bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bill_g »

Floriduh - The Dumbshine State
neeneko

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by neeneko »

What I find fascinating is that 'slitting throats' is something you use to describe actions you should not or are prohibited from taking... not actions that 'need to be taken', but actions that are bad ideas yet benefit you personally.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

I read a new poll earlier today that would suggest people are doing just that. Sorry I don’t have the link but, at the time, I couldn’t get on the ‘bow, so it slipped past.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by neonzx »

https://www.nalc.org/news/nalc-updates/ ... -employees

President Brian L. Renfroe’s statement on Gov. DeSantis’ violent threat against federal employees
Last week at a campaign event in New Hampshire, presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said about federal employees, “we are going to start slitting throats on Day One” as a way to combat the “deep state.”

NALC President Brian L. Renfroe issued the following statement in response to DeSantis’ remarks:

“Gov. DeSantis’ violent threat against federal employees is appalling, shocking, disturbing and should alarm every single American. Our members, and all federal employees, have devoted their working lives to public service and do not deserve to be subject to violent threats and assaults, especially from politicians. Gov. DeSantis’ rhetoric would be extremely dangerous at any time, but is particularly disgraceful at a time when letter carriers are increasingly being targeted by violent criminals.

Letter carriers have been named the most trusted federal employees in a variety of public polls, for many years running. Unfortunately, we continue to see an increase in violent assaults and crimes against letter carriers. Every day our members, who are federal employees dutifully performing their jobs delivering paychecks, medications, ballots and other essential mail, are being targeted in communities across the country.

During the pandemic, letter carriers never stopped working, keeping our nation connected during dangerous and uncertain times and delivering household items so tens of millions of Americans could shelter safely at home. As Americans received more packages and stimulus checks in the mail, violent criminals started targeting our members, a disturbing trend that has only continued.

In just the last several days, a letter carrier was shot in Chicago, and others were robbed in San Francisco and Toledo, OH, just to cite a few incidents. Tragically, we lost our Brother Aundre Cross, who was shot in the back while delivering the mail in Milwaukee last year. These are not isolated incidents. They are happening nationwide in communities everywhere.

Every attack against a letter carrier, or any federal employee, is heartbreaking, traumatic and completely unacceptable. NALC calls on federal prosecutors to prioritize these cases and prosecute every one of these crimes to the fullest extent of the law. We must get the message out that any crime against a federal employee is intolerable and that perpetrators will be punished.

With this in mind, it is incomprehensible that a governor seeking the highest office in our country would call for violence against public servants. Perhaps Gov. DeSantis has forgotten that any crime against an on-duty federal employee is a federal crime with severe consequences. His harmful threats of violence are criminal, will only exacerbate an existing problem, and have no place in elected office or our society.

Letter carriers are the eyes and ears of every community in the country. We go above and beyond keeping an eye out for our customers every day. In May, a letter carrier was on his route when he interrupted an assailant violently assaulting staffers in Rep. Gerry Connolly’s district office in Virginia. Letter carriers perform lifesaving actions like this every day.

Gov. DeSantis’ harsh threats are out of line and should not be overlooked. We demand that Gov