Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 60

AndyinPA
Verified:

Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by AndyinPA »

I'd like to hear more of this.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Fauci:
Fauci says he has ‘no doubt’ Biden is capable of continuing as president
BY SARAH FORTINSKY - 07/03/24 6:19 PM ET

Former White House chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a new interview he has “no doubt” President Biden is mentally capable of serving as president, amid growing concern among Democrats about the president’s standing as the party’s presumptive nominee. “In my interactions with him, I have no doubt,” Fauci said about Biden, when asked on the CBS News podcast “The Takeout” with Major Garrett if he has any concerns about the president’s “vigor and mental capability” to continue in office. “And I can only speak in my own interactions with him,” Fauci added in the interview released Wednesday.

Fauci — who, for nearly four decades, served as the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) — cautioned against drawing any medical conclusions just based on one event. Asked if he saw anything “medically alarm[ing]” in Biden’s debate performance last week, Fauci responded, “You know, I can’t say. I think it would be inappropriate to say that, Major, because when you’re just looking at someone on a one-shot basis, you just don’t know what could happen.” “Did he have a bad cold, you know? Did he take an antihistamine to make him, you know, groggy, or what have you? We don’t know what went on,” Fauci continued. “And I think it would be unfair and inappropriate to try and diagnose something from just a 90-minute clip.”

Fauci, who retired at the end of Biden’s second year in office, described the president as sharp and inquisitive in their interactions. When asked if Biden’s debate performance “at all” resembled what he saw in his interactions with the president, Fauci said, “No, I mean, obviously not.” “I don’t want to comment about what happened that night, but you know, to me, it just looked like a bad night,” Fauci said, “because my interaction with him was what I described in the book and what happened even subsequent to what I described in the book, after I got out.” He called Biden “very probing in his questions, very analytical, very calm about things,” and said during briefings, Biden always asked “very relevant questions.” Fauci continued, “So my interactions with him, I have to say, have been very, very positive, in every way.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... president/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/GavinNewsom/status/1808656040386285717
Gavin Newsom @GavinNewsom wrote: I heard three words from the President tonight -- he’s all in. And so am I.

@JoeBiden’s had our back. Now it’s time to have his.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I am so, so happy to hear Biden's strong statement that he is IN and the D Governors are behind him.

Today I had lunch with friends and when they asked me how I was I said "trying not to surrender to doom." My friends are a gay married couple. We were gathered to celebrate because one of the guys had just beaten cancer, so it's not surprising that they were far happier than me.

I feel better now 10 hours later. But, why are we white liberals so prone to succumb to doom?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

"destructive"? "some Democrats"?

WHAT DEMOCRATS YOU EFFING A-HOLE - name names already! Put up or shut up!

Cause I haven't seen any!

(admittedly I am in a bubble down here in Ozlandia)
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:11 am "destructive"? "some Democrats"?

WHAT DEMOCRATS YOU EFFING A-HOLE - name names already! Put up or shut up!

Cause I haven't seen any!

(admittedly I am in a bubble down here in Ozlandia)
I believe in this case it's "Putin up".
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

President Biden is sitting down with George Stephanopoulos Friday. He's apparently called Jeffries and Pelosi, and had a meeting with Democratic governors. Good steps. Why so long? To counter the debate, seems vital to have President Biden out there as much as possible (not teleprompter). We need the election to be a choice, not a referendum. The debate and not seeing him is affecting voters.

Peter Namby leaked a Democratic poll that's been making the rounds.

Biden Plunges in Swing States in Leaked Post-Debate Poll
The president is losing critical support in key battlegrounds, according to data from a premier Democratic firm, and putting previously noncompetitive states in play. Also, for the first time, he’s polling behind Kamala Harris
https://puck.news/biden-plunges-in-swin ... bate-poll/

Here's the poll... Its behind a firewall but you get 1 free story a month so used it to get this:

New Interesting Pod Save America: [Pod Save America] Democrats Debate Biden's Future #podSaveAmerica
https://podcastaddict.com/pod-save-amer ... /178709240 via @PodcastAddict

Hacks on Tap joined by JMart [Hacks On Tap] Tick Tock, Tick Tock (with Jonathan Martin) #hacksOnTap
https://podcastaddict.com/hacks-on-tap/ ... /178698675 via @PodcastAddict

Y'all know I love Biden. We also need to win. Trying to look at both sides. Voters will decide.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"No seeing him"? He's been out there doing events and speeches all week. Yesterday, You were panicking about a joke he told at a speech, and now we are on the "not seeing him" line? Is this a repeat of the "Hillary is not doing interviews and hiding herself away!" Media lie?

