Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 60

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by Luke »

Exactly P0rtia.

Jack Posobiec is a notorious liar and posted this:

Jack Poso 🇺🇸 @JackPosobiec 18m
BREAKING: Pete Buttigieg on Kamala's shortlist for VP, along with Gretchen Whitmer, per WH official
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by raison de arizona »

Wellman's take is worth reading.
Fred Wellman @FPWellman wrote: I've seen a lot of people telling me that this story means they think Biden is weak so they want him in the election. No...you're missing the goal here. What they are doing is declaring how they will conduct a coordinated lawfare campaign to screw the Democratic nominee.

First it will be this lawsuit. In close order various Republican AG's will sue the DNC on behalf of their citizens "who voted in good faith in the Primary for Joe Biden." Then they will launch coordinated campaigns to split the Democratic coalition. "See how they are treating Kamala?" "Why didn't they think California's governor leading the 3rd largest economy in the world should be nominee." it will be relentless and targeted to get people to stay home. Millions of dark money will go to third party candidates. Suddenly RFK Jr. will miraculously have the resources to get on every ballot...on and on and on.

They don't care who is on the ballot. They want us to spend time, money, and anger on each other and on defense so Trump simply strolls into the White House with 45% of the vote.

The Biden campaign needs to stop nevel gazing and get back in the fight. We all need to stop eating each other alive and remember the real enemy to our democracy is the one's cheering this on in Florida.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The only people leaking are the Buttocks (ass cheeks) of the Pundits. There is absolutely no panic out there that I can see. It is totally made up. And anything that people say to tell them they are smoking Crack is interpreted badly as confirming it.

This is the Dean Scream all over again, and butter emails, and Obama's debate performance all over again. Total and utter crap. If it wasn't Bidens poll numbers would not be still rising.

Most of the Democrats are not this stupid. They really need to just be coming out and telling the reporters to their face that they are wrong. It wont shut them up becasue the pundits know they are lying, but it will get the words out there at least
Hic sunt dracones
Res Ipsa

Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by Res Ipsa »

It's telling that none of the "Biden should end his candidacy" folks are okay with him continuing to actually be president, which happens to be the job for which he's running as a candidate.

Why is that?

He will be unfit to be president, but not until next year?
raison de arizona

https://x.com/Victorshi2020/status/1808554713572417947
Victor Shi @Victorshi2020 wrote: President Biden: “I am running. I am the leader of the Democratic Party. No one is pushing me out. I’ve been knocked down before and counted out my whole life. When you get knocked down you get back up.” So proud to be part of this campaign.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:55 pm Where’s the poll asking if the other presumed nominee should drop out? He didn’t have one off night after travel. He’s shown signs of cognitive failure for quite some time.
For Republicans, mental incompetence is a feature, not a bug.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:42 pm https://x.com/Victorshi2020/status/1808554713572417947
Victor Shi @Victorshi2020 wrote: President Biden: “I am running. I am the leader of the Democratic Party. No one is pushing me out. I’ve been knocked down before and counted out my whole life. When you get knocked down you get back up.” So proud to be part of this campaign.
this 100000%
raison de arizona

Karine Jean-Pierre is currently saying the same thing in press conference. No discussion of dropping out. Period.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Res Ipsa wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:29 pm It's telling that none of the "Biden should end his candidacy" folks are okay with him continuing to actually be president, which happens to be the job for which he's running as a candidate.

Why is that?

They don't think he will be able to serve the full 2nd term. Which means they have issues with the VP.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

New Turtle wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:12 pm
Res Ipsa wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:29 pm It's telling that none of the "Biden should end his candidacy" folks are okay with him continuing to actually be president, which happens to be the job for which he's running as a candidate.

Why is that?

They don't think he will be able to serve the full 2nd term. Which means they have issues with the VP.
Nope. They just want Joe Biden out today.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:45 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:55 pm Where’s the poll asking if the other presumed nominee should drop out? He didn’t have one off night after travel. He’s shown signs of cognitive failure for quite some time.
For Republicans, mental incompetence is a feature, not a bug.
I did hear one reference to the same question about king fuckhead on some bod or other. Results (stay or drop out) were similar to Biden. Will try to remember to remind myself to make a note to try to find a reference.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I suspect that over the holiday weekend, this will be a major topic of discussion -- please post what your friends and family are saying. It appears things are getting worse, not better, but there's a lot of MAGA hijinx. I love President Biden, will support him, and admire the huge accomplishments of the last three years, but anything that helps bring the twice-impeached convicted felon back with no guardrails thanks to SCOTUS is a nightmare. And there's the House and Senate to consider too also.

