Kamala Harris for President - 2024

jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:44 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:41 am It amuses me – in a good way, I stress! – to see much Go Kamala!! joy here.

Surely my memory is tricking me with recollections of "the sky will fall on our heads if Biden is forced out" and "Biden dropping out would gift the presidency to Trump and the Magats"?

No, surely you were all optimistic a week ago? Yes? No? Oh.
I don't like the disrespect I see for Biden (not here, except for the "toast" name) and the innuendo that he has dementia without the copious amounts of demonstration the opponent has shown. Harris is the natural choice.
:yeahthat:

I’m upset with how Biden got pushed out but excited about Kamala.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I wondered if anyone would do this. From Amazon.
71354d5quuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71354d5quuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (69.12 KiB) Viewed 387 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This aged well.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

jemcanada2 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:16 am I’m upset with how Biden got pushed out but excited about Kamala.
My sediments exactly (we have geologists).

I voted for Biden. I stuck with Biden to the bitter end. I was pissed when ol' Wifehorn told me he quit. I was wearing my Dark Brandon t-shirt when I got the news. Literally. :mad:

But then, after about 5 minutes, I realized: I can be bitter and angry and never support the Democratic Party again, or maybe I can be excited about a black woman whom I greatly admire and who is in the perfect position to shove Donald J. Trump up his own ass. :think:

So I decided to let go of my anger, and let it drift beneath the surface for another day. I'm still going to remember the backstabbers, though. I surely am gonna remember.

:smoking:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I was agin’ Biden dropping out at first. I was worried that someone in the party (other than Harris*) was making a power play and we’d end up with a split ticket, which would result in a Trump win. So I’m glad to see the party rally around her, and now that I’ve had time to ruminate, I think it was right for Biden to step aside.

* I’ve noticed that the campaign materials say “Harris for President.” Hilary Clinton’s campaign used her first name a lot, mistakenly, IMO. That’s not why she lost, I don’t think, but there’s something, I don’t know, icky about it. Infantilizing isn’t the word. She did it to herself, so I can’t really say it was condescending or misogynistic, either. But Harris is as entitled to campaign under her own last name as any male candidate, that’s what she’s choosing to do, and so I, for one, will never call her Kamala unless I say her full name.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

they will go after her for not using hubby's surname w/"what she embarrassed by not going by his name?" amongst other bullarkey
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yabbut, I'm excited about Douglas Emhoff, too also. I think he'll be a major asset for the campaign.
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

For us for'ners, Harris rarely impinged on our screens, no reason why she should.

But now she has become more visible I like the way that she looks good, really good. I don't mean in a "wow sexy!" way, I'm not that shallow. It's that she exemplifies a neat, healthy, aware, knowledgeable woman in control.

Of course, haters will hate, and Magats are haters bar none, but Harris photographs much better than grumpy-browed, orange-blotched, pasty-faced, blob-chin, flob-ass Trump. That can't hurt.

Having two intact ears ought to be a plus too.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Doug was incredibly relatable yesterday, when he spoke in Delaware. I fell in love with him instantly, because he was open about what all this means to him. He exuded awe and excitement and gratitude and kindness. If that is his ongoing demeanor, he is an absolute winner.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:00 am Doug was incredibly relatable yesterday, when he spoke in Delaware. I fell in love with him instantly, because he was open about what all this means to him. He exuded awe and excitement and gratitude and kindness. If that is his ongoing demeanor, he is an absolute winner.
Basically the very opposite of Melania.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:31 am
p0rtia wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:00 am Doug was incredibly relatable yesterday, when he spoke in Delaware. I fell in love with him instantly, because he was open about what all this means to him. He exuded awe and excitement and gratitude and kindness. If that is his ongoing demeanor, he is an absolute winner.
Basically the very opposite of Melania.
Absolutely. He was so gracious and humble and all the things p0rtia has already said. I am impressed by him. He will be a real asset out on the campaign trail. And as the first gentleman as he already is as second gentleman. :cheer2: :cheer1:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Lara Trump having a real one today

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was pissed at the disrespect involved. I think Biden would've been perfectly fine and if he wasn't, I am Kamala Harris's number one fan girl.

That whole debacle was the damn medias fault. We expect that shit from lowlifes like trump. But the fucking corporate media and their worship of the Golden Bull (shit), even if it meant destroying democracy, made me want to puke.

Especially when they were trying to find some stereotypical, central casting, white male to stomp on her on his way up the ladder. And if it is anybody other than Kamala who gets the nod, we will lose.

Also too, I am happy to be wrong.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
I miss Randy Rainbow's long hair, he's so adorbs. And I mean that in a totally respectful way, but I can't look at him without grinning ear to ear.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:56 am I was agin’ Biden dropping out at first. I was worried that someone in the party (other than Harris*) was making a power play and we’d end up with a split ticket, which would result in a Trump win.
I, too, feared someone would attempt to make a play at the convention, but I'm relieved the party has rallied around one person.

Apparently there have been some lessons learned about appearing unified in public, even if Harris might have been a difficult pill for some factions of the party's coalition to swallow.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's Harris or trump. This isn't rocket science.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I first felt dread when I heard he'd dropped out. I had been irritated with the folks (Schiff!!) who were saying "drop out" publicly. Democrats always seem to find a way to step on their own dicks.

I said I would have voted for my dog's poop if that was the D nominee, but I'm so glad we're way above that! I was grateful to see the immediate enthusiasm for Harris. Campaigns in the US go on entirely too long (I wish we could shorten it to a couple of months like other places have), so they turn into existential background noise. This injection of freshness comes at the right time IMO. I hope that all translates into votes!

According to the google, 2.6 million boomers die each year, so that's 10.4 who'll have died since 2020. That's the largest voting cohort, and I think a big part of trump voters. They're being replaced with younger voters who skew left. It's also the cohort with the lowest turnout.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Comes the moment.... :oldlady:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Harris - with the "brat" firmly entrenched in the appearance of her Xitter banner - has now passed 1m followers.
:popcorn:
bob

Post by bob »

I'm also lurving how the "rePUbLiC nOT A dEMoCraCY!!1!" crowd doesn't grasp that delegates are representatives entrusted to make decisions for the people who voted to put them in those positions.
Image ImageImage
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Found this analysis by Ron Brownstein interesting:

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Brownstein was one of the backstabbers. I don't find anything he says worth reading. I am happy about Harris, but I am going to remember the people who worked to force Biden out forEVAR. :mad:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:39 am Yabbut, I'm excited about Douglas Emhoff, too also. I think he'll be a major asset for the campaign.
I agree. and not just because I am very distantly related, but because he is a good human being
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I'm gonna look at that "margin of error +/-3% as Harris 47% Trump 39%.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “US President”