Sovcit nutz

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Suranis

Sovcit nutz

Post by Suranis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0hHPcgFchA

Ok, at 9 minutes or so he talks about the Restrictions on first ammendment activity. At 9:35 he cites a case called GERICKE v. Weare Police Department, Town of Weare, Defendants. (2014)

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-1s ... 67549.html <- Yes I looked this case up.

He says the case states that "reasonable restrictions on the right to film may be imposed when the circumstances require them." He also draws attention to the line that says
"However, a police order that is specifically directed at the First Amendment right to film police performing their duties in public may be constitutionally imposed only if the officer can reasonably conclude that the filming itself is interfering, or is about to interfere, with his duties."
He then goes on to say that a police officer can reasonably arrest an auditor if they were committing crones such as disorderly conduct, stalking or harassment. He cites the case of Joey Perez, who had a history of inserting themselves into arrests, getting in close proximity to police and their vehicles, and shining lights from their cameras into officers eyes.

And then he quotes examples of Auditors who have been Successfully prosecuted for screaming profanity at officers and other activities while "auditing", and gives an example of someone following a swat team around filming them and cursing and using Homophobic Slurs. The auditor argued that His foul language was constitutionally protected free speech too, but it didn't work as he was actively interfering with the Officers performing their duties.

Then after going through a few more examples of Auditors being dicks, he does say that there have been a few successful suits against Police Stations. But rather than the whole "must drop all action against Auditors" impression that was given above, it actually caused the Police orgs to issue guidelines on how to deal with Auditors.

Of course, some orgs have gotten creative, including playing music at the Auditor in order to get their video blocked by video sides like Instagram or Youtube on Copyright grounds. :D

Then he foes on to Cite a town that issued and ordinance that allowed officers to designate a Zone around a crime scene where Auditors cannot cross (in response to an Auditor standing in front of a Female officer and subjecting her to 4 minutes of abuse and Gender based slurs), and Arizona enacted a bill that stopped recording Officers from a distance of 8 feet (down from the requested 15 feet) (Possibly the bill that was quashed as noted abovem I dont know)

Thus conclusion is as to are Auditors constitutionally protected Truth Warriors or Trolls looking for a buck. To quote him "it depends." he quotes a number of organizations who have done good work.

Regardless, based on the talk of this laywer who was citing specific cases and case law, the talk about SCOTUS quashing all restrictions on Filming, and convictions getting quashed when Auditors Sue for tens of thousands of dollars, is pure fantasy. It has not happened.

And even when appellate courts have affirmed the right to film public officials in the course of their duties has, restrictions on Filming HAVE been allowed. And there was no mention of the right to film inside public buildings in the video.

So, ya, I stand by the fact that unless they are people who are part of a well respected org like the ACLU, 95% of Auditors are egotistical trash.
Hic sunt dracones
John Thomas8

Sovcit nutz

Post by John Thomas8 »

Suranis wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Of course, some orgs have gotten creative, including playing music at the Auditor in order to get their video blocked by video sides like Instagram or Youtube on Copyright grounds. :D
This is exactly how to deal with these mutts. Using the Eagles is an excellent choice as their crew are known to search for and copyright strike any video with Eagles music in it, mostly on the same day it gets posted.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Sovcit nutz

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:35 am
I may not be viewing the same 1AA as you do ;) I have never observed a 1AA poke a microphone in the face of a random person. What some 1AA do is walk thru government offices (publically accessible areas) and ask government workers what their business is and details of procedures of their specific work. General information that can be interesting for viewers, how your tax dollars are used. It's also a test to see how curteous staff interacts with the public.
I don't watch these so-called 1AA people, grifters or not.

But what I DO know is that NOBODY has the 'right' to 'walk thru government offices and ask random government workers what their business is. Government workers are there to do the task the government has assigned them to do, not sit there and teach random assholes with a camera how to do that government job.

If some person had interrupted me when I was 4 levels deep in a debug run trying to fix the distributed labor program when I was working for the City, I suspect strongly that my fellow desk jockeys would have helped me carry out the door and dump him on the sidewalk (yeah, OK, we wouldn't do the sidewalk thing but we would have got him out the door until the Cops arrived).

I know there has been a lot of court cases over this filming in public spaces stuff since I worked for the City, but workers also have the right to do their job without harassment, and the people who pay for those workers to provide the functions they are hired to do have the right to expect those employees be allowed to do their jobs without harassment.

Public employees DO get audited by LEGITIMATE, PROFESSIONAL, auditors that know what they are doing (well except the ones that ran a job on our computers and destroyed a database because they didn't pay attention to the job preparation instructions we gave them). Professional auditors provide reports asking questions for further clarification and making suggestions for improvement.

Fly-by-night grifters attempt to play GOTCHA, and then escalate any problems encountered instead of trying to improve the process.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Dave from down under

Sovcit nutz

Post by Dave from down under »

Kevin/Karen is the best they can be called
Resume18

Sovcit nutz

Post by Resume18 »

More freedom-fighters doing battle for our first and second amendment rights:

Probably NSFW.