The poll today that showed Michelle Obama with an 11-point lead (50/39) indicates it's not a we want trump sentiment, it's a concern about Biden's abilities over the next 4 years. I want President Biden to be the next Comeback Kid, but time is running out and things are hardening.
29 mins ago -
New York Times poll sounds fresh alarms as Biden vows to stay in race
Zachary Basu

Former President Trump is leading President Biden 49% to 43% among likely voters in the latest New York Times/Siena College poll — a three-point swing for Trump since the debate, and his largest lead in the survey since 2015.

Why it matters: Perhaps no single poll carries more weight among Democratic elites, who have spent the last week panicking over whether Biden should withdraw from the race after his disastrous debate performance. The highly anticipated, post-debate poll detonated in the same hour that Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris dialed into a campaign call to try to reassure staffers about the state of Biden's candidacy. "I am running. I am the leader of the Democratic Party. No one is pushing me out. I've been knocked down before and counted out my whole life. When you get knocked down you get back up," a defiant Biden said on the call.

Zoom in: The poll, conducted by telephone from June 28 to July 2, found Trump's lead is even bigger — 49% to 41% — among registered voters. 74% of voters overall believe Biden is too old to be an effective president, up five points since before the debate. That includes 79% of independent voters, 59% of Democrats, and a majority of every demographic, geographic and ideological group surveyed.

The intrigue: More voters overall believe Biden should remain the nominee — but that's driven in part by Republicans, who likely see Biden as a wounded opponent.
https://www.axios.com/2024/07/03/biden- ... ction-2024
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

More Clyburn. More than anyone, he opened the door to Biden's presidency. He doesn't jump to conclusions. He knows something or he wouldn't be publicly out there like this. As a key ally, does he know what Biden is planning? He'd never speak out like this. Yesterday he was set on Harris... now not so much? What a mess.

The "mini-convention" concerns Ohio ballot access since the deadline is before the convention. Is that the plan afoot? The staff denial rings very hollow; Clyburn knows exactly what he's saying. Stern may be seeing Josh Shapiro sooner than later!

Key ally says he would 'absolutely' support 'mini-primary' if Biden exits race
Daniel Hampton

If President Joe Biden ends his campaign — a notion that White House officials poured freezing water on Wednesday — at least one Democratic ally said he'd expect and support a "mini-primary." CNN asked Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) whether Vice President Kamala Harris would take the mantle of party nominee should Biden change his mind and step aside.

In response, Clyburn said it would likely come down to several candidates, including Harris and select Democratic governors to compete for the ticket before the Democratic National Convention. "Well, I think we’re going to have a mini-primary leading into the convention,” he said, referring to a virtual roll call needed to appear on the Ohio ballot. Clyburn added: “You can actually fashion the process that’s already in place to make it a mini-primary, and I would support that absolutely. We can’t close that down, and we should open up everything for the general election.” Harris, he said, would likely acquit herself very well.

Clyburn joined other Democrats and many in the GOP who openly said they'd like to hear from Biden following the debacle that was last week's debate. Brianna Frias, a spokesperson for Clyburn later clarified to Politico in a statement that he was answering a what-if scenario. “It is quite obvious that Congressman Clyburn was responding to a hypothetical question,” said Frias. “He was not calling for a ‘mini primary.’ Instead, he was explaining the existing process." Clyburn, Frias said, "fully supports President Biden at the top of the ticket and it would be irresponsible to report anything otherwise.”

Karine Jean-Pierre, the current White House Press secretary, emphatically swatted reports Wednesday afternoon that Biden was considering dropping out of the race. "Absolutely not," she told reporters, repeatedly emphasizing his record during his tenure, including the economy and job creation. "By the way, he looks great," she added separately. Biden and the White House have faced intense questions following his self-described sleepy performance at last week's debate in Atlanta, in which a cold left him sounding raspy.

The White House has doubled down and maintains he'll stay in the race. His chief of staff acknowledged to Biden's circle Wednesday that while he "didn't have a great night," it was just one night — "and what we all know is he is a great president." This all comes after a soft-spoken Biden told donors Tuesday a tough travel schedule was partly to blame for his performance. "I decided to travel around the world a couple of times ... shortly before the debate ... I didn't listen to my staff ... and then I almost fell asleep on stage," he said.
https://www.rawstory.com/jim-clyburn-2668681286/

CMON! "...then I almost fell asleep on stage," he said" is NOT HELPFUL.

When Occupy Democrats are going Twitter Spaces called "Occupy Democrats @OccupyDemocrats"
President Biden May Face Increased Pressure To Step Aside", note to Team Biden: What you're doing isn't working.

https://x.com/i/broadcasts/1yNGaZbzZAjJj
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybe all the Democrats (except Crockett) should shut their yaps.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

A "mini-Primary." Fuck sake. This is getting more and more ludicrous.

And, again, I am seeing exactly nothing being discussed in the wider social media world about this. Its a totally manufactured controversy.

