trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by Phoenix520 »

I just can’t. It’s always the same shit.
bob

Post by bob »

What’s all this talk about Trump not paying for food he promised to diners in Miami in front of the cameras? Jason Miller is in charge of those things, and he is known for always promptly taking care of financial obligations.
Bus. Insider:
A spokesperson for Trump told Insider that the former president had "offered to buy food" for his supporters but they "followed him outside" when he was leaving "and did not place orders themselves."

The spokesperson added that the campaign's advance team paid for any to-go meals ordered.
"Offered" and "any" are doing all the work there.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I think they mean they paid for Jason Miller's lunch, which he posted on Elmo's Fun Fascist Farce Place.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This guy is a criminal defense lawyer’s nightmare. He won’t stop talking. This is from his Fox interview tonight. If he is in a lawyer’s office rolling this out, this is where the lawyer tells him there is no way he can go with that story because it’s ridiculous. But here he is!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

If he were innocent, that makes him sound like a slob.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: This will be played to his jury.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Baier: Why not just hand them over? Trump: Because I had boxes, I want to go through the boxes and get all my personal things
Embedded video
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Damn, I felt so confident in this prediction too. Oh well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If anyone finds the full interview, please link here. Meanwhile, I'm digging on the clips Acyn is posting on twitter. Oh my. :popcorn:

https://twitter.com/Acyn
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He is a major slob and hoarder.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:03 pm If anyone finds the full interview, please link here. Meanwhile, I'm digging on the clips Acyn is posting on twitter. Oh my. :popcorn:

https://twitter.com/Acyn
I see third parties reposting (all or partial?):

Special Report with Bret Baier / Donald Trump Interview 🔴 FOX News Livestream 6/19/23

or

summary 24 minutes Donald Trump speaks out in exclusive interview Bret Baier | BREAKING fox NEWS TODAY June 19, 2023

or

Part1 just now premiere streaming, part 2 scheduled for later (a 22 hour wait?)

Part 1 : Bret Baier Interviews Donald Trump (PART 1) - 6/19/23
Part 2 : LIVE: Bret Baier Interviews Donald Trump (PART 2) - 6/20/23
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks for the links RTH.
@RonFilipkowski
I give it up to Bret Baier. Credit where credit is due. He came prepared, asked the right questions, pinned him down, didn’t let him wiggle away & deflect. That was how to interview Trump. The other right-wing shills who interview him should watch and be ashamed for being hacks.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I guess he didn’t love the interview. Go on Newsmax tomorrow. They’ll treat you right. You are a better president than Lincoln, blah blah blah - all that stuff you love.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Because I had boxes.
I had things in boxes.
They were my boxes.
I had to get my things out of my boxes.
I was too busy to get things out of boxes.
And they were my boxes.

---Set to a rap tune.
Trump's campaign theme.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is Maddow on tonight or does she get the Juneteenth holiday? Otherwise, we'll have to wait for Nicolle Wallace to break it down for us.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:31 pm Because I had boxes.
I had things in boxes.
They were my boxes.
I had to get my things out of my boxes.
I was too busy to get things out of boxes.
And they were my boxes.

---Set to a rap tune.
Trump's campaign theme.
It kind of deserves the "Shatner of the Mount" or the "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard" treatment.

For those who don't know the former...
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He keeps testifying against himself.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Am I wrong or hasn't he had his Miranda Rights read to him twice in the last few weeks?

At what point do his lawyers ask for a psych exam?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's the Part 1 Interview. He's still stuck on his 2016 talking points, rambling, lying and denying. It's about 2:20 when they get to the Indicateds. He's nuts and after all, is 77.

Excuses include (there's lots more, if you watch it please add to the list): :lol:

Biden, Clinton, Bush, Obama did it too!

Clinton Sock case!

I didn't know what was in the boxes!

"I didn't show any documents per se!"

Maybe they stuffed documents in after the RAID!

My 4th Amendment rights!

He steamrolls Bret, but unlike Kaitlyn Collins, Bret gives him a (slightly) harder time. Mr. Zero Accountability strikes again. He's gotta hold on through getting the nomination. If we get a call from a pollster, we will be adamant: TRUMP OR BUST! And HELL NO to mail-in and early voting, we're with Lindell 100%.

There's a long bit about him arguing with Bret that he massively won the 2020 election. Bret isn't having it but Donald is stuck on stupid. Then, cued this up -- Bret makes him listen to all his former top officials who aren't supporting and/or running against him. He says now he knows Washington probably better than anybody. Bret reads his quote from 2016 that he promised "only the best people". It's a funny bit.

(I'm still looking for a musician who can put the Fox News theme in a minor key. It's only a few seconds and here: https://www.televisiontunes.com/fox_new ... _news.html)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:21 am "I didn't show any documents per se!"
I mean, it was just a stack of papers, not documents, c'mon man!

:roll:

I would say "some mother's children, alas", but by Trumpian/MAGA/birther logic, Trump has never proven his mother was not an orangutan. As a former Bill Maher fan who gave the guy up years ago when he also jumped the shark, I still give him credit for this as the last gasp of his worth to the public discourse.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:08 am
orlylicious wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:21 am "I didn't show any documents per se!"

I would say "some mother's children, alas", but by Trumpian/MAGA/birther logic, Trump has never proven his mother was not an orangutan. As a former Bill Maher fan who gave the guy up years ago when he also jumped the shark, I still give him credit for this as the last gasp of his worth to the public discourse.
Agree about Maher. And anecdotally, my friend's husband has been a Maher fan for years. The worse Maher got, the more right wing her husband got. Correlation is not causation and all that, but it has been interesting to watch.

Hi Ben!
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:15 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:08 am

Agree about Maher. And anecdotally, my friend's husband has been a Maher fan for years. The worse Maher got, the more right wing her husband got. Correlation is not causation and all that, but it has been interesting to watch.

Hi Ben!
Hey there, Sugar! I think the Maher thing is an interesting Overton Window corollary, actually.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I have learned my one new thing for the day.Never heard of the Overton window but I now know what it is. Thanks!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Crooks and Liars: Hello 911? Fox News Bret Braier Murdered Donald Trump on TV

The story has ninja'd above, but this was the best headline about the interview. Short and sweet.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:21 am Here's the Part 1 Interview. He's still stuck on his 2016 talking points, rambling, lying and denying. It's about 2:20 when they get to the Indicateds. He's nuts and after all, is 77.

Excuses include (there's lots more, if you watch it please add to the list): :lol:

Biden, Clinton, Bush, Obama did it too!

Clinton Sock case!

I didn't know what was in the boxes!

"I didn't show any documents per se!"

Maybe they stuffed documents in after the RAID!

My 4th Amendment rights!
Yeah, it was a map. So maybe not a document “per se.” :roll:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I am interested in hearing the eventual testimony about the Iran document. Because if you read the indictment, it sure does suggest strongly that he actually showed them a document. One of them responds "wow" to a statement where Trump doesn't actually say what's in the document, but he says "look at this". To me that sounds as if he's actually showing them something. But that won't mean anything at all in court if none of the four people in the room say he actually showed them a document or that he appeared to be reading from a document he was holding in front of him.

None of the four people who were present regarding the Iran document appears in any way to be involved in anything else other than that they apparently either looked at or were given classified information without having any clearance. So, I don't see where any of them would be willing to lie for Trump's sake. I think it's possible they could be charged if they had understood the document was classified prior to looking at it. That may not apply here. But if it does, that would likely be the only thing they did regarding Trump's crimes and it seems it would be in their best interest to testify as to Trump showing them the document if that is what actually happened.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”