trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Off Topic
If you're ever in St. Louis stop by Ted Drewes for a Concrete. They've been around much longer than I have and the Blizzard is just a cheap imitation.

http://teddrewes.com/
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Off Topic
Shizzle Popped wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:54 am
Off Topic
If you're ever in St. Louis stop by Ted Drewes for a Concrete. They've been around much longer than I have and the Blizzard is just a cheap imitation.

http://teddrewes.com/
We had Carl's, my grandma lived 3 blocks away and use to walk us down there for an ice cream cone and then we'd sit on the little brick wall just across the road and watch all the people. Now I sit on that little wall with my grandkids. :lovestruck:
Carl's.png
Carl's.png (190.02 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
http://carlsfrozencustard.com
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

But what about Hunter?
IMG_5279.png
IMG_5279.png (185.18 KiB) Viewed 3645 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:46 am But what about Hunter?

IMG_5279.png
Dear Donald, how about the $7+ million you spent on the Durham investigation without getting any convictions out of it :?:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

This interview with Dr. Steve Hassan about the cult of Trump has some new insight.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-830442635 ... ter+design!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
keith wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:51 am Dairy Queen is thinking about opening in Australia, but there is already a cafe/catering business called Dairy Queen here that's been going for generations.
A Quebecois couple bought a former DQ spot near Dania Beach just south of Fort Lauderdale decades ago and changed its name to 'Dairy Belle' to avoid lawsuits. The use all the equipment and have a DQ-style menu, plus poutine. It was very popular in my early-20s through mid-30s with many of my friends. I used to joke they should franchise.
keith wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:51 am So unless they can buy out that shop, they'll have to do what Burger King did when they entered the Australian market and encountered an existing business with that name: they had to pick another name. They went for "Hungry Jacks". Apparently, BK now has the rights to the BK name in Australia and wants the Hungry Jacks people to adopt the Burger King name after 60 years or whatever it is. HJ said, no thanks, we've grown the HJ name here and we like it. There are however a couple of Burger Kings in the international terminals at a couple of airports.
Fast food shock for Americans in Australia is real, y'all. Here's my tale:

After 7 months in Bangladesh, I was *craving* an Egg McMuffin or a Croissanwich like you would not believe, despite the fact that only the former was every really appetizing to me. I take my first R&R out of Dhaka to Sydney in November 2018, land in Sydney airport, and there's a McDs in the airport. Alas, I forgot that most non-American Maccas don't use Canadian bacon, and I was sad. I then get into town and think, "I'll find a BK." But it took me days to realize HJ was BK and I felt like a dolt.

You know where I finally got that 'real' American-style Egg McMuffin, 3 weeks later? Right after I got back from my R&R, I was sent on a week of training in Dubai. The Dubai airport McD's sold me an Egg McMuffin with Canadian Bacon and all was right in Ben-Prime's world.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Off Topic
I never really liked DQ and their frozen plastic, but I haven't eaten there in over 20 years, ever since I realized that like most commercial ice cream, they use seaweed, which forces my heart into an arrhythmia. I chose life over shitty frozen dessert.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:05 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:46 am But what about Hunter?

IMG_5279.png
Dear Donald, how about the $7+ million you spent on the Durham investigation without getting any convictions out of it :?:
I don't know if it's included in the amount quoted, but the U.S. Marshals are providing Smith and possibly others with security since TFG sicced his following on them.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:34 pm I don't know if it's included in the amount quoted, but the U.S. Marshals are providing Smith and possibly others with security since TFG sicced his following on them.
U.S. Marshall protection cost is included and it was about $2M.
Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/0 ... h-00105179
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:13 pm
Off Topic
A Quebecois couple bought a former DQ spot near Dania Beach just south of Fort Lauderdale decades ago and changed its name to 'Dairy Belle' to avoid lawsuits. The use all the equipment and have a DQ-style menu, plus poutine. It was very popular in my early-20s through mid-30s with many of my friends. I used to joke they should franchise.
There used to be a Dairy Belle chain in Australia, associated with the big ice cream maker Streets I think. Their main claim to fame was ice cream cakes for parties. Their ice cream was average, maybe Baskin Robins level, but Ki did quite like their hot fudge sundaes. They are gone now.
You know where I finally got that 'real' American-style Egg McMuffin, 3 weeks later? Right after I got back from my R&R, I was sent on a week of training in Dubai. The Dubai airport McD's sold me an Egg McMuffin with Canadian Bacon and all was right in Ben-Prime's world.
In Australia they call Canadian bacon 'bacon'. American bacon is called 'streaky bacon'.

What do they call bacon in Dubai? 'Turkey'?

