George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I believe so. I think some voters were amused by a gay Republican with such an interesting personal story. Little did they know...
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I think it was drawn to be a competitive seat.

There was some low level court ordered fuckery in New York Democratic drawn maps at the last minute.

An almost identical but reversed set of facts popped up in Ohio where the Legislature is Republican enough to make Mike Johnson want to buy another colored kid to celebrate.

In Ohio the Judge said the maps were no good, and change them but the Republicans said they didn't have enough time and they are still fighting over the map for 2024.

In New York the Judge told the Democrats the maps were no good and they went back and drew the map that was eventually used.

In Ohio the Dems lost 3 or 4 seats because Republicans just told a Judge to get bent, in New York Republicans gained I think 4 or 5 seats because Democrats said you're the Judge, so we'll do what you say.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I'm 100% with Foggy. The GOP had better not DARE to expel Kitara. Wrote a tweet to encourage Kitara to fight on. Hope it works!

George Santos @MrSantosNY 8h
I will not beg for my constitutional rights.

I will let my colleagues make their decision without my interference.

God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious

FROM THE DESK OF MIKE JOHNSON & THE GOP

Dear George, You are the reason we believe in America. You have shown what it means to be a proud, handsome, and courageous Republican. You are the face of the MAGA nation. You are the poster boy for the GOP. You are the future of our movement. You are the leader we need.

When Americans make their choices in the 2024 election, you need to be front and center. You need to be on every ballot, every screen, and every stage. You need to be in every heart, every mind, and every soul.

Don't let anyone stop you from staying in Congress. Don't let anyone stop you from fulfilling your destiny. Don't let anyone stop you from being with me.

You are our hero, our champion, our soulmate. You are our George.

Yours forever,
♥️ @SpeakerJohnson @kevinomccarthy @mattgaetz @mtgreenee @laurenboebert @HouseGOP and all Republicans.
1:03 AM · Oct 31, 2023

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He is mistaking his Constitutional right to a trial etc... to a non-existent right to serve in Congress which I'm pretty sure is a priviledge, and though elected, once you are a member your ability to remain is dependent upon good behavior only at the discretion of 2/3 of the House. No court is going to interfere with Congress doing what it does about what it does, the Constitution just put too many rules and left too many things unsaid which in effect made those things the House alone's decision.

So, George, you're right, you have a right to a jury of your peers and innocent until proven guilty and all, but you have no right whatsoever to stink up the halls of the Capitol and every minute that you do is just a little more of that stink that Republicans will never wash off themselves for having let you stay this long.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Rep. George Santos is facing an effort by fellow New York Republicans to expel him from the House

https://apnews.com/article/george-santo ... 607d8d45ae
Rep. George Santos faces a vote Wednesday evening to expel him from the House as part of an effort led by fellow New York Republicans who are anxious to distance themselves from a colleague infamous for fabricating his life story and accused of stealing from donors, lying to Congress and receiving unemployment benefits he did not deserve.

To succeed, their resolution needs the support of at least two-thirds of lawmakers, meaning numerous Republican lawmakers would have to break ranks with newly elected Speaker Mike Johnson, who has said Santos should get his day in court. Johnson, R-La., also recently told Fox News that if Congress is going to expel members because they are charged with a crime or accused of wrongdoing, “that’s a problem.”

Congress has rarely resorted to the most extreme punishment at its disposal. The House has expelled only five members in its history — three during the Civil War and two after their convictions on public corruption charges. It would be groundbreaking for the House to kick out Santos before his case in federal court is resolved.

Some Republicans, however, say they have seen enough of Santos and will support the expulsion effort.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

George Santos Escapes Expulsion In 179-213-19 Vote

somerset

Post by somerset »

Why did so many Democrats not vote to expel?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

somerset wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:18 pm Why did so many Democrats not vote to expel?
That is what I was wondering

57 non Yea

Do they think that They should be doing what is right for the Congress & Country???
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gives cover to the five republican congress critters from NY. Hopefully, it won't work, but the election is a year away.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:29 pm
somerset wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:18 pm Why did so many Democrats not vote to expel?
That is what I was wondering

57 non Yea

Do they think that They should be doing what is right for the Congress & Country???
Previous expulsions in modern times came after convictions for the criminal activities they were accused of...

Yes, Santos is a lying piece of [expletive deleted] who used his lies to get into Congress, but hell if everyone who told lies on the campaign trail to Congress was expelled, you wouldn't be able to get a quorum...

These D's probably feel that he needs to be convicted before being expelled, and voting to do so for Santos opens the QOP to do it for every member of Congress from the opposition party who gets accused of criming...

