POLL: Who WILL Kamala Harris Choose as Her VP? Tim Walz!

Who should Kamala Harris choose as her VP if President Biden steps down?

Josh Shapiro - PA Gov
31%
Pete Buttigieg - DOT Secretary
17%
Andy Beshear - KY Gov
6%
Roy Cooper - NC Gov
8%
Mark Kelly - AZ Sen
17%
Jared Polis - CO Gov
No votes
JB Pritzker - IL Gov
8%
Gavin Newsom & Gretchen Whitmer - Passed
2%
Other
11%
Only Ridin' With Biden - No Change
No votes

Total votes: 64

roadscholar

POLL: Who Should Kamala Harris Choose as Her VP Now That President Biden Declined The Nomination? (If Nominee)

Post by roadscholar »

I liked Kelly but the point about not endangering a D Senate seat is a good one.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
June bug

POLL: Who Should Kamala Harris Choose as Her VP Now That President Biden Declined The Nomination? (If Nominee)

Post by June bug »

roadscholar wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:51 pm I liked Kelly but the point about not endangering a D Senate seat is a good one.
If Kelly is selected, and the Democrats win the Presidential election, Kelly’s seat is safely Democratic at least through 2026. Arizona state law requires his replacement to be a Democrat who would serve till a special election to fill the seat. That special election must take place in the next general election, which would be 2026.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I keep putting in a good word for FOGGY! Told them he could promise a Rooster in Every Pot™. But as soon as they hear Orly Taitz had her hands in his mouth, they go dark and ghost. Even telling them he shared charcuterie with his pal Amy Kremer in her luxurious suite in DC on Jan 6th doesn't bring them back.

:lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

I changed my vote to Other (Superman). :batting:

Trump has no kryptonite.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:33 pm I changed my vote to Other (Superman). :batting:

Trump has no kryptonite.
I'm sorry good sir, but Kal-El is not a natural born citizen of the Us of A.... :fingerwag: :nope:

And even if he were Lex Luthor would provide Zee Orange Furher the kryptonite...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Post by bob »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:36 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:33 pm I changed my vote to Other (Superman). :batting:

Trump has no kryptonite.
I'm sorry good sir, but Kal-El is not a natural born citizen of the Us of A.... :fingerwag: :nope:
:fingerwag: :nope:

2008:
Obama wrote:Who is Barack Obama? Contrary to the rumors that you've heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jor-el to save the planet earth.

Many of you -- many of you know that I got my name Barack from my father. What you may not know is Barack is actually Swahili for "that one." And I got my middle name from somebody who obviously didn't think I'd ever run for president.
Bonus:
I have never, not once, put lipstick on a pig. Or a pit bull, or myself. Rudy Giuliani, that's one for you. I mean, who would have thought that a cross-dressing mayor from New York City would have a tough time winning the Republican nomination? It's shocking.

Then at one of these campaign rallies someone in the crowd started yelling "Nobama," announcing to everyone in the room that I shouldn't be the Democratic nominee because there were far more qualified candidates. I really wish Joe Biden hadn't done that.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I miss Obama.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:46 pm :snippity:
:fingerwag: :nope:

2008:
Obama wrote:Who is Barack Obama? Contrary to the rumors that you've heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jor-el to save the planet earth.

:snippity:
Well played sir...well played.... :clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Just saw this, holy sh*t is Pete great. He eviscerates Shannon Bream on Fox News Sunday. It's textbook perfect. Same points as with Jon Stewart which is especially fun on Fox News. He looks her in the eye and takes her down hard. "Let's be real". "Let's be very clear." He says Trump always lies and he doesn't trust him. Anybody wanting to be a public speaker or on TV should study these interviews.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I just learned Shapiro may have been involved in a “murder investigation” of a woman (Ellen Greenberg) stabbed over twenty times (two of the stabbings were post mortem). He was AG at the time. Her parents filed a wrongful death suit which is now at the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:33 am I just learned Shapiro may have been involved in a “murder investigation” of a woman (Ellen Greenberg) stabbed over twenty times (two of the stabbings were post mortem). He was AG at the time. Her parents filed a wrongful death suit which is now at the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2023/05/ ... urder.html
It was handed off to the AG when the Greenberg's attorney was elected DA and was conflicted out.
bob

Post by bob »

Too also: An AG's name is on thousands and thousands of cases because an AG represents the state. (This also is true for Harris.)

