TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Uninformed

Re: TRUTH Social & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Uninformed »

I wonder if TMTG’s “software engineers” will have been lax enough to have “reverse engineered” any of Twitter’s code and if Twitter will be having a look-see?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: TRUTH Social & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by raison de arizona »

DOJ signals scrutiny of popular fundraising gimmick

A little-noticed line in a recent criminal filing suggests federal prosecutors consider a popular political fundraising tactic to be legally questionable.

Why it matters: Fundraisers often boast of "5x" or other contribution matches to coax small-dollar donations. The Justice Department indicated in a court filing Monday this could amount to "material misrepresentations" if, as critics often contend, there's no evidence the match ever occurs.
:snippity:
What's happening: DOJ's comment was just a brief aside in a Statement of Offense. It accompanied a guilty plea Monday by the operator of a number of groups that raked in small-dollar donations last year with fraudulent fundraising appeals.
  • One of the groups, Keep America Great Committee, sent fundraising emails that "contained material misrepresentations including promising '5x' matching of any donation to KAGC," DOJ wrote.
  • In a news release on the guilty plea, DOJ emphasized the fraudulent matching offers. "The solicitations promised that individual donations would be “5x matched' by (defendant James) Bell’s PACs... However, none of the individual donations was ever '5x matched' by Bell or anyone else."
https://www.axios.com/doj-fundraising-g ... bff0f.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

► Show Spoiler
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

I can't get on. I can get past the email verification, but their sms verification isn't working. I'm seeing on Twitter people getting stuck on the email verification as well. So, stellar start! :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

ETA: Thanks to Dr Ken, fixed the domain error but it's still throwing a 405 after entering the data. Too also, after signing up on the NRSC site, no invite as promised, just tons of crappy text messages. Here's today's:
New text message from 55404
9:36 AM (2 hours ago)

Google Voice
Stop ignoring Trump! Become a Trump Majority Member NOW! Last chance, click HERE >> [Link Redacted] Stop2End
Still Bella Ciao! :P

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:37 am Hard to take over when the site won't even load :lol:

11:35am ET

truthsocial.JPG

Bella Ciao! :P

I think you put in trushsocial.com. It's working on my end for now.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thank you thank you! de minimis (no coffee yet) :lol:

But after that and filling in the form, it throws...

405.JPG
405.JPG (13.93 KiB) Viewed 1807 times

Not the only one getting the error. Trumpers are using *Twitter* to try to get help.

Smooth sailing!

And yes Kara is right (damn, just realized I've known her almost 30 years) but it's still a disorganized mess.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Foggy »

This is really exciting, except for the metaphysically cromulent potential for a collapse of the entire space-time continuum.

By the very nature of quantum physics politics, if anyone from Fogbow joins TRUTH SOCIAL using their common username and email address, there could be a faster-than-light tunnel opened to an alternate universe where anything could happen. Monsters could come pouring through, and they'd do all kinds of weird shit like anti-vax protests and voting for Republicans.

We can't allow that to happen. :nooo:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Foggy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:49 pm This is really exciting, except for the metaphysically cromulent potential for a collapse of the entire space-time continuum.

By the very nature of quantum physics politics, if anyone from Fogbow joins TRUTH SOCIAL using their common username and email address, there could be a faster-than-light tunnel opened to an alternate universe where anything could happen. Monsters could come pouring through, and they'd do all kinds of weird shit like anti-vax protests and voting for Republicans.

Oops?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:29 am I can't get on. I can get past the email verification, but their sms verification isn't working. I'm seeing on Twitter people getting stuck on the email verification as well. So, stellar start! :thumbsup:
Um… perhaps that’s because Twitter has been around for 15 years and anyone who wants to has already downloaded the app? Just maybe.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Foggy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:49 pm This is really exciting, except for the metaphysically cromulent potential for a collapse of the entire space-time continuum.

Not to worry -- using the Reversatron 2022 (tm), the flow is reversed and all the weird shit and republicans are sucked in the Void. I mean, it worked in Dr. Who to get rid of the Cybermen and the Dalek.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao: "The truth is out there, but there’s a very long waiting list to get to it"
Fake news alert! Donald Trump’s new social media app is a triumph
Arwa Mahdawi
Tue 22 Feb 2022 15.10 GMT

Truth hurts, everyone knows that. Nevertheless, I wasn’t expecting my experience with Truth Social, Donald Trump’s new social media venture, to be quite so painful. After months of fanfare, the former president’s new app, which is essentially a Twitter clone, was opened to the US public on Sunday night. Obviously, I signed up straight away – or at least I tried to.

I spent 20 frustrating minutes attempting to create a new account and getting error message after error message. Eventually, I managed to sign up with the username @stormyd, only to be told that I had been put on a waiting list “due to massive demand”. I was number 194,276 in line, apparently. Which, I’m sure, is a very precise number and not something they just pulled out of the air.

It is unclear how many people were actually successful at getting on Truth Social – although the Guardian has reported that at least one Catholic priest managed to join. The fact that you, apparently, needed God on your side to secure an account wasn’t the only issue with the launch: the app has also run into potential legal trouble. It turns out Truth Social may not have just taken inspiration from Twitter, the app’s logo looks suspiciously like that of a British solar power startup called Trailar. “Great to see Donald Trump supporting a growing sustainability business!” Trailar tweeted on Monday. “Maybe ask next time?”

