Democrats Behaving Badly

Kendra

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:11 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:09 pm Wow. All that throwing the wife under the bus and it didn't help much. Will he have to resign his Senate seat?
He's probably going to make his wife resign
:rimshot:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Slim Cognito »

They finally got the bastard.
ImageImageImage x5
bob

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:09 pmWill he have to resign his Senate seat?
If he doesn't resign voluntarily, I have no doubt the Senate would expel him.

Even without Menendez, the Democratic Caucus has 50 members (plus the Vice President to break ties).
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Slim Cognito »

Is there enough time for the governor to appoint a senator or will they just let it ride?
ImageImageImage x5
bob

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:19 pm Is there enough time for the governor to appoint a senator or will they just let it ride?
It looks like the governor can fill a vacancy, and surely would.

Menendez's term ends in January 2025 (and I presume his bid to be re-elected as an independent will fail).
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by MN-Skeptic »

NBC News is reporting that Menendez will resign from the Senate.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
bob

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by bob »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:32 pm NBC News is reporting that Menendez will resign from the Senate.
Andy Kim (NJ-3) handily won the Democratic primary last month; I'd be surprised if the governor tapped anyone else to fill out the remainder of Menendez's term.

I don't know if the governor could fill NJ-3.
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

NJSA 19:3-26 Vacancies in United States senate; election to fill; temporary appointment by governor

If a vacancy shall happen in the representation of this State in the United States senate, it shall be filled at the general election next succeeding the happening thereof, unless such vacancy shall happen within 70 days next preceding such election, in which case it shall be filled by election at the second succeeding general election, unless the governor of this State shall deem it advisable to call a special election therefor, which he is authorized hereby to do.

The governor of this State may make a temporary appointment of a senator of the United States from this State whenever a vacancy shall occur by reason of any cause other than the expiration of the term; and such appointee shall serve as such senator until a special election or general election shall have been held pursuant to law and the Board of State Canvassers can deliver to his successor a certificate of election.

Amended 2011, c.37, s.37.
MN-Skeptic

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The governor has stated that he’ll fill the position. He has not, though, stated with whom.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:32 pm NBC News is reporting that Menendez will resign from the Senate.
Good riddance....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
gshevlin2

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by gshevlin2 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 pm Link to the indictment - https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -file-copy
This is a fuck-up by the Democratic Party. They must have known that Cuellar was running shady stuff down in South Texas, yet they supported him for the last 2 election cycles over Jessica Cisneros, an immigration lawyer, who came close to beating him in both 2020 and 2022. This time around, Cisneros is sitting out, and Cuellar won handily over different opposition.
Kendra

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/23/politics ... index.html

Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey will resign his seat effective August 20, according to multiple sources familiar with the plan.

In July, Menendez was convicted of 16 counts — including bribery, extortion, wire fraud, obstruction of justice and acting as a foreign agent — for his role in a yearslong bribery scheme.

Tuesday’s developments mark a major moment in the New Jersey senator’s dramatic political downfall and will bring an end to his scandal-plagued tenure in the Senate. Menendez had faced mounting pressure from within his own party to resign or face the threat of expulsion from the Senate.
pipistrelle

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:29 am Noone cares Tulsi
I could t find a thread on her.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wasn't aware she was still a Democrat. I thought that ship sailed errrrrr sank long ago.
ImageImageImage x5
pipistrelle

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:23 pm I wasn't aware she was still a Democrat. I thought that ship sailed errrrrr sank long ago.
She isn't. She didn't like what they've become. :lol:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:31 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:23 pm I wasn't aware she was still a Democrat. I thought that ship sailed errrrrr sank long ago.
You can get more attention bomb throwing and sucking a turnup than representing your constituents.
101010 :towel:
RVInit

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by RVInit »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:51 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:31 pm
You can get more attention bomb throwing and sucking a turnup than representing your constituents.
:yeahthat: From what I saw she never was a Democrat. She ran for office in a district that only a Democrat could win so she called herself a Democrat. She was unopposed, so she won, never had to even bother with any real campaigning, so nobody had a clue what her real agenda was all about. And then came to Washington DC and voted like a Republican nut job on every single bill that came down the pike. She lasted one term as I recall.

And Sinema is pretty much the same story, maybe not 100%, but close.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Dave from down under

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-29/ ... /104284872

Las Vegas politician Robert Telles sentenced to life for journalist's murder: What drove the crime?

A local politician in Las Vegas has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of the murder of an investigative journalist who wrote articles alleging misconduct in his office.

Robert Telles was found guilty on Wednesday, local time, of killing Las Vegas Review Journal reporter Jeff German in 2022 after three days of jury deliberation.

The case sent shock waves throughout the United States — but what happened?

A stabbing in broad daylight

Telles is a former Democratic politician who represented the Las Vegas area and previously worked as a lawyer.

In May and June of 2022, investigative reporter Mr German wrote a series of articles that described bullying at the Clark County administrative office, where Telles had held office since 2018, as well as an affair between the politician and an employee.

After the articles were published in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Telles lost his primary election for a second term in office.

On September 2, Mr German was stabbed in his backyard just after 11:15am, and died from multiple "sharp force injuries" in a case quickly ruled as a homicide.

Telles was arrested days later after a public appeal for evidence yielded video evidence linking him to the location of Mr German's home.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Fascinating case wherein Defendant Telles testified by narration rather than being asked questions by his lawyer - something about his lawyer following the American Bar Association and Nevada Bar Rules about an attorney’s obligation of candor to the tribunal.

Defendant Telles said this was a conspiracy framing him for a murder plotted and carried out by his political enemies which included half of Las Vegas- even though Telles’s DNA was under the murder victim’s fingernails.

If you want to see a Defendant self implode on the stand watch his direct testimony. The man is beyond weird. Body language experts will use him as a case study for years to come!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Being discussed on the What Are You Watching thread.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”