Republicans behaving badly

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:49 pm His momma evidently didn't tell him what I told me kids a million times. "Stop talking because your mouth is going to get you in trouble." That eventually became "Mouth...trouble" with a little hand gesture. They understood. LOL

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:46 pm
Rolodex wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:49 pm His momma evidently didn't tell him what I told me kids a million times. "Stop talking because your mouth is going to get you in trouble." That eventually became "Mouth...trouble" with a little hand gesture. They understood. LOL

:rotflmao: Bruce Rivers, criminal lawyer, says it a little more delicately "quit self snitchin' ".
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

...unless it's corporate.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What an asshole.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Massie: Congratulations, you’re able to read the name

Bolduan: I don’t think you’re trying to question my intelligence, are you?

Massie: You don’t have time to prepare for this like I did

Bolduan: Do you mean the two pages that I read in two minutes?!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

https://x.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/17459 ... 37093?s=20
Jo @JoJoFromJerz wrote: In the state of Mississippi more than 1 in 5 children face hunger.
And their Governor Tate Reeves, has announced that he won’t participate in a federal summer food program for children.
You see, he doesn’t want the state with the highest poverty rate and the most hunger in the country to turn into a “welfare state.”
So those kids can just starve.
But do go on about how “pro-life” Republicans “protect our kids” wont you.
Mississippi opts out of federal summer food program, Reeves cites opposition to ‘welfare state’ expansion
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Can't have a "border crisis" to campaign on iffn you let Biden fix it.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Crockett: President Biden has tried to give our border agents 100 new cutting edge inspection devices and add 1000 additional law enforcement personnel. Republicans obstructed that request. Honestly, I can't tell if y'all are for anything other than obstruction and cruelty.
raison de arizona

Moar on the manufactured border crisis from Moskowitz.
raison de arizona

Even moar on the border from Raskin. One party is more interested in scoring political points than the good of the nation.
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Rep. Raskin: Republicans are taking orders from Donald Trump and actively obstructing a deal on immigration and the border. Just like how Trump is openly hoping for an economic crash. They want chaos
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://x.com/tomaskenn/status/1748347624523002029?s=20
DUI arrest footage of newly elected Republican Party of Florida chair Evan Power. He was driving drunk, crashed his car, had a loaded gun with a bullet in the chamber, and the police report apparently mentions he had a bunch of silver bars, like some knockoff Bob Menendez.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

This apparently took place five years ago.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

qbawl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:42 am This apparently took place five years ago.
Thanks. A good reminder to cross check. I checked the date of the post, and watched the video. Apparently not enough these days. :bag:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

qbawl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:42 am This apparently took place five years ago.
It might be an easy mistake to make, seeing as the current GOP chair is being investigated for rape.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Still goes to his character, whether five years ago or not, he is now the leader of the FL GOP.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/politics ... index.html
Republicans engaged in a tense back-and-forth during their conference lunch Tuesday over border talks with some openly questioning Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s strategy and others assailing colleagues for attacking the proposal before it’s even out.

“I think everyone is questioning everyone’s strategy on this,” said Sen. Joni Ernst, an Iowa Republican. “What’s the best way forward? I think that’s what people want to know and understand.”

The fight illustrates the increasingly perilous path ahead to pass any proposal on immigration – tied with aid to Ukraine and Israel – as Republicans remain divided over whether to cut a deal with Democrats on the high-profile issue in the middle of a presidential election.

During the meeting, Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin questioned McConnell’s leadership on the issue, two sources told CNN, just a day after saying publicly that the Kentucky Republican couldn’t negotiate his way out of paper bag.

“It was a good debate. This is tough policy,” Sen. John Hoeven, a North Dakota Republican, said. “Some of it was boisterous.”

One Republican in the meeting said lunch was “nasty, nasty.”

“It’s an ugly place in the conference right now,” the member said on the condition of background to speak freely about what had occurred. “People are attacking Mitch openly in a way I haven’t seen … to his face.”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When Mitch McConnell is the adult in the room, your party has some serious issues, and that’s putting it as politely as I can.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:48 am When Mitch McConnell is the adult in the room, your party has some serious issues, and that’s putting it as politely as I can.
Oh don’t worry. McConnell is onboard with tanking the border for tfg.
https://x.com/jakesherman/status/1750295162310349121
Jake Sherman @JakeSherman wrote: NEWS from me & @bresreports in @PunchbowlNews PM:

MCCONNELL told a closed meeting of Senate Republicans Wed that the politics of the border has flipped for Rs and cast doubt on linking Ukraine and border.

“When we started this, the border united us and Ukraine divided us.”

“The politics on this have changed,” McConnell then told his GOP colleagues.

This is ALL about Trump.

McConnell referred to Trump as “the nominee” and noted the former president wants to run his 2024 campaign centered on immigration. And the GOP leader said, “We don’t want to do anything to undermine him.”

“We’re in a quandary,” McConnell added.

MORE: https://punchbowl.news/archive/12424-punchbowl-news-pm/
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

There are so many different places to post this, but ...

"Only the best people, part the eight hundredth": https://www.rawstory.com/boebert-2024/
Boebert's first debate was a 'clown car crash' as 6 GOP candidates admit arrest records
:snippity:

According to the Times report, "At one point, candidates were asked to raise their hands if they had ever been arrested. Six of the nine candidates onstage raised their hands, to cheers and applause from the audience. Trent Leisy, a Navy veteran and business owner, high-fived Mr. Lynch and Ms. Boebert while their hands were raised."

The report notes that Boebert admitted to having been arrested only once over "a simple traffic violation that was unpaid," with the Times' Chris Cameron adding, "the local news media have reported at least two additional arrests. In one incident in 2015, Ms. Boebert told police officers who were arresting her that she 'had friends at Fox News' and that the arrest would be national news.
So now arrest records for being various grades of trailer trash are positive qualifications to run for national leadership... And they all wish they could be future felons like the TFG.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Those are qualifications for Republicans to run!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Raddatz: You stated that Joe Biden is the legitimate president. Donald Trump denies that. Does that concern you?

Trump 2024 endorser Scott: We don’t have time to break down who believes what

Raddatz: I just broke down that Trump is an election denier
raison de arizona

If you can't win an election, just make it so the other side cannot vote!
https://x.com/Victorshi2020/status/1752 ... 61834?s=20
Victor Shi @Victorshi2020 wrote: BREAKING. Kentucky Senate Republicans just passed a bill that would BAN students from using college photo IDs as their identification for voting. Republicans are actively suppressing young voices because they are scared of us. Be alarmed & outraged. We will make them find out.
raison de arizona

For shame. What a racist %$#K.
Melanie Zanona @MZanona wrote: GOP Rep. Troy Nehls slammed Dem Rep. Cori Bush today for using campaign funds to pay her husband for security services, and also said Bush -- a black member of the Squad who has faced death threats – is “loud” and should “tone it down” if she doesn't want to face threats.

“She doesn't even support the police. But the idea to pay her thug money to try to help protect her this and that, for what?” Nehls said. “Maybe if she wouldn't be so loud all the time, maybe she wouldn't be getting threats.”

I asked whether he was suggesting Bush deserves to be threatened, and Nehls said: “No, what I'm saying is, is that when you're out there talking the way she does.. She's pretty radical. And maybe she should tone it down a little bit.”
https://x.com/MZanona/status/1752485985865081312?s=20
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd bet the farm Cotton thought Singapore was a region or city in China.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Tom Cotton: Mr. Chew, what can you tell me of this Godzilla and the threat he poses on Americans?

Shou Zi Chew: Bro, wtf?
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”