In the meantime, Turnip is hiding himself away. Someone has probably got him tied down somewhere to avoid him popping up and saying something stupid.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Not seeing him off teleprompter, instead giving press conferences, town halls, and interviews. It's now a week since this happened. Re Trump: Why would anybody interrupt their enemy's chaos? Actually, its been about the only good thing -- finally we're not hearing about what he's eating or has a hangnail. I hear and always respect you Suranis, but check the battlestate poll... its now 40% of Biden 2020 voters saying now vs. 25% last month. Voters are not sticking. Respectfully, I wasn't panicking, I was saying that when 70% of voters are questioning his stamina and cognitive ability, talking about falling asleep (the trips were 11 days earlier) wasn't the message I'd hoped to see. Unlike the MAGA cult, Dems can talk this out. We're on the same team.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Off teleprompter speeches?" Are we back to that bullshit standard again? Ya, Obama was lazy and stupid for using telepropters, and using them was a sign of Hillary's ill health.

And I already posted other polls that show Biden doing well. Shrug.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Fair enough. I respect your thoughts and opinions, that's what this topic is about.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

There's also some actual presidenting going on, something about which tfg never bothered about even when in office.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

@ZevShalev
30-year TV exec producer here. I've run Biden's debate audio through multiple digital enhancers and correctors and can't repair it. Frequencies unnaturally boosted/cut, words clipped. He sounds breathy and hissy, and his mid-range vocal frequencies are de-emphasized. This level of variation isn't accidental. It needs to be externally investigated. #DebateAudioGate
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Conspiracy theory? I make no assumptions.

raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:00 amIn the meantime, Turnip is hiding himself away. Someone has probably got him tied down somewhere to avoid him popping up and saying something stupid.
Yes and no:
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Dumpy is using the "she slept her way to the top" in the latest whingefest:
GRqbpGaXoAEaegG.jpeg
GRqbpGaXoAEaegG.jpeg (97.69 KiB) Viewed 317 times
He is so scared
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Messi should retire immediately after missing that shot. His days as a player are obviously over and done with. Coaches and players worldwide are calling for him to step down and let some of the younger players shine.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Disney heir joins other Democrat backers to pause donations until Joe Biden steps aside
Abigail Disney says choice to suspend donations is based on ‘realism, not disrespect’, and suggests Kamala Harris as an alternative

Jonathan Yerushalmy
Fri 5 Jul 2024 05.39 CEST

In the minutes after Joe Biden and Donald Trump stepped on to the stage for the first debate of the 2024 presidential campaign, the grand narrative of this election year shifted off its axis and, in the words of CNN’s veteran broadcaster John King, “a deep, wide and aggressive” panic set in among Democrats.

A week on, and Biden has said he isn’t going anywhere, but a trickle of major Democratic donors speaking out against the president has grown into a stream.

On Thursday, Abigail Disney – the heir to the Disney family fortune and a major party donor – announced she would withhold donations unless Biden dropped out of the race.

“This is realism, not disrespect,” Disney told CNBC, adding “if Biden does not step down the Democrats will lose. Of that I am absolutely certain. The consequences for the loss will be genuinely dire.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... sney-pause
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:57 am
“This is realism, not disrespect,” Disney told CNBC, adding “if Biden does not step down the Democrats will lose. Of that I am absolutely certain. The consequences for the loss will be genuinely dire.”
And she's going to do her damndest to ensure that happens? Good luck, crackpot. Enjoy your tfg alternative.

I've a special message just for her:
► Show Spoiler
Luke

Post by Luke »

Interviews, unscripted appearances, travel -- terrific. Let's go.
CNN White House correspondent Priscilla Alvarez reported that Biden’s upcoming travel included a rally in Madison, Wisconsin and the high-stakes Stephanopoulos interview Friday, a campaign stop in Pennsylvania Sunday, the NATO summit in Washington, D.C. next week, and speeches in Nevada to Black and Latino conferences in mid-July.
Biden ramps up unscripted events, travel and plans $50 million ad buy amid intense scrutiny
By Betsy Klein, CNN Updated 7:57 AM EDT, Fri July 5, 2024

President Joe Biden’s team is telegraphing a strategy to put the president forth for more casual, unscripted events and an accelerated public schedule as he seeks to shift the narrative away from his poor debate performance.

