trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Resume18

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:36 pm https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 1134945571
Happy Memorial Day to All, including the Human Scum that is working so hard to destroy our Once Great Country, & to the Radical Left, Trump Hating Federal Judge in New York that presided over, get this, TWO separate trials, that awarded a woman, who I never met before (a quick handshake at a celebrity event, 25 years ago, doesn’t count!), 91 MILLION DOLLARS for “DEFAMATION.” She didn’t know when the so-called event took place - sometime in the 1990’s - never filed a police report, didn’t have to produce the “dress” that she threatened me with (it showed negative!), & sung my praises in the first half of her CNN Interview with Alison Cooper, but changed her tune in the second half - Gee, I wonder why (UNDER APPEAL!)? The Rape charge was dropped by a jury! Or Arthur Engoron, the N.Y. State Wacko Judge who fined me almost 500 Million Dollars (UNDER APPEAL) for DOING NOTHING WRONG, used a Statute that has never been used before, gave me NO JURY, Mar-a-Lago at $18,000,000 - Now for Merchan!
Nah, he's not a malignant narcissist.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I sent that to my electeds, asking if they share the same sentiment with their favorite president and candidate. I'm sure Tuberville and Katie "Kitchen" Britt just love him all the more.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

it really bugs him that folks do not take his word for MaL at a billion $$$

("“From 2011-2021, the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6 million,”"
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/03/busi ... index.html)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg clearly falling back on his military training.
Biden’s Wins @BidensWins wrote: BREAKING: A clearly confused Donald Trump, after waving at a crowd that didn’t exist, is now saluting for Amazing Grace. It’s beyond clear Donald Trump isn’t mentally well. Retweet so all Americans see this.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Clearly something shady going on there at the upper levels of an aspiring impotus :twisted:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Who's the moron with his hand on his chest?

I sing a lot of hymn in church, including Amazing Grace, and we never do that. We're Methodists, so we never even put our hands above our shoulders.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Rolodex wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:21 pm Who's the moron with his hand on his chest?

I sing a lot of hymn in church, including Amazing Grace, and we never do that. We're Methodists, so we never even put our hands above our shoulders.
Episcopalians will put their hands above their shoulders to make the sign of the cross and when singing this hymn.

101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Disclaimer: Not responsible for what UMs do in a contemporary service. We have one but I've rarely been. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Sunday worship (aka Episcopal Lite). And I guess a clarification on hand height: of course putting the elements in your mouth would put your hands above your shoulders. But only quickly. And only at the chancel rail where no one can see you. :biggrin:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

As a Lutheran, I’ve bowed my head at times in church. My dear Catholic-raised husband would sometimes make the sign of the cross at the end of a prayer. But I don’t remember ever having seen a Christian put their hand over their heart when a Christian hymn was played.

But then, too, I’ve never heard of Two Corinthians before Trump either.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

And more specifically, I have sung Amazing Grace in all kinds of settings outside of church and never had my hand on my heart. I don't even do that when I sing the National Anthem.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Sometimes my hands get higher than my shoulders.
Screenshot_20230204_112414.jpg
Screenshot_20230204_112414.jpg (51.36 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
It's a hopeless case, but the business of civilians saluting in formal settings is complete baloney, nonsense on stilts. And the tradition of the President saluting is particularly wrong-headed in light of the law and tradition of civilian control of the military, plus the whole "no kings" business.

It's Reagan's fault, I think, may his memory be a curse and a stumbling block.

And of course pudgy Trump, wearing a sloppy outfit (paging Derek Guy @dieworkwear) karate chopping his forehead in his military capacity as former president ... :sick:

I won't even start on why he thought it appropriate to salute Amazing Grace, but I guess in the dim recesses of his brain he decided that if ordinary people have their hands on their heart, he's entitled to salute.

As to the guy with his hand on his heart, I guess it's a gesture that's appropriate in a wide variety of situations. I don't think it would feel right to me to do it as a response to a hymn, but I don't find it in any way offensive.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Chancery, I don't think the hand on heart is offensive in this scenario; I just think it's weird and if I was there in person, I'd probably be snickering inappropriately while nudging the person next to me. One of those situations where the more you're not supposed to laugh the harder is is to NOT laugh.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Civilians put their hand over their heart when looking at the U.S. flag; military folks salute it. If you're not a church-going Christian, you may default to the patriotic manner of showing respect. Yes, it is respectful. It's just not something you would see inside a church. We know Trump doesn't attend church. I think many of the uber-Christian Trump followers also skip church, except maybe on Easter and Christmas. Yeah, who was the Republican gal who tried making the sign of the cross in Congress and totally blew it? Again, a Christian in name only.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
Yeah Rolodex, I grok your point, but having stood with my hand on my heart four* times yesterday while a high school bugler played taps at a small town's Memorial Day observance, I'm feeling tolerant about the use of the hand on the heart (is there a short term for this?) as an all-purpose gesture for expressing strong spiritual emotion, particularly useful for those like me who were not brought up in a tradition of spontaneous call and response and spirit dancing. And a westernized version of the salaam gesture.

Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:59 pm Civilians put their hand over their heart when looking at the U.S. flag; military folks salute it. If you're not a church-going Christian, you may default to the patriotic manner of showing respect. Yes, it is respectful. It's just not something you would see inside a church. We know Trump doesn't attend church. I think many of the uber-Christian Trump followers also skip church, except maybe on Easter and Christmas. Yeah, who was the Republican gal who tried making the sign of the cross in Congress and totally blew it? Again, a Christian in name only.
Lauren Q-Bert...I mean Boebert...