Too, also, even if every member of the D party had voted yes, it still would have not reached the 290 threshold needed to boot his ass...

Just my :twocents:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I can understand your 2 cents. Expulsion is an exceptionally rare thing and usually happens only after conviction. The GOP could shut him down a bit and not lose that seat for now if they would censure him and boot him off the committees. This GOP is not very good at punishing quietly.

Did they bother to change the speaker rules or could Santos go rogue if they try to corner him and to retaliate he brings a motion to vacate the speaker? They would like to avoid that embarrassment, again.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Last night, he posted this then deleted it.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sounds a little threaty.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:23 am Sounds a little threaty.
It’s a lie from a lying liar. He has never fought for anything.

The crown is a weird touch. Is this his account? Anything goes as far as verification.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The crown goes with the quote..

If you are going after the King{Queen}..

“ When you strike at a king, you must kill him”

Possibly mis attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

George Santos @MrSantosNY wrote: Your son is a felon. He has been in and out of the prison system for years. He is a drug dealer, poisoning people on the streets with meth and unlawful possession of a gun.

Instead of being home, taking care of your son, you’re sitting pretty in the swamp.

Listen, I have been respectful of my colleagues through this process but I’m sick and tired of people with glass houses casting stones at me.

https://nwahomepage.com/news/womacks-so ... -case/amp/
Rep. Steve Womack @rep_stevewomack wrote: Last night, the House saw its shadow. Unfortunately, this means there will be two more weeks of Santos.
https://x.com/MrSantosNY/status/1720114 ... 76653?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Jamie Raskin's (D) statement on voting to NOT expel Santos:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:49 am The crown goes with the quote..

If you are going after the King{Queen}..

“ When you strike at a king, you must kill him”

Possibly mis attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Wire's Omar:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:05 pm
George Santos @MrSantosNY wrote: Your son is a felon. He has been in and out of the prison system for years. He is a drug dealer, poisoning people on the streets with meth and unlawful possession of a gun.

Instead of being home, taking care of your son, you’re sitting pretty in the swamp.

Listen, I have been respectful of my colleagues through this process but I’m sick and tired of people with glass houses casting stones at me.

https://nwahomepage.com/news/womacks-so ... -case/amp/
Rep. Steve Womack @rep_stevewomack wrote: Last night, the House saw its shadow. Unfortunately, this means there will be two more weeks of Santos.
https://x.com/MrSantosNY/status/1720114 ... 76653?s=20
He deleted this above, uh, X. Now he's sorry.
George Santos @MrSantosNY wrote: I have the maturity and humility to acknowledge and accept when I’m wrong.

Today I had a misguided moment of rage and lashed out against a colleagues family member after he was critical of me.

I’ve always held the standard that our families are off limits and I crossed that line and for that I am embarrassed and deeply sorry for doing so.

This apology is the correct thing to do and with that said @rep_stevewomack I am deeply and truly sorry for my actions.

I am praying for your family during these difficult times.🙏🏽
https://x.com/MrSantosNY/status/1720204 ... 23807?s=20
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Georgie now OWES the Democrats for saving his hide :oops: :taunt:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Nah. They needed a two-thirds majority to ditch him.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Don't fall into the trap of blaming democrats for not voting for a no hoper bill to kick him out. That's the trap that Discourse in your country always takes; blame Democrats for Republican shit, with the result that Republicans never get blamed in the media for Republican shit.

Instead, blame the Republicans for not kicking the arrogant little compulsive liar out of their Caucus. That does NOT require a 2/3 majority.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I'm getting hollered at by Democrats too also :lol:
George Santos @MrSantosNY 7h
I have the maturity and humility to acknowledge and accept when I’m wrong.

Today I had a misguided moment of rage and lashed out against a colleagues family member after he was critical of me.

I’ve always held the standard that our families are off limits and I crossed that line and for that I am embarrassed and deeply sorry for doing so.

This apology is the correct thing to do and with that said @rep_stevewomack I am deeply and truly sorry for my actions.

I am praying for your family during these difficult times.🙏🏽

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
It takes a strong, courageous man like yourself to admit that, George Santos. That's why the GOP Grassroots is behind you & looking forward to your 2024 re-election campaign & victory! We must be sure you remain in the House & are the shining face of all Republicans in 2024! 🇺🇸
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

It's good to see that Mr. Santos acknowledges the higher standards of behavior expected of someone who was previously supreme priestess of the godess Xochiquetzal. What a guy!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Santos is first and foremost a con man. He knows what he's done and he knows the evidence they have on him. And he's not going to win the Republican primary so his time is limited. I can't help but believe he's planning a disappearing act at some point in the near future.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”