Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sugar magnolia

Re: Spreadnecks: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by sugar magnolia »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:57 am I've had an experience like this, the last company I worked for had a great health insurance plan...just one snag, for the company to get that sweet, sweet, low rate for it's employees it had to go virtually tobacco free. No smoking or and tobacco use on the facility site, we had to go across the street to smoke, and tobacco users had to pay an additional $150 a month for health insurance.
Ours is only $60 a month extra but my husband hasn't been to his office for 18 months so the no-smoking policy doesn't apply to him.
tencats

Post by tencats »

‘Tainted’ blood? COVID vaccine skeptics request transfusions only from unvaccinated donors
The nation’s roiling tensions over vaccination against covid-19 have spilled into an unexpected arena: lifesaving blood transfusions.

With nearly 60 percent of the eligible U.S. population fully vaccinated, most of the nation’s blood supply is now coming from donors who have been inoculated, experts said. That has led some patients who are skeptical of the shots to demand transfusions from only the unvaccinated, an option blood centers insist is neither medically sound nor operationally feasible.

“We are definitely aware of patients who have refused blood products from vaccinated donors,” said Julie Katz Karp, who directs the blood bank and transfusion medicine program at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals in Philadelphia.

Emily Osment, an American Red Cross spokesperson, said her organization has fielded questions from clients worried that vaccinated blood would be “tainted,” capable of transmitting components from the coronavirus vaccines. Red Cross officials said they have had to reassure clients that a coronavirus vaccine, which is injected into muscle or the layer of skin below, doesn’t circulate in the blood.

“Less than 10 percent of the blood we collect does not have antibodies,” Busch noted.

In addition, outside of research studies, blood centers in the United States don’t retain data noting whether donors have been infected with or vaccinated against covid-19, and there’s no federal requirement that collected blood products be identified in that manner.

“The Food and Drug Administration has determined there’s no safety risk, so there’s no reason to label the units,”

“Less than 10 percent of the blood we collect does not have antibodies,” Busch noted.

In addition, outside of research studies, blood centers in the United States don’t retain data noting whether donors have been infected with or vaccinated against covid-19, and there’s no federal requirement that collected blood products be identified in that manner.

“The Food and Drug Administration has determined there’s no safety risk, so there’s no reason to label the units,”

Read it all at https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/s ... story.html
Also at https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... ed-donors/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tencats wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:25 pm ‘Tainted’ blood? COVID vaccine skeptics request transfusions only from unvaccinated donors
:snippity:
:snippity:
Good. Let them bleed out, survival of the fittest.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Good. Let them bleed out, survival of the fittest.
I find myself having less and less patience with these people with every passing minute.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Is this still a hangover from the time when HIV had not yet been recognized in donated blood, well back in the 1980s?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Hard to find blood donors who haven't had some vaccines.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
notorial dissent

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by notorial dissent »

LM K wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:46 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm I wonder how people would react if they were asked to sign a document stating they agree to forego all medical treatment for COVID. They likely would sign it then get COVID and beg for medical treatment.
Wonderful :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: :doh:

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

What does he not understand? That the friend no longer has the health of a horse?
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

People be cray cray for vaccines.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

All of this reminds me more and more of the time I attended a Young Republicans meeting many years ago in college. Don't ask. I left that meeting almost nauseated. All they did the entire meeting was talk about different tactics they could use to undermine various Democratic candidates. I'm sure lots of these kooks are showing up on their own and not part of some organized attempt to undermine efforts to get the pandemic under control, but I think there is a huge organized effort by right wing media to make all this "grass roots" effort happen and to keep it stoked. Monkey see, monkey do and all that.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I say let them have as much ivermectin as they want. And when their loved ones die from it, let their prior love for tort reform limit their product liability claims.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Have the makers of the livestock ivermectin put a label on it warning humans not to ingest it, like shampoo bottles? Cuz, if not, it's coming.

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
tek

Post by tek »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:37 am Have the makers of the livestock ivermectin put a label on it warning humans not to ingest it, like shampoo bottles? Cuz, if not, it's coming.
One example:
https://www.durvet.com/wp-content/uploa ... 0712-1.pdf
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

fixed it for them.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (157.1 KiB) Viewed 1444 times

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:lol: Fucked around & found out. 🤑

Woman drank, vaped, refused mask on flight to Charlotte. Now she’s been fined $17,000.
A woman who was kicked off her flight to Charlotte in February for drinking alcohol, trying to vape and refusing to wear a mask has been hit with a $17,000 fine by the Federal Aviation Administration.
According to the FAA, the woman was drinking alcohol that wasn’t served by the airline, interfering with crew members, not complying with the federal face mask mandate and trying to use a vape pen on the plane.

The aircraft returned to the gate at the Key West airport and she was removed from the plane, according to the FAA.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 02023.html
Image Image Image Image
Jim

Post by Jim »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:45 pm :lol: Fucked around & found out. 🤑

Woman drank, vaped, refused mask on flight to Charlotte. Now she’s been fined $17,000.
A woman who was kicked off her flight to Charlotte in February for drinking alcohol, trying to vape and refusing to wear a mask has been hit with a $17,000 fine by the Federal Aviation Administration.
According to the FAA, the woman was drinking alcohol that wasn’t served by the airline, interfering with crew members, not complying with the federal face mask mandate and trying to use a vape pen on the plane.

The aircraft returned to the gate at the Key West airport and she was removed from the plane, according to the FAA.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 02023.html
Ahhh yes, she learned that old expression the hard way..."Freedumb isn't free".
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:45 pm :lol: Fucked around & found out. 🤑
The flight was out of Key West.... so someone flying out of there, it doesn't surprise me an ocassional drunken idiot acts stupid.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Are idiots like this put on the no-fly list? I hope so.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Notaperson wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 pm Are idiots like this put on the no-fly list? I hope so.
The FAA does not put passengers on no-fly lists.
Press Release – FAA Fines Against Unruly Passengers Reach $1M
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I would imagine airlines maintain their own lists of banned passengers, and it wouldn't surprise me if they share amongst themselves.
Image Image Image Image
Jim

Post by Jim »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:40 pm I would imagine airlines maintain their own lists of banned passengers, and it wouldn't surprise me if they share amongst themselves.
The airlines say they are not sharing information with one another about the passengers they have banned. So, for example, a passenger banned on Delta can still book a flight on American and vice versa.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/business ... index.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”