Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I thought we had a Kellyanne Conway thread but can't find it.

Acyn@Acyn
Kellyanne: I think Democrats wake up every morning and they look at the calendar on the iPhone and it says January 6th. The date never changes. And then they get into an electric vehicle and go get an abortion.
Me, I normally have avocado toast and a soy milk latte before getting in my EV and heading over to my nearby abortion clinic. They have charging stations which is super convenient while having my procedure performed daily.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

They don't have curb-side abortions there yet? Can you call one in and pick it up?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:13 pm They don't have curb-side abortions there yet? Can you call one in and pick it up?
I should check if Doordash offers delivery service.
That would much easier!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Wait, you mean y'all don't have abortion providers with mobile clinics that pull up in a convoy food truck rally style?

(All kidding aside, a friend of mine wrote a master's degree thesis on the 'food truck' style mentality of mobile shop applied to other goods and services and while, no, abortion services were not on the list, urgent care medical services as a kind of reverse ambulance was)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:49 pm Wait, you mean y'all don't have abortion providers with mobile clinics that pull up in a convoy food truck rally style?

(All kidding aside, a friend of mine wrote a master's degree thesis on the 'food truck' style mentality of mobile shop applied to other goods and services and while, no, abortion services were not on the list, urgent care medical services as a kind of reverse ambulance was)
They have vans and busses that do mammograms, dental visits, BP, sugar and cholesterol checks, wound care and a whole raft of other medical services around here. No abortions though.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Maybe an upgraded MinuteClinic?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Fox & Friends Hosts Destroy Biden For Going on Vacation To ‘Escape the Mounting Crises’ — From Border to Impeachment

Ken Meyer
Dec 27th, 2023, 8:03 am

The hosts of Fox & Friends spent the first segment of Wednesday morning’s episode ripping President Joe Biden apart for going on a Caribbean vacation during a time of crisis.

The president and First Lady Jill Biden will, like last year, ring in the new year from St. Croix. Fox & Friends guest-host Griff Jenkins told viewers: “President Biden heading to St. Croix, to the Virgin Islands, to escape the mounting crises: the U.S. troops being attacked in the Middle East, the southern border which is on fire, and of course, possible impeachment as the House looks like they are moving forward on the inquiry.”

“To be fair to the president, he has gone for man years to the St. Croix to ring in the new year,” Jenkins continued. “It’s just, it’s that age old question and other president have faced it: when is the situation for the country in dire enough cases you shouldn’t be seen. Maybe it’s a bad look to be on a beach in the Caribbean, a luxury that many Americans and us right now can’t afford while these things are happening?”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends ... peachment/
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Because golfing at the country club/golf course you own while the world crumbles is totally normal and what everyday Americans do all the time.

Also, were they complaining about Congress taking time off?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here's to hoping!
Jonathan Greenberg @JournalistJG wrote: Tarot reader live on Fox News is asked to predict Trump's fate in 2024. She pulls the death card, on air. Imagine that...
helena hind @cynicalzoomer wrote: this is the best thing that's ever aired on the fox news channel
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

One thing I've learned here in situations like this. NEVER ask the question if you don't already know the answer.

Srsly, I'm surprised they didn't stage something.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump attorney Christina Bobb: “The president is elected by the entire nation and it should be the entire nation who determines who they want for president, whether they are guilty of insurrection or not.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They just don't hear it, do they?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:42 pm They just don't hear it, do they?
. . . it should be the entire nation who determines who they want for president, whether they are guilty of insurrection or not.
Also too, if the entire nation determined whom they wanted for president, the entire nation didn't want Donnie Depends, twice. Also three, Bobb is an idiot, twice.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:36 pm One thing I've learned here in situations like this. NEVER ask the question if you don't already know the answer.

Srsly, I'm surprised they didn't stage something.
Who says they didn't stage it?

What would get people the most looking at that and talking about that clip? No, not the success card, the Death card would.

And they work by scaring the marks, then they will stay to be reassured by the next segment and get a Dopamine rush.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

. . . it should be the entire nation who determines who they want for president, whether they are guilty of insurrection or not.
The entire nation passed the Constitutional Amendment which determines who is legally allowed to run for President. Let's go with that.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Joe is coming after you !!!

jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:53 pm Here's to hoping!
Jonathan Greenberg @JournalistJG wrote: Tarot reader live on Fox News is asked to predict Trump's fate in 2024. She pulls the death card, on air. Imagine that...
helena hind @cynicalzoomer wrote: this is the best thing that's ever aired on the fox news channel
Death card (upright) means "change" or "transformation" not death. That is a common misinterpretation. Reversed (upside down) it means a failure to progress or transform, fear of new beginnings.

The only card that could be interpreted to mean physical death is the 10 of Swords, and that depends on the layout, it's position, whether it's upright or reversed.

Yeah, I spent my teenage years with a deck of tarot cards. Still have them, actually. :cantlook:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
raison de arizona

jez wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:30 am Death card (upright) means "change" or "transformation" not death. That is a common misinterpretation. Reversed (upside down) it means a failure to progress or transform, fear of new beginnings.

The only card that could be interpreted to mean physical death is the 10 of Swords, and that depends on the layout, it's position, whether it's upright or reversed.

Yeah, I spent my teenage years with a deck of tarot cards. Still have them, actually. :cantlook:
Could it mean "loss"? :mrgreen: Pretty please?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

jez wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:30 am Death card (upright) means "change" or "transformation" not death. That is a common misinterpretation. Reversed (upside down) it means a failure to progress or transform, fear of new beginnings.

Which is why the Death card came up on FOX. They don't care about the proper interpretation, they just wanted the video of her holding the Death card because its shocking and appeals to people on face value. Will get LOTS of cliiiiicks.

I have no idea if she gave the proper interpretation on air, but I'm betting not, and the Video will have cut off there regardless.

So, ya, totally a set up.
Hic sunt dracones
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:50 am

Could it mean "loss"? :mrgreen: Pretty please?
:D Yes, Loss is one other interpretation. It's a theme.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Watched Bartiromo this morning, talk about :crazy: Best Gingrich. Habba the parking lot lawyer. And Kari Lake and Stephen Miller. Miller is really going off the deep end imho, just screaming how mean everyone in Biden admin is being. Naturally, Bartiromo nods her head and never pushes back.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:39 pm
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump attorney Christina Bobb: “The president is elected by the entire nation and it should be the entire nation who determines who they want for president, whether they are guilty of insurrection or not.”
By that logic, the "entire nation" had the right to elect a scary black man who was born in Kenya, whether he is/was a natural born citizen or not.

If you're going to ignore any part of the Constitution, you must be prepared to ignore all of it.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
The main birthers, Taitz and Zullo/Arpiehole, never claim Obama was born ... anywhere. Taitz, to this day, claims only that he used someone else's SSN, and Zullo claims only that the birth certificate is a forgery. Neither of them will ever be caught saying Obama was born anywhere but Hawai'i.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Well, Orly did try and introduce a fake Birth cert into evidence in one of her cases, one that said he was born in Kenya.

Getting laughed at for that probably burned her on that stuff though
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

OK, I do get that this kerfuffle over Defense Secretary Austin is a big news deal until it's sorted out, but Fox is digging in big time over it and the LACK OF TRANSPARENCY!! I mean, I don't recall any drama and hysterics over all the lack of transparency in tfg's admin. None.

Return to “Current Politics”