George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

⚖️ Docket filings for George Santos and many other cases, including Dominion, Lindell, Giuliani, Richer v Lake & Trump Indictments are on our Protopage at https://protopage.com/birthers#George_Santos
United States v. Devolder Santos (2:23-cr-00197)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
realist

Post by realist »

Luke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:46 am ⚖️ Docket filings for George Santos and many other cases, including Dominion, Lindell, Giuliani, Richer v Lake & Trump Indictments are on our Protopage at https://protopage.com/birthers#George_Santos
United States v. Devolder Santos (2:23-cr-00197)
:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ex-Rep. Santos asks former colleagues if they would draft expulsion resolution for Cuellar

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4643 ... press.coop
Former Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) went after former House colleagues Saturday, asking if they would draft a resolution to expel Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas).

“Hey @RitchieTorres are you going to draft an expulsion resolution for Henry Cuellar? Or is that just for republicans who flip seats?” Santos said in a post on the social platform X directed at Rep. Ritchie Torres (D-N.Y.). “Inquiring minds want to know.”

Back in February of last year, Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.), alongside Torres and Reps. Dan Goldman (D-N.Y.), Becca Balint (D-Vt.) and Eric Sorensen (D-Ill.), unveiled a resolution to expel Santos. Santos was expelled from the House later in the year, becoming the sixth lawmaker ever to be pushed from the lower chamber.

“So here’s the thing… is miss thang @RepRobertGarcia going to draft an expulsion resolution for Henry Cuellar?” Santos said in another post on X Saturday. “Inquiring minds want to know.”

Cuellar and his wife were indicted on charges in relation to allegedly taking almost $600,000 in bribes and laundering funds Friday.

An indictment from the Department of Justice (DOJ) discussed payments the Texas Democrat allegedly took by way of an oil company owned by the Azerbaijan government and a Mexican bank.

“The bribe payments were allegedly laundered, pursuant to sham consulting contracts, through a series of front companies and middlemen into shell companies owned by Imelda Cuellar, who performed little to no legitimate work under the contracts,” the DOJ said in a press release on the indictment in the Southern District of Texas.

Cuellar said in a statement by way of his campaign that “both my wife and I are innocent of these allegations.”

“Everything I have done in Congress has been to serve the people of South Texas,” he said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Crayon Sabitchy or whatever name he is using week sounds butthurt.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

chancery wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:52 am FYI: George Santos is filing his opening defense briefs to his federal indictment, which were due by May 3 with no further extensions permitted “absent exceptional circumstances,” on May 4.
FYI, it appears as though Santos's attorneys missed the midnight deadline by only a few minutes. It would surprise me if the prosecution or the judge made a fuss.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oliya Scootercaster 🛴 @ScooterCasterNY wrote: "You know why Nick Fuentes hates me?" George Santos spoke outside Trump's Bronx rally about prominent Putin and Hitler supporter Fuentes "because he hates the truth and you know why he hates it more? Because I'm the only one who can drag that queer out of the closet"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
rikker

Post by rikker »

George Santos is no Donald Trump. He'd have to lie continuously for the next fifty years to achieve that hoary pinnacle.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

rikker wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:32 pm George Santos is no Donald Trump. He'd have to lie continuously for the next fifty years to achieve that hoary pinnacle.
Good to see you, rikker!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1

A federal judge has just declined a request from George Santos to dismiss several criminal charges against him.

Santos still faces 23 counts tied to accusations that he misled and mistreated campaign donors, lied on financial disclosures and inflated campaign finance reports.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Are these felonies?
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:14 pm Are these felonies?
At least some of them are.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

And here I was wondering when I saw the 'recent activity' indicator on this one whether it was because he made a last minute appearance at the RNC.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ju ... 9b76&ei=18
A federal judge has denied former U.S. Rep. George Santos‘ motion for potential jurors in his fraud case to be questioned about their opinions of him but granted his request for a partially anonymous jury.

The judge called the questionnaires one of the “worst” and most “inefficient” mechanisms during a pretrial hearing Tuesday.

NewsNation confirmed that a pool of 348 jurors will be questioned, and jury selection is expected to last one week. Opening statements are scheduled for Sept. 16.

Santos has pleaded not guilty to various financial crimes, including lying to Congress about his wealth, collecting unemployment benefits while employed and using campaign contributions to pay for personal expenses such as designer clothing.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Wait...are they saying Santos doesn't have the absolutely best, A team lawyers on his case? Certainly the pretrial questionnaire is the best one ever seen - I know there was lots of input from Santos himself!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Was checking the docket (it's on our protopage at https://protopage.com/birthers and saw a pre-trial scheduled for Monday. Checked around and saw there's reporting Kitara may take a plea deal and plead guilty.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 12s
🚨⚖️ NEW: George Santos might plead GUILTY in a plea deal at his 8/19/24 pre-trial hearing, set for 3 PM! 🍿 Gov't pushing for trial to start 9/16/24. US v. Devolder Santos (2:23-cr-00197) District Court, E.D. New York. #KitaraRavache #SantosTrial Docket: https://courtlistener.com/docket/673584 ... -399645738

Santos Pre Trial.JPG
Santos Pre Trial.JPG (262.51 KiB) Viewed 770 times

Santos Trial.JPG
Santos Trial.JPG (179.6 KiB) Viewed 770 times

Santos Trial 2.JPG
Santos Trial 2.JPG (149.81 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

He knows he'll be pardoned in five months after Trump becomes president. :point:
Largo al factotum.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

zekeb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:06 pm He knows he'll be pardoned in five months after Trump becomes president. :point:
And djt will cover all his attorney fees too.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

At the end, he buckles like a belt....

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/17/nx-s1-50 ... cted-fraud
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I forget, were there also separate state charges of any kind pending here?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:46 am I forget, were there also separate state charges of any kind pending here?
Good question! I don't have an answer because I never put all Kitara Ravache's charges in a spreadsheet. :oopsy:

I thought she would just go away.
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:46 am I forget, were there also separate state charges of any kind pending here?
No; none pending.

And Santos resolved his Brazilian charges. There are various civil suits out there.
Image ImageImage
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Santos is just another weirdo in the Trump orbit. Here's to the destruction of their comic book universe. Ooopa.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Poor Kitara.

JKL.JPG
JKL.JPG (129.81 KiB) Viewed 315 times
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Luke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:41 pm Poor Kitara.

JKL.JPG
Luke, did Kitara continue on with her plan of doing Cameo videos in drag? I only saw her intro then nothing.
:shrug:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews
FLASH: Former Congressman George Santos pleads guilty to two federal counts - Wire fraud and aggravated identify theft

Two year mandatory minimum. But judge has estimated possible sentencing range between 6-8 years… later this year

Santos spoke softly, acknowledging series of crimes
3:36 PM · Aug 19, 2024

Kitara is heading to the BIG DOLLHOUSE.

Return to “Current Politics”