Simon Rosenberg:
As I’ve been writing Bidenworld needs time and space to process what has happened over the past week and come up with a new plan. The NATO Summit is next week in Washington and the President is rightly focused on ensuring this vital meeting goes well in a period of enormous challenge. The party committees and campaigns will be doing private polling and focus groups to give us a deeper understanding of where are now. Party leaders will be talking and assessing. My assumption is that we will know much more about the next phase of our campaign by the end of next week or early the week after.

Yes there has been some not so good polling in recent days but there has also been good polling. Yesterday we got these three new polls (all polls can be found on 538):

Ipsos/Reuters 40%-40% - Biden gains 2

TIPP 43%-41% - Biden gains 2

Bullfinch PA Biden 45%-44% - 1st Biden lead in PA in some time

The polling is not all moving in the same direction right now, and we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions based on a single poll. In addition to the polls above, a new CNN poll showed no movement in the race, as did a new Morning Consult poll and the Biden campaign’s own internal polling. As we’ve discussed here there is a lot of evidence that the debate did meaningful damage to Trump, so it’s my bet that if the race has moved, it will be a slight movement against Biden, not a big one as voters are not as inured to Trump’s ugliness and danger as the DC commentariat.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Luke wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:49 pm CMON! "...then I almost fell asleep on stage," he said" is NOT HELPFUL.
What's wrong with him saying that?

It sounds like a bit of classic Biden humour and Storytelling. The Audience probably laughed.

It's showing he is not worried, able to take his down days and keep on ticking. And even use them in a speech. So yes, it probably is helpful. I would be a lot more worried if he wasn't referencing it at all.

Remember how he just laughed at the whole Brandon thing and then turned it around into a positive?
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Honestly, I took it the same way. Yolk's on me. But MAGA and perhaps independents may not have a sense of humor.
raison de arizona

Recently doorknobs took Natalie Portman's SNL rap skit and accused her of all sorts of things. Idiots. But yeah, no sense of humor fo shure.
bob

Post by bob »

While the chattering class has been very publicly navel gazing, the Republicans' presumptive nominee has been uncharacteristically (but widely) shutting up while his opponents are making unforced errors.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

https://x.com/whstancil/status/1808565534709199111
Will Stancil @whstancil wrote: Let’s explain this in very simple terms:

-the media right now is publishing many stories about how Biden should drop out

-those stories are pushing his polls down among swing voters, endangering his campaign

-why shouldn’t/couldn’t they publish the same stories about Trump

The main difference here is not that Biden and Trump have different swing voters - that doesn’t make sense.

The difference is that when Biden does something bad, media says “he should drop out” over and over, but when Trump does, media says “his voters won’t care” and moves on.

The response of the media/political class becomes self-fulfilling. There is no mounting pressure against Trump after horrifying statements and crimes, because everyone agrees it won’t matter. But Biden botches a debate and the narrative mounts for weeks. This is the difference!

This is the PRIMARY dynamic that has insulated Trump for nearly a decade: the persistent belief among our elites that he is untouchable, and thus it is naive to try to impose any consequences or make any demands of him. But again, he needs the same voters Biden does!
Imagine the coverage were it Biden and not tfg all over Epstein's call logs.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Biden may be slower now than four years ago, but, unlike Trump, he is not STUPID! Dang, Trump says the very stupidest things imaginable! This is Trump from a couple of days ago -

Acyn
@Acyn

Trump: All they know is electric. They want electric planes. What happens if the sun isn't shining while you're up in the air?
Later in the clip Trump is stating that "they want electric boats. The problem... the boats don't float because the battery is so heavy it sinks the boat."

Trump is dumber than dirt.
raison de arizona

I get that the press doesn't report on tfg's gaffes because his supporters don't care. But _I_ care. And _I_ care that they make Biden look like a buffoon, while tfg is way more of a buffoon. Let's get some reporting on tfg's gaffes, so the populace will see that tfg has just as bad of senior moments, arguably worse.
https://x.com/CheriJacobus/status/1808625972025119086
Cheri Jacobus @CheriJacobus wrote: Trump thought @ejeancarroll was his ex-wife and the press yawned.
Trump fell asleep in his own criminal trial and the press yawned.
Trump thought he was running against Obama and the press yawned.
Trump thought Nikki Haley was Speaker of the House on J6 and the press yawned.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/jimsciutto/status/1808650271066894512
Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto wrote: Clear show of support from Dem governors outside WH:

“The president has always had our backs, we’re going to have his back as well,” MD Gov @iamwesmoore just now.

“President Biden is in it to win it. We pledge our support to him,” NY @GovKathyHochul
https://x.com/donwinslow/status/1808639481760919988
Don Winslow @donwinslow wrote: I've never seen anything as self destructive as how some Democrats are attacking Joe Biden. You are literally doing Donald Trump's work. Tell yourself whatever you want but attacking Biden or calling for him to not run 125 days from the election is stupid, stupid, stupid.

Return to “US President”