She ended up doing the sign of the isosceles instead...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

chancery wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:11 pm
Off Topic
Yeah Rolodex, I grok your point, but having stood with my hand on my heart four* times yesterday while a high school bugler played taps at a small town's Memorial Day observance, I'm feeling tolerant about the use of the hand on the heart (is there a short term for this?) as an all-purpose gesture for expressing strong spiritual emotion, particularly useful for those like me who were not brought up in a tradition of spontaneous call and response and spirit dancing. And a westernized version of the salaam gesture.

Taps and a hymn are different, in my mind. But even when I've been graveside during taps, I just stand with my hands clasped in front of me or behind me. I do get the salaam reference which makes sense. It's just not something that feels natural to me. Same with waving arms around in the air in a church service! Just doing my duty as a member of the Frozen Chosen™ LOL
northland10

Post by northland10 »

In my scouting days, it was a simple rule:

1. Flag raising lowering
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. National Anthem
4. Taps at a funeral (or at a flag retirement ceremony)
5. Other appropriate times (which usually don't include hymns).

In uniform (including "class b" when at morning flags), salute (three fingers Scout salute), not in uniform, hand on heart.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

In my scouting days, it was a simple rule:

1. Flag raising lowering
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. National Anthem

In uniform (including "class b" when at morning flags), salute (three fingers Scout salute), not in uniform, hand on heart.

A current president may return a salute from a member of the military, such as the Marines at their post, but I don't believe the salute for any other reason, even if they are veterans.

During a flags
Getting of Marine One
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Saluting with a dog in your arms is a little challenging.
Granted, presidents are not always best at this, in part because they are quickly returning a salute from a soldier, but (Frater can correct me).

It is index finger to the outer edge of your eyebrow.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
northland10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:47 pm A current president may return a salute from a member of the military, such as the Marines at their post, :snippity:
:fingerwag: Although before Reagan presidents would occasionally return a salute, the routine, daily return of the salute was a stunt begun by Reagan.
A Senseless Salute
By John Lukacs
New York Times April 14, 2003

Soon after Ronald Reagan assumed his presidency, something new appeared with his image on the television screen. When given a salute by uniformed military personnel, Mr. Reagan would return it, shooting his right hand up to his bare head, his smile suggesting that this was something he liked to do. This unnecessary and unseemly habit was adopted by Mr. Reagan's successors, including Bill Clinton and especially George W. Bush, who steps off his plane and cocks a jaunty salute.

This gesture is of course quite wrong: such a salute has always required the wearing of a uniform. But there is more to this than a decline in military manners. There is something puerile in the Reagan (and now Bush) salute. It is the joyful gesture of someone who likes playing soldier. It also represents an exaggeration of the president's military role.
Gift link: https://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/14/opin ... =url-share
But about 20 years ago the militarization of the image of the presidency began. It started with Mr. Reagan, who had no record of military service and who spent World War II in Hollywood (something that he tried on occasion to obscure). There were his fervent, sentimental and sometimes tearful expressions when meeting or speaking to American soldiers, sailors and airmen. There was, too, his easy and self-satisfying willingness to employ the armed forces of the United States in rapid and spectacular military operations against minuscule targets and ''enemies'' like Grenada, Nicaragua and Libya. President Bush, too, enjoys immersing himself in the warm bath of jubilant approbation at large gatherings of soldiers.

Like the boy soldier salute, the sentimentalization of the military is juvenile. Television depictions of modern technological warfare, for example, make it seem as if a military campaign were but a superb game, an occasional Super Bowl that America is bound to win -- and with almost no human losses. (''We'll keep our fighting men and women out of harm's way'' -- a senseless phrase that emerged during the Clinton years.) The exaggerated vesting of the president with his supreme role as commander in chief is a new element in our national history.

When the Roman republic gave way to empire, the new supreme ruler, Augustus chose to name himself not ''rex,'' king, but ''imperator,'' from which our words emperor and empire derive, even though its original meaning was more like commander in chief. Thereafter Roman emperors came to depend increasingly on their military. Will our future presidents? Let us doubt it. And yet . . .
It's a recent and bad innovation, an early sign of the drift towards an authoritarian government. I'm agin it. :nope:
northland10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:45 pm In my scouting days, it was a simple rule:

1. Flag raising lowering
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. National Anthem
These are rules for a uniformed organization formed (in part) for military training.

There's a separate and ancient tradition of placing a hand on one's heart as an indication of sincerity or some other strong sentiment. I can't recall ever doing so during a service as a member of an Episcopal congregation, but it strikes me that it might be a tolerable thing.
Rolodex wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:43 pm Just doing my duty as a member of the Frozen Chosen™ LOL
An apt and and nifty phrase. Kudos to Rolodex.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:49 pm :snippity:
It is index finger to the outer edge of your eyebrow.
Yes, that is correct, and Bush should know it properly as he was in the military...even with a dog in his other arm...

But fun fact: Back in my day vehicles on base had DoD stickers with which the color of the expiration sticker told you if it was and officer, enlisted, NCO, ect. Officer's were blue, my buddy, Mitch and I, when we'd see a blue sticker we'd salute with our left hand to see if that Officer would pull over and read us the riot...

None ever did :)
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:21 pm Who's the moron with his hand on his chest?
Richard Childress, owner of the Richard Childress Racing (RCR) team. It was at a NASCAR event. Turnip was trying to pose with an actual celebrity again. Well, a celebrity compared with Turnip, at least.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Despite Eric telling these guys to "Back Off," they heckle Turnip on the Golf course. As a result he hits a sand bunker in one, everyone applauds, and he stomps off degectedly.

Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”