Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

not Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Wait, Dennis Montgomery, bless his heart, as far as I know has scammed money from:
  • the CIA (that got him in Playboy)
  • Shurf Joe Arpiehole
  • Mike (the Clown) Zullo
  • Mike (the Pillow Pusher) Lindell
  • a whole passel of other disreputable ne'er-do-wells.
That man is a great hero to many of us, and it's very unfair to criticize him! Sniff, sniff, boo hoo! :violin: :crying:

He is like Robin Hood, he steals from bad people and gives it to ... himself, of course.
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:09 am
Off Topic
Aww, Dennis Montgomery merits at least a stake through the heart.

At an appropriate time, of course.
I don't know, you have to admire the guy.

He's pulled off some amazing scams where I have zero sympathy for the victims.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:20 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:09 am
Off Topic
Aww, Dennis Montgomery merits at least a stake through the heart.

At an appropriate time, of course.
I don't know, you have to admire the guy.

He's pulled off some amazing scams where I have zero sympathy for the victims.
And all while being on his deathbed for the last decade or two! :clap: :clap:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Shurf Joe Arpiehole (snicker)
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Back to the case.

Can someone explain this to me?

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... 86-037.pdf

Did she sue the judge?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Also...

So much for oral arguments on Jan 24

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 220779.PDF

I note that on the docket that they have already changed Hobbs to Fontes as SoS.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Republican Accountability Project @AccountableGOP wrote: Katie Hobbs is inaugurated today, but Kari Lake is still at it: "Katie Hobbs was not duly elected. Everybody in the state knows that. And she can play house and play Governor for a while, but eventually the truth is going to catch up and we will win."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wait, why does the video still shot say "Gubernatorial Candidate"?

She's either duly elected governor or not. The election is over.

Take a stand, Real America's Voice. Don't be wishy-washy. :boxing: :fingerwag:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:26 am Back to the case.

Did she sue the judge?
Not following this case, and only glanced at that filing, but if Lake or someone else has filed a petition for a writ of mandamus, this is likely normal in Arizona practice.

Traditionally a petition for a writ of mandamus is directed against the lower court judge, who would be styled the respondent or defendant. In federal practice this was changed in 1996 so that petitions for mandamus are now styled "In re [name of petitioner]. See Rule 21 of the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure.

The notes to the 1996 revisions to Rule 21 explained the change as follows:
Notes of Advisory Committee on Rules—1996 Amendment
In most instances, a writ of mandamus or prohibition is not actually directed to a judge in any more personal way than is an order reversing a court's judgment. Most often a petition for a writ of mandamus seeks review of the intrinsic merits of a judge's action and is in reality an adversary proceeding between the parties. See, e.g., Walker v. Columbia Broadcasting System, Inc., 443 F.2d 33 (7th Cir. 1971). In order to change the tone of the rule and of mandamus proceedings generally, the rule is amended so that the judge is not treated as a respondent. The caption and subdivision (a) are amended by deleting the reference to the writs as being “directed to a judge or judges.”
Presumably the Arizona courts are still using the traditional style.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

chancery wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:03 pm
Chilidog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:26 am Back to the case.

Did she sue the judge?
Not following this case, and only glanced at that filing, but if Lake or someone else has filed a petition for a writ of mandamus, this is likely normal in Arizona practice.

Traditionally a petition for a writ of mandamus is directed against the lower court judge, who would be styled the respondent or defendant. In federal practice this was changed in 1996 so that petitions for mandamus are now styled "In re [name of petitioner]." See Rule 21 of the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure.

The notes to the 1996 revisions to Rule 21 explained the change as follows:
Notes of Advisory Committee on Rules—1996 Amendment
In most instances, a writ of mandamus or prohibition is not actually directed to a judge in any more personal way than is an order reversing a court's judgment. Most often a petition for a writ of mandamus seeks review of the intrinsic merits of a judge's action and is in reality an adversary proceeding between the parties. See, e.g., Walker v. Columbia Broadcasting System, Inc., 443 F.2d 33 (7th Cir. 1971). In order to change the tone of the rule and of mandamus proceedings generally, the rule is amended so that the judge is not treated as a respondent. The caption and subdivision (a) are amended by deleting the reference to the writs as being “directed to a judge or judges.”
Presumably the Arizona courts are still using the traditional style.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:55 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:50 pm Which raises the question: when Dennis moves on to to the great grift in the ground, does that get reported in the Dead Birthers thread? Never struck me as a true birther, just grifting the grifters.
Since Popes can now retire, maybe they can loan the hammer to Montgomery's family for when he dies. Watching them hit him in the head may be the only way I would believe he died.

