice bunch over there.
Your idea of "noble purpose and mine are two different things". (H/T to Blake Edwards ( writer/director) and Maggie Dubois (female lead) in " The Great Race".
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

andersweinstein wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:32 pm
I see no reason not to take him at his word. He could probably have auctioned the rifle for more than a million dollars to a wealthy gun collector. He gave up that opportunity. Why not think about what it is to give up a million dollar opportunity and give him credit for wanting this resolution?
There are a few blaring issues with this. Firstly why would you think a "wealthy gun collector" would be interested in it? Unless you misspelled "racist" I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay such a princely sum even if it would be easy to auction it as almost any platform to do so would likely refuse (perhaps you would like to but I hope not for the reason I will outline) the weapon is of no historical significance, it is of common make not some work of exceptional specialized craftsmanship; it was not used in the execution of any great hero or villain or some dignitary, the individuals killed were undoubtedly important to their families but they were certainly not MLK or Malcolm X by any stretch of the imagination. The only thing that would impart special worth on it is to someone who believes that killing of those who protest police brutality against minorities is worthy of enshrinement for that reason alone. As has been mentioned before the Police are more than capable of destroying a firearm and the only logical assumption of what would be done with it if we're not returned is destruction or else being locked away to the same general effect (that is its permanent removal from use by Kyle or anyone else). I suppose you could be meaning to argue that Kyle is exceptionally stupid and is incapable of reaching a logical conclusion on the actions of others though I would say this merely gives more reason to neither take him at his word or return a fire arm to him. Considering his attempts (likely at consels behest) to rehabilitate his image and apparent willingness to attempt to capitalize on a vile portion of humanities idiolizing of his actions simply "taking him at his word" would require one to either be ignorant of his actions at best, perform mental gymnastics to preserve one's own comfort, or at worst side with those who are responding to him on gab encouraging him to be the hero of an attempted genocide. Bear in mind I originally afforded him the benefit of the doubt he's has openly shown that he is undeserving of this by his actions since.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Baidn, YES YES YES YES YES.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As I once paraphrased, give that gun to him, and the pieces of that Guns Barrel that would appear on sale would form a Pipe that would stretch from California to Alaska.
Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

There is also the core problem that Rittenhouse, well, isn't a very honest person. Not taking him at his word is a safe default.
raison de arizona

Close the Rittenhouse gun loophole so minors with rifles can't parade down our streets

State lawmakers should be able to agree on at least one small improvement to gun safety in Wisconsin following the Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal in Kenosha.

Lawmakers should quickly close the loophole in state law that allowed Rittenhouse, a minor at the time, to march down Kenosha’s streets on Aug. 25, 2020, intimidating others with a semi-automatic rifle that he couldn’t legally buy — and never should have been allowed to carry.
:snippity:
Unfortunately, the jury wasn’t allowed to consider the one charge that definitely should have stuck. Rittenhouse should have faced a charge of illegally possessing a dangerous weapon by a minor. A judge threw out the charge because state law prohibiting children from having guns is written in a confusing way.
Minors can carry rifles, the exception reads, if the barrel of the gun is longer than 16 inches and if the child is in compliance with hunting laws. What the law doesn’t actually say is that these minors must be hunting.

Rittenhouse, of course, wasn’t trying to bag a deer in a rural field or forest on the chaotic night when he shot three people. He was strutting around with an AR-style semi-automatic rifle through the middle of angry crowds in Kenosha, a city of 100,000 people where hunting isn’t allowed.
https://madison.com/opinion/editorial/t ... d8b45.html
raison de arizona

Rittenhouse is teasing announcing a defamation lawsuit on Tucker tonight. FWIW.
raison de arizona

:lol:
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Send money
raison de arizona

New Turtle wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 pm Send money
Yeah, he listed his website for donations at the end. tmap.org
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 pm
New Turtle wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 pm Send money
Yeah, he listed his website for donations at the end. tmap.org
tmap.org wrote:The Media Accountability Project LLC d/b/a “TMAP” is a Nevada Limited Liability Company organized to assist Kyle Rittenhouse with legal costs associated with holding the media accountable for publishing inaccurate and defamatory statements. In addition, The Media Accountability Project was established to promote fair and accurate reporting across all journalistic mediums.