You f*#kers are going to pay for this This is why people are hollering second amendment. This b*tch is going to stop one way or anotherr.
Them f*#ers are going to ger theirs anyway. The second amendment us real b*tches, Second f*#king amendment is real. Them f*#king b*tches are going to learn . . .
A short (though a bit repetitious) eloquent excerpt from these patriots.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
John Thomas8

Sovcit nutz

Post by John Thomas8 »

Complete jackoffasaurus.
Resume18

Sovcit nutz

Post by Resume18 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 pm Complete jackoffasaurus.
Gutter-level scum, and stochastic terrorists, because they're too cowardly to perform actual terrorist acts; but to their victims there is no difference. Fortunately there is no doubt that these dregs will violate and be subject to the terms of of their parole/probation. Neither will come to a good end, and will blame everyone else until their end. I say go ahead and good effing riddance.
John Thomas8

Sovcit nutz

Post by John Thomas8 »

This is a 1st Amendment Frauditor. Not a single thing this dude says or does protects anyone's rights. He's a public nuisance and every building needs a P. Barnes to deal with them appropriately.

Resume18

Sovcit nutz

Post by Resume18 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:06 pm This is a 1st Amendment Frauditor. Not a single thing this dude says or does protects anyone's rights. He's a public nuisance and every building needs a P. Barnes to deal with them appropriately.

No-no-no, he's fighting for our rights to be annoying jagoffs. And his right to clicks and views and likes and to not be gainfully employed.
pipistrelle

Sovcit nutz

Post by pipistrelle »

Thanks for the P. Barnes reminder.

Notice "Rick" wants everyone's name but won't give his own.
John Thomas8

Sovcit nutz

Post by John Thomas8 »

A Classic, here's for folks that don't know who P. Barnes is or why he's respected. This is how you deal with "I'm not a person, I'm a man":

Suranis

Sovcit nutz

Post by Suranis »

I saw an interview with P. Barnes a year or so later. He is basically a very quiet, duty focused guy that believes in going his job. He didn't make any airs and graces about himself, it was basically, "I just did my job."
Edit: edit: Theres a short interview here in this secment on the tazed idiot. The interview only last 10 seconds or so

https://www.reddit.com/r/amibeingdetain ... nes_tased/

Link from there, skip to about 5:10

https://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/ ... d-18166957
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Sovcit nutz

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s what I like about him. Calmly efficient.
roadscholar

Sovcit nutz

Post by roadscholar »

The way that nimrod pronounced "P. Barnes" made ME want to taze him. :mad:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
pipistrelle

Sovcit nutz

Post by pipistrelle »

And Sovereign Citizen was living with his mommy.
pipistrelle

Sovcit nutz

Post by pipistrelle »

More recent interview with P. Barnes.

https://cdapress.com/news/2019/aug/11/s ... ner-and-5/
keith

Sovcit nutz

Post by keith »

ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) fact check on a consumer show segment called WTFAQ:

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Sovcit nutz

Post by RTH10260 »

the guy hailing from Morroco...

Resume18

Sovcit nutz

Post by Resume18 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:08 pm the guy hailing from Morroco...

I wonder if these folks really believe this nonsense? A simple DNA ancestry test would reveal that they're not actually Moors (or Moormish) and would probably tell a much more interesting story to boot.
keith

Sovcit nutz

Post by keith »

Foreign National or not (you are not), even if you are a diplomat (you are not), you still have to register your vehicle with the OFFICIAL authorities to use the roads.

So refer to the State Department for the proper procedures to obtain diplomatic accreditation and such matters.

Silly clot.
John Thomas8

Sovcit nutz

Post by John Thomas8 »

Almost 90 minutes of sovcit fails:

Arthurwankspittle

Sovcit nutz

Post by Arthurwankspittle »

Resume18 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:38 pm I wonder if these folks really believe this nonsense? A simple DNA ancestry test would reveal that they're not actually Moors (or Moormish) and would probably tell a much more interesting story to boot.
The late Schrodinger's Cat offered that as a bet to anyone who would take it up i.e. if any Moor-on would take a DNA test which showed their ancestors were from Morocco he would pay out $1000(?)(can't remember if it was 1,2 or 5k). Needless to say no one ever took him up on it.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Sovcit nutz

Post by RTH10260 »

Well, if a Moor-on claims to be from Morocco, put them in a jail cell and tell them that police are waiting to see if ICE intends to put a hold on them for deporting them back overseas.

I guess lang-form birth certificates will suddenly appear ... ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Sovcit nutz

Post by northland10 »

Resume18 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:38 pm
He's Moor-ish.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Slim Cognito »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:17 am
Resume18 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:38 pm
He's Moor-ish.
I got into a debate with one of these guys from the old PSA website. he insisted that he owned the entire states of Georgia and Florida and that he was going to throw me out of my house and move in himself. I told him I knew where the gators lived. I never heard from him again.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Other weirdos”