Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: Spreadnecks: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by LM K »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:04 pm
LM K wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:47 pm Just spotted a comment over at Goodreads (private group, so can't link). Her son texted her that he and a friend have been taking the Ivermectin. Sounds like it's a poo-plosion :lol:
To gif or not to gif ....
:batting: :daydreaming:

Credit for that word goes to Foster Dad John at The Critter Room. He's fostered lots of kittens and has lots of experience with poo-plosions. :faint:
:o :shock:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:30 pm Ivermectin IS approved for humans.
You will note that I start by saying that it's available for humans as a tablet.
Ivermectin was developed for use in animals originally. Here's an article which explains the evolution of avermectin into ivermectin.

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/educ ... ources.%20
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:35 am https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ctin-covid
Inmates at a north-west Arkansas jail have been prescribed a medicine for treating coronavirus that is normally used to deworm livestock, despite federal health warnings to the public in exasperated tones.

:snippity: n.
The article does not go into details, but I wonder if a medicine prescribed was actually the veterinarian version, cause that would be a real scandal. Anyhow a large scale prescription accross the prison population without checking the condition of each patient would be equally scandalous.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:43 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:35 am https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ctin-covid
Inmates at a north-west Arkansas jail have been prescribed a medicine for treating coronavirus that is normally used to deworm livestock, despite federal health warnings to the public in exasperated tones.

The article does not go into details, but I wonder if a medicine prescribed was actually the veterinarian version, cause that would be a real scandal. Anyhow a large scale prescription accross the prison population without checking the condition of each patient would be equally scandalous.
I don't think the vet formulation requires a prescription at all and prisons are notoriously lax about medical care on their best days. If the doc is actually writing prescriptions for the stuff, I'm not sure it would be scandalous in the least. It's a legit drug, and he's apparently a legit medical doctor, and they write scripts for off-label uses every day. The FDA is having a hissy because people are using the stuff from Tractor Supply.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Well, correctional facilities use animal grade food*; why not OTC horse medicine?

*They really do.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

My Governor shoots and he scores which is sometimes an unusual occurrence in our state where our former governors make our license plates.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The replies are fun:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:confuzzled:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:26 pm :confuzzled:
Well obviously, she's Jewish, or why would she care what the backwards spelling means in any language? I betja she has shoe lasers AND hat lasers. :blackeye:

Vaccine spelled backwards is eniccav, which means potato in Martian. :P OMG, after I get the third (booster) jab, I am going to have a LOT of potatoes around!
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:15 pm
I don't think the vet formulation requires a prescription at all and prisons are notoriously lax about medical care on their best days. If the doc is actually writing prescriptions for the stuff, I'm not sure it would be scandalous in the least. It's a legit drug, and he's apparently a legit medical doctor, and they write scripts for off-label uses every day. The FDA is having a hissy because people are using the stuff from Tractor Supply.
The horse de-wormer I get from Tractor Supply is not prescription. Neither is the stuff for cows, swine, sheep/goats. They do vary in the way the drug is absorbed by the animal for which it is intended (as I explained somewhere earlier in the thread).
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm Vaccine spelled backwards is eniccav, which means potato in Martian. :P OMG, after I get the third (booster) jab, I am going to have a LOT of potatoes around!
Well, as dick tater, having a new super power to pump spuds out of your armpits would be handy for something.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

We almost need a Nurses Acting Badly thread.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

She's fired. :mad:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oklahoma stores are selling out of horse medicine despite an FDA plea not to take the drug:

Despite the FDA telling people not to take the deworming medication Ivermectin, stores in Oklahoma are having trouble keeping it in stock.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

In related news, Durvet stock price has been rising all year.

Many consider it overvalued, but it has attracted a lot of volume.