I personally am unimpressed by "[this horrible thing] happened under the AG's watch" attacks, but I acknowledge they can resonate with others.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Harris VP mystery: Signs point to Shapiro

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/02/josh-s ... nning-mate
No one who really knows is talking. But White House, campaign and party sources tell Axios that all signs point to Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, 51, being picked as running mate for Vice President Kamala Harris. Virtually all roads to 270 electoral votes run through Pennsylvania — one of the few things the Harris and Trump campaigns agree on.

It’s a combination of math and logic: Pennsylvania’s 19 electoral college votes are the biggest swing-state prize on the map, and its Democratic governor has a 61% approval rating. Shapiro’s VP stock hit record highs Thursday afternoon after CNN reported he was canceling a series of weekend fundraisers in the Hamptons.
:snippity:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump got to the Hamptons first. Today.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

ftr, Axios, other news organs report that all of the vp candidates have been asked to clear their weekends so that face to face meetings with kh can be scheduked,
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

On TV :?: :shock: The Combined Alliances of 5th Avenues like to send in their protest :twisted:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

To follow-up with this Question:
The planned TV discussion that was to be between the VP Candidates, how will that play out now? Is (Shapiro, ... ) going to face off with JD Vance? Will Kamela Harris get an extra challenge as potus candidate against #45?
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:47 pm To follow-up with this Question:
The planned TV discussion that was to be between the VP Candidates, how will that play out now? Is (Shapiro, ... ) going to face off with JD Vance? Will Kamela Harris get an extra challenge as potus candidate against #45?
Debates are voluntary, with mutually agreed-upon terms.

The Republican party presently appears to see no upside in debating.
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

The Philly mayor presetting a tweet doesn't sound all that strange... but whoever hit send is having a rough night.
Philly Mayor’s Tweet Causes Confusion About Kamala Harris’ VP Pick
WHOOPS
The post asserting that Josh Shapiro was the VP pick was set to be published Monday, but someone pressed send too early, a report said.

Josh Fiallo Breaking News Reporter
Published Aug. 02, 2024 6:26PM EDT

An apparently accidental post on X by Philadelphia’s mayor led to mass confusion Friday as it insinuated Kamala Harris’ pick for vice president was Josh Shapiro. Mayor Cherelle Parker posted a clip in support of Harris and Shapiro for the presidential ticket on Friday, despite Harris not being expected to announce her VP pick until early next week.

Ernest Owens, editor of Philadelphia Magazine, reported Friday that “political sources” in the city told him that the post touting Shapiro as the VP choice was supposed to be scheduled for Monday and not Friday afternoon. “I’m hearing there’s a ‘firestorm’ right now,” he wrote on X. “I guess that’s an understatement.”

The clip, which is just over a minute along, largely focuses on Harris but has a segment where a Philadelphian praises Shapiro after Parker declares she “can’t think of a better partner than our governor.” At another point, a voice says, “Josh Shapiro for vice president.”

A “source close to Parker,” however, told the Philadelphia Inquirer that the video was “not an announcement of anything,” and that it was merely “the mayor showing her support for a longtime friend who we know is one of the people being considered.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/philly-ma ... is-vp-pick
Luke

Post by Luke »

True. Sugar, you reminded me -- this is one of my favorite episodes of all time. :lol: OT so putting it in spoiler:

► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
Rachel Welch? We know she didn't drown!
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

Luke wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:07 pm True. Sugar, you reminded me -- this is one of my favorite episodes of all time. :lol: OT so putting it in spoiler:

► Show Spoiler
Thanks for posting this! I immediately thought of that hilarious episode!
Luke

Post by Luke »

That's awesome we both thought of that! Posted something in the What are you Watching topic that's MTM gold.

I know it's not happening:

🌊 Leftover News 🌊 @LeftoverNews
If @KamalaHarris put @PeteButtigieg on the ticket #KamalaPete would put @GOP in a sticky wicket

KamalaPete.jpg
KamalaPete.jpg (108.67 KiB) Viewed 999 times

Return to “US President”