Contributions are not tax-deductable
I guess someone is successfully exploiting the murderer.
raison de arizona

:sick:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Only if you want him to shoot Ukrainians and then surrender to the Russians..
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:02 am :sick:
Idk I'm kinda ok with him being on the front lines....though I'll bet a paycheck that he makes sneeze face within seconds of actual combat
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I bet he will enjoy the life with the front troops....

Russian troops believed to be at a railway station in Dolbino, Russia, not far from the border with Ukraine. Photograph: Twitter

in Harsh conditions mean Russian troops near Ukraine will need to be moved soon
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

That Bablylon Bee is the new Onion. :lol: It's funny, worth a read.
Eyewitnesses inside the Kremlin say Putin responded to Ukraine’s bold defensive move by tearing off his shirt, grabbing his Kalashnikov, and riding a bear toward the Ukrainian border.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
raison de arizona

Kyle Rittenhouse 'Has No Case' Say Critics, As Kenosha Shooter Plans To Sue Media
Former MSNBC anchor David Shuster tweeted: "The courts have long established that calling somebody a 'murderer' is an opinion + a legal right, even after the person is found 'not guilty.' At that point, one can still call them a murderer, just not a 'convicted murderer.'

"Nobody has called Rittenhouse that. He has no case."
Rittenhouse previously vowed to sue President Joe Biden for defamation over a September 2020 tweet that linked him to white supremacy.
Legal experts previously told Newsweek that Rittenhouse's threat to sue Biden was "not a serious claim."

Barbara McQuade, a University of Michigan law professor and former U.S attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan, said: "A defamation case is unlikely to succeed here against any defendant."

"By inserting himself into the civil unrest in Kenosha, Rittenhouse voluntarily became a limited purpose public figure, which subjects defamation claims against him to the actual malice standard."

McQuade added that Rittenhouse must also prove that Biden or whoever was responsible for posting the tweet acted with "reckless disregard as to its truth" by linking Rittenhouse to the far-right.
https://www.newsweek.com/kyle-rittenhou ... ct-1681238
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Of course while that McQuade and others are definitely correct thay are missing the main point of his doomed lawsuits: "please send money". I only hope he finds himself a super grifter lawyer who sucks up every bit of funding he gets from fantasizing racist and not one penny hits his personal bank account
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RVInit wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:47 am That Bablylon Bee is the new Onion. :lol: It's funny, worth a read.
Eyewitnesses inside the Kremlin say Putin responded to Ukraine’s bold defensive move by tearing off his shirt, grabbing his Kalashnikov, and riding a bear toward the Ukrainian border.
I’d call it more a conservative Shallot. It’s not nearly as funny as the Onion, because they just aren’t. Still worth a read.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The Problem with the Babylon Bee is that their "satire" has to be continuously debunkled by Snopes as its pushed as the truth. And its pretty nasty satire.

Plus the babylon Bee very publicly fueded with and threatened to sue Snopes for saying it was lying.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/ ... malicious/
Babylon Bee CEO: Snopes Is 'Dishonest and It Seems Malicious'

Aug 5, 2019The owner of the Christian satirical site The Babylon Bee has come out swinging against Snopes, saying in an interview with Breitbart News that the fact-checking site is "misleading people to get people to believe we're misleading people.". Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon told Breitbart News that Snopes has continued to "fact-check" his site even...
Satire site looking into legal action against Snopes over ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com › news › satire-site-looking-into-legal-action-against-snopes-over-fact-checking
| July 30, 2019 02:22 PM S atire news site the Babylon Bee told readers they are planning on looking into legal action against the fact-checking site Snopes over what the Babylon Bee said is an...
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/s ... n-bee.html
Satire or Deceit? Christian Humor Site Feuds With Snopes ...
Aug 3, 2019Christian Humor Site Feuds With Snopes The Babylon Bee says Snopes went too far in fact-checking a satirical story. Snopes had suggested the Bee twisted its joke to deceive readers.
Notable & Quotable: Snopes Fact-Checks the Babylon Bee - WSJ
https://www.wsj.com/articles/notable-qu ... 1564613635
Notable & Quotable: Snopes Fact-Checks the Babylon Bee 'In case the playful tone does not make it obvious that the editors are joking, their "About Us" page clearly labels the site as ...
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Other weirdos”