Until then, I won't be announcing anything about him in the dead birthers thread.
If the Pope won't let us borrow the very elegant solid gold 2 Oz. hammer they use to see if the Bishop of Rome has assumed room temperature, I have a perfectly servicable cast iron 24 oz. ball peen hammer that will probably work. :thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:50 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:50 pm Which raises the question: when Dennis moves on to to the great grift in the ground, does that get reported in the Dead Birthers thread? Never struck me as a true birther, just grifting the grifters.
Since Popes can now retire, maybe they can loan the hammer to Montgomery's family for when he dies. Watching them hit him in the head may be the only way I would believe he died.

Until then, I won't be announcing anything about him in the dead birthers thread.
If the Pope won't let us borrow the very elegant solid gold 2 Oz. hammer they use to see if the Bishop of Rome has assumed room temperature, I have a perfectly servicable cast iron 24 oz. ball peen hammer that will probably work. :thumbsup:
I have a short-handled five pound sledge hammer that they are welcome to.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:50 pm ... I have a perfectly servicable cast iron 24 oz. ball peen hammer that will probably work. :thumbsup:
Is it pure peen, or only 14 karat peen?

:blackeyebig: Yes I will go sit in the corner now.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I have a 12" cast iron skillet that would work too.
much ado

Post by much ado »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:08 pm

I have a 12" cast iron skillet that would work too.
Does that require two hands, or do you use it with just one?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

No, sugar, don't give up your iron skillet!!!!!! It's the best place to cook cornbread!!! :nooo:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: "I didn’t get into this to go, ‘Oh, I’m going to work my way up the ladder & move into bigger political positions.’ I don’t want to be a politician. I want to get in & root out corruption secure our border, & turn our elections around so that everyone can be certain of their vote

"If they’re trying to dangle over me the ‘you’re-not-going-to-have-a-political-future because of this…’ I don’t care.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:50 pm If the Pope won't let us borrow the very elegant solid gold 2 Oz. hammer they use to see if the Bishop of Rome has assumed room temperature, I have a perfectly servicable cast iron 24 oz. ball peen hammer that will probably work. :thumbsup:
Off Topic
*sigh* See how people cling to untruths? I'm at the depression stage of correcting people about this, but people still chatter away as though I haven't said anything and even fight back on me, simply because they want to keep their image of stupid shit happening in the Vatican.

On the plus side I spent today reading about the history of Stethoscopes. First crude ones indented in 1848 or thereabouts. Before then, there was no non lethal method of checking what was going on inside the body.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:02 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:50 pm If the Pope won't let us borrow the very elegant solid gold 2 Oz. hammer they use to see if the Bishop of Rome has assumed room temperature, I have a perfectly servicable cast iron 24 oz. ball peen hammer that will probably work. :thumbsup:
Off Topic
*sigh* See how people cling to untruths? I'm at the depression stage of correcting people about this, but people still chatter away as though I haven't said anything and even fight back on me, simply because they want to keep their image of stupid shit happening in the Vatican.

On the plus side I spent today reading about the history of Stethoscopes. First crude ones indented in 1848 or thereabouts. Before then, there was no non lethal method of checking what was going on inside the body.
Wait.

So you're telling me that don't need to go down and whack George Pell on the head with my trusty Canadian log-splitter?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

keith wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:44 am Wait.

So you're telling me that don't need to go down and whack George Pell on the head with my trusty Canadian log-splitter?
Well you don't NEED to... but it might be the best to. Just in case.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:39 pm No, sugar, don't give up your iron skillet!!!!!! It's the best place to cook cornbread!!! :nooo:

FIFY

A cast iron skillet is like bacon, it goes with everything. You can cook ice cream in a cast iron skillet.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:02 pm
Off Topic

I have a nasty habit of writing replies before I read to the end, and I didn't know about them not using the little hammer anymore. Besides, my joke doesn't work with a stethoscope.

Forgive me. :bag:

much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:03 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:39 pm No, sugar, don't give up your iron skillet!!!!!! It's the best place to cook cornbread!!! :nooo:

FIFY

A cast iron skillet is like bacon, it goes with everything. You can cook ice cream in a cast iron skillet.
Even I can create a masterpiece in a cast iron skillet, seriously...

And wife ado uses it for cornbread.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:07 am I have a nasty habit of writing replies before I read to the end, and I didn't know about them not using the little hammer anymore. Besides, my joke doesn't work with a stethoscope.

Forgive me. :bag:
That's ok. I wrote indented instead of invented, which is a crime against... copyediting. *hellish screams*
Hic sunt dracones
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Danraft wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:03 pm Thank you for changing the title.
She was never governor.
Yes but the wrong part of the title was changed.

The sub forum is "Elections 2022 > Governors & State Elections". This topic is about the election for "Arizona Governor" so that part is was right. So probably it should be "Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee and sore loser" or similar.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”