If Trump’s new app failed to successfully launch on time, it would hardly be the surprise of the century. The last time he made a lot of noise about launching a new media platform, it turned out to be an underwhelming blog, which shuttered after just a few weeks. It’s not as if Trump put a technological genius in charge of Truth Social: Devin Nunes, head honcho at the app’s parent company, Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), may be most famous for the fact that he once unsuccessfully sued a cow.

Truth Social’s marketing material talks about welcoming diverse opinions but the app’s terms and conditions are rather more restrictive. Under “prohibited activities”, the rules state that users of the site agree not to “disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site”.

mucho moar at https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... uth-social
raison de arizona

I’m #311,234. I never got past the sms, but when I stopped using a special character in my password, it stopped asking me for it. Coincidence? I dunno. Not getting anywhere though.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hey for our hacker members... :lol: no way I'm using my iPhone for this grifting hacking site. Or anything run by Devin Nunes. Though I'd trust the Cow for sure. :P Apparently the app gets your contacts and lots of iPhone data. Looked around if there's a Win 10 emulator for iPhone apps like TruthSocial. Does anybody know how (or if it's possible) to emulate it on a Win 10 laptop? Tablets are Amazon and TMobile Android and heard they don't have that yet apparently. Kept getting the 405 error on the laptop and tablets and looked, folks said that only iPhone was working at this point. Although I guess things change fast.

ETA: Look at this shameful Republican GRIFT in overdrive. Four of these NRSC spam texts again today so far (and only 4pm ET). Shameful how Rick Scott and the National Republican Senate Committee are taking advantage and threatening senior citizens and weak-minded Trumpers. :evil:
9:52 AM WE'RE BEGGING, Orly. Do you NOT want to SAVE Trump's legacy? Correct the record, join the TRUMP MAJORITY MEMBERS: [Redacted]
11:19 AM TRUTH IS HERE: HUGE news, Orly! Trump's social media platform is the #1 social app! Will YOU get it? Tell NRSC HERE: [Redacted]
1:39 PM It's Pres. Trump. Big Tech is doing all they can to CENSOR me; I need YOUR support to fight back. Stand with me HERE: [Redacted]
3:43 PM WHY didn't you activate your Gold Status, Orly! You're so close! Join it NOW >> [Redacted]

raison de arizona

Stew Peters is already getting censored on Truth and I can't even get on yet to see the butthurt live! :cry:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

It's times like these that I'm glad I'm not an iphone user.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke

Post by Luke »

They banned an account called @DevinNunesCow. So much for free speech.

Damn it! Look at what happened at McDonald's. :( :mad: This literally made me sick. Unbelivable. Fuck Stew Peters* and the "party of law and order". This is what the GOP has formented.

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
Shaking with anger. At McDonald's, "A shooter fired at officers. Police say it was a 4-year-old acting on his dad's instructions". Campaigns against police MUST STOP. Disgusting animal #StewPeters joked about this. Shut down #RedVoiceMedia. $MCD @McD_Truth https://greenwichtime.com/news/article/ ... 937668.php

Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera said that he’d never seen anything like this in his nearly three decades in law enforcement.

“This campaign against police officers, this needs to stop. We’re here to protect and serve, and this is getting out of hand. This is a child who thought it was okay to pull a firearm and shoot that firearm at police. I’ve never seen anything like this in my 28 years.”

Sheriff Rivera also called the officer who redirected the weapon a “hero,” for both protecting his fellow officers and alerting his peers that the shooter was a child. “He’s a hero in my mind. He saved a life today.”

* Y'all know I rarely, rarely swear. He deserves it. Can anybody find who Red Voice Media's hosting company is? Wouldn't hesitate to take the time to start a campaign to have that seditionist disinformation site shut tf down. https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2022/02/f ... oot-video/
Luke

Post by Luke »

Well, it's taken 12+ years but Miki Booth was finally pegged: NO TRUTH. :lol:

Miki No Truth.JPG
Miki No Truth.JPG (45.37 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

What does she share with the world? "The Birther Princess" :smoking:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess someone needs to sign up and post Sheriff Kits as The Truth :lol:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:12 pm Stew Peters is already getting censored on Truth and I can't even get on yet to see the butthurt live! :cry:
America First White Christian Alpha Male?

I would really love to watch Jesus kick this idiot's alpha balls. I suspect even Jesus would have trouble with the whole love and turn the other cheek thing when it comes to somebody like this.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

NPR noticed that Truth Social's terms of service make disparaging tfg verboten. And that's the Truth!
However, National Public Radio pointed out one key difference between Twitter and Truth Social: the terms of service on Trump’s platform prohibit disparaging its backers.

“I will note here that I checked out the app’s terms of service, and there is one thing that is prohibited on Truth Social: to ‘disparage, tarnish or otherwise harm’ the backers of the site,” NPR’s Bobby Allyn reported Tuesday.

“I imagine that means Donald Trump,” Allyn concluded.

How exactly Truth Social will monitor content is still unclear, but a Fox Business report in January said that the company plans to use artificial intelligence from a Silicon Valley tech firm to moderate.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/trumps-so ... ald-trump/
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:22 pm
How exactly Truth Social will monitor content is still unclear, but a Fox Business report in January said that the company plans to use artificial intelligence from a Silicon Valley tech firm to moderate.
Truth :fingerwag: Social :nope: plan to buy in Artificial Intelligence? There can't buy enough to cancel out their Real Stupidity!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:22 pm NPR noticed that Truth Social's terms of service make disparaging tfg verboten. And that's the Truth!
https://www.mediaite.com/news/trumps-so ... ald-trump/
Considering that there seems to be a serious lack of actual intelligence at this hot air outlet the artificial part will be a clusterfuck in doing :cantlook:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”