[/offtopic]
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

In Malaysia bacon is beef.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Attorney booted from Trump team in NY AG's case against fmr. President

by Meghann Dyke, Weekend News Editor |
July 08, 2023 08:39 PM

An attorney for former President Donald Trump was booted from the New York attorney general's case against Trump, and will now serve in a new role with a Trump-aligned political action committee.

Alina Habba will take the lead in a new position for the Save America Leadership PAC, according to a press release on Friday.

Habba is set to take over as the PAC’s legal spokesperson and general counsel while maintaining her position in assist Trump with “certain legal matters.” Trump’s communication director described the now-ex-general counsel as having performed “diligently” and “tirelessly” regarding the “many witch-hunt cases that have been unfairly brought” against Trump.

A cause behind Habba's departure has not yet been revealed besides that she will be afforded more time to dedicate to her new duties within the Saving America PAC.

Habba previously admitted to having searched for classified documents at Trump's Mar-a-lago residence—which reportedly permitted at the permission of the former president—last year, in response to a subpoena from the New York attorney general. The admission came shortly before the FBI raided the Florida estate.

Just recently, Fox News Tonight, Habba appeared to stumble with her explanation of Trump's defense following the leaking of an audio tape of a meeting between the pair at his Bedminster Gold Club.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -president
raison de arizona

Well, one of them has been running a country all week, and one of them has just been running his mouth, so… Winners hold office, losers hold rallies.
Trump’s Saturday vs. Biden’s Saturday
raison de arizona

IMG_5286.png
IMG_5286.png (459.63 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:13 pm
Off Topic
keith wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:51 am Dairy Queen is thinking about opening in Australia, but there is already a cafe/catering business called Dairy Queen here that's been going for generations.
keith wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:51 am So unless they can buy out that shop, they'll have to do what Burger King did when they entered the Australian market and encountered an existing business with that name: they had to pick another name. They went for "Hungry Jacks". Apparently, BK now has the rights to the BK name in Australia and wants the Hungry Jacks people to adopt the Burger King name after 60 years or whatever it is. HJ said, no thanks, we've grown the HJ name here and we like it. There are however a couple of Burger Kings in the international terminals at a couple of airports.
Fast food shock for Americans in Australia is real, y'all. Here's my tale:

After 7 months in Bangladesh, I was *craving* an Egg McMuffin or a Croissanwich like you would not believe, despite the fact that only the former was every really appetizing to me. I take my first R&R out of Dhaka to Sydney in November 2018, land in Sydney airport, and there's a McDs in the airport. Alas, I forgot that most non-American Maccas don't use Canadian bacon, and I was sad. I then get into town and think, "I'll find a BK." But it took me days to realize HJ was BK and I felt like a dolt.

Oh Ben, I am terribly disappointed with you in this topic......

After your postings you should know there is BACON and then there is the pale sad imitation that is "American Bacon"

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

To join The Bacon War of 2023 :
Since both types of bacon are cured, it all comes down to the cut of meat. American bacon comes from one of the fattiest parts of the pig—pork belly—which explains the fatty streaks, while British bacon (known as rashers) comes from the loin, the middle of the pig’s back, which is a leaner area. This cut of meat, also used for Canadian bacon and Irish bacon, is where pork tenderloin and loin roast are taken from, with a difference in the slicing and curing technique.

https://www.rd.com/article/why-british- ... tes-better
Mr brolin

Post by Mr brolin »

This is why ......

raison de arizona

Do you want to have a heart attack? Because that is how you have a heart attack.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:20 am Do you want to have a heart attack? Because that is how you have a heart attack die happy.
FIFY.
Mr brolin

Post by Mr brolin »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:20 am Do you want to have a heart attack? Because that is how you have a heart attack.
Actually, real bacon unlike the ersatz american bacon has very little fat and far fewer calories.

Typical one real rasher, 23g, 59 calories, 3.2 g fat, 18 mg cholesterol

Typical American rasher, 2 slices, 24g, 105 calories, 9 g fat, 26g cholesterol

No...... this is how you die happy

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Actually, I have been watching this reality TV star/influencer eat American bacon for DECADES!! No heart attacks.

somerset

Post by somerset »

Mr brolin wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:31 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:20 am Do you want to have a heart attack? Because that is how you have a heart attack.
Actually, real bacon unlike the ersatz american bacon has very little fat and far fewer calories.

Typical one real rasher, 23g, 59 calories, 3.2 g fat, 18 mg cholesterol

Typical American rasher, 2 slices, 24g, 105 calories, 9 g fat, 26g cholesterol

No...... this is how you die happy

EFFing English breakfast ;)

(One downside of living in Singapore is the proliferation of English style breakfasts (see above) and Aussie style hamburgers) :boxing:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

What are the black things next to the eggs, potatoes?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

qbawl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:50 pm What are the black things next to the eggs, potatoes?
Blood sausage.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Yum

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”