Everybody sing - "You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em ..."
Attachments
image_2021-08-27_092533.png
image_2021-08-27_092533.png (219.67 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

bill_g wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:09 am
Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm Vaccine spelled backwards is eniccav, which means potato in Martian. :P OMG, after I get the third (booster) jab, I am going to have a LOT of potatoes around!
Well, as dick tater, having a new super power to pump spuds out of your armpits would be handy for something.
A green, reusable, recyclable potato gun! No PVC to harm the planet! :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:38 am https:// twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1431277826020237318
Oklahoma stores are selling out of horse medicine despite an FDA plea not to take the drug:

Despite the FDA telling people not to take the deworming medication Ivermectin, stores in Oklahoma are having trouble keeping it in stock.
When one has a population with a health of a horse ....

When will the medication be available that deworms the brains :?:
raison de arizona

wish the video was just of his comment, not all the music and commentary, that was unnecessary, he was making his point just fine
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tencats

Post by tencats »

Texas Anti-Mask ‘Freedom Rally’ Organizer Fighting For His Life With COVID-19
His pregnant wife said this week that the hospital was “out of options” for her husband.
08/27/2021 12:57 am ET
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-an ... n=us_women
A Texas man who helped organize protests against pandemic restrictions is fighting for his life after being hospitalized for nearly a month with COVID-19, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.

His wife, Jessica Wallace, wrote Wednesday on Facebook that she had a “heartbreaking update” about her husband, Caleb.

“He’s not doing good. It’s not looking in our favor,” she said. “His lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they’ve run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments.”

Caleb Wallace, a 30-year-old father of three, has been unconscious, ventilated and heavily sedated in the ICU at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo since Aug. 8, the Standard-Times reported. His wife said on a GoFundMe page for household and medical bills that he was was intubated multiple times, had high fevers, infection and bleeding in his chest.

In July, Caleb Wallace reportedly helped organize “The Freedom Rally,” an event that billed itself as a protest against the “government being in control of our lives.” He also founded “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders,” which hosted a rally last year to “end COVID tyranny.”

He wrote a letter in April to the San Angelo Independent School District and published by a local news outlet demanding that the school district “rescind ALL COVID-related policies immediately.” He falsely claimed that wearing masks had harmful effects on children and that there was “little evidence that masks worked for anyone.”

When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.

Jessica Wallace told the Standard-Times that she was “less conservative” than her husband and personally wears a mask.

“Caleb would tell me, ‘You know masks aren’t going to save you,’ but he understood I wanted to wear them,” she said. “It gives me comfort to know that maybe, just maybe, I’m either protecting someone or avoiding it myself.”
:roll:
Caleb Wallace, Fighting To End COVID-19 Tyranny
https://media.crooksandliars.com/2021/0 ... 4_high.mp4

https://www.gofundme.com/f/wallace-hous ... 250d0256fa
Today by Jessica Wallace, Organizer
Caleb won’t make it much longer. He will be moved to comfort care tomorrow and I will get to be there with him until it’s his time to return to our father in heaven. I appreciate everyone all the good and the bad. You all have the right to feel the way you feel as Caleb once fought for his beliefs. He was an imperfect man but he loved his family and his little girls more than anything.

To those who wished him death, I’m sorry his views and opinions hurt you. I prayed he’d come out of this with a new perspective and more appreciation for life. I can’t say much more than that because I can’t speak for him.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:51 am We almost need a Nurses Acting Badly thread.
She is just too stupid to be a nurse. Or a parent.

The "shielding approach" has nothing to do with rounding up the vaccinated. :brickwallsmall:

It is dated July 2020 - when we didn't know when or if we were getting a vaccine and is a suggested plan for separating vulnerable individuals and groups to protect them in the case of a catastrophic worsening of the pandemic.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:38 am

The reason they are selling out of horse medicine is that medicine for jackasses wouldn't work.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Atticus Finch wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:18 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:38 am https:// twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1431277826020237318

The reason they are selling out of horse medicine is that medicine for jackasses wouldn't work.
:rimshot:
raison de arizona

Probably fake, but the perfect time to say...

Holy crap!

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”