Biden’s reelection campaign on Friday announced an “aggressive travel schedule” this month that will take him, the vice president, the first lady and the second gentleman to every battleground state following calls from allies to ramp up campaigning and public messaging efforts. In its announcement, the campaign said the president “can also be expected to engage in frequent off-the-cuff moments over the course of the month, as he has consistently throughout this campaign.”

The president’s reelection campaign will also launch a $50 million “paid media blitz” in July, including what it is calling “strategic investments” during events likely to draw a large swath of voters, such as the 2024 Olympics and the Republican National Convention. The media buys will focus on battleground state voters and include TV, radio and digital ads that the campaign says will focus on abortion, the economy and democracy, and signal the campaign’s ongoing efforts to reach voters through conventional methods. The campaign says it’s looking to “capitalize on pivotal high viewership and political diverse audiences,” pointing to “The Bachelorette” season premiere and the Olympic Games’ popularity with Gen Z Americans. And there is the hope and expectation that Biden’s off-the-cuff moments reach audiences on social platforms.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/04/politics ... index.html
bob

Post by bob »

538 (ABC): Would Kamala Harris be a stronger candidate than Biden?

Executive summary: No.

The takeaway is that Biden and Harris poll comparably overall. (Biden also gets points for intangibles, like incumbency.) But Biden does much better in Pennsylvania, which 538 sees as the tipping-point state, i.e., because it'll be easier for Biden to win Pennsylvania, it'll also be easier for him to win the electoral college.

Ditto for Wisconsin, which is right behind Pennsylvania in importance. Whereas Harris does better in Georgia and Nevada. Biden winning Pennsylvania and Wisconsin while losing Georgia and Nevada means he's the president, but Harris winning Georgia and Nevada while losing Pennsylvania and Wisconsin means she loses (at least in the electoral college, and that's all that really matters).
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I just finished watching the end of Biden's Madison unscripted (no teleprompters) rally speech.

Yup, same ole' Joe. :thumbsup:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Great to hear, Neon!!

The Biden ABC News interview will be shown in full at 8pm EDT. Originally it was just going to be highlights with the full interview on This Week, but ABC realized holding it another 2 days wouldn't be right.

More extensive reporting about the lead-up to the debate -- some boneheaded moves like making Biden practice all day Wed AND Thu before flying to Atlanta when apparently he was really sick and had lost his voice. I've always found Lemire very well sourced and professional:
Inside the crucial days leading up to Biden’s debate disaster
As recriminations fly and explanations shift, new debate prep details emerge.
By ELI STOKOLS and JONATHAN LEMIRE 07/05/2024 12:49 PM EDT Updated: 07/05/2024 03:16 PM EDT
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/0 ... d-00166624

Meanwhile, this is going around (attached 11-page PDF) and reported by a "breaking news intern" on Daily Beast.
Anonymous ‘Case for Kamala Harris’ Memo Goes Viral Among Democrats
ANON PLEASE
The Google doc is a viral hit in top Democratic circles and says Biden must go then outlines two scenarios: “Kamala or chaos.”
Owen Lavine Breaking News Intern
Updated Jul. 05, 2024 6:09PM EDT Published Jul. 05, 2024 4:50PM EDT

A Google Document making the case for President Joe Biden to drop out of the race in favor of Vice President Kamala Harris is causing intrigue as it goes viral in big-money Democratic donor circles.

The document, entitled “The case for Kamala,” was first reported by CNN and says bluntly, “We are currently losing. We need to do something different to win.” It adds, “Like it or not, there’s one realistic path out of this mess: Kamala.”

The document has no metadata to identify who wrote it but shows that it was first created on Tuesday. The memo claims to have been written by “senior operatives within Democratic political institutions."
More: https://www.thedailybeast.com/anonymous ... -democrats

kamala_case_hi669b.png
kamala_case_hi669b.png (37.59 KiB) Viewed 139 times

kamala_case_2_jr3uoi.png
kamala_case_2_jr3uoi.png (24.98 KiB) Viewed 139 times

kamala_case3_gx5pfa.png
kamala_case3_gx5pfa.png (44.87 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Attachments
The case for Kamala.pdf
(498.36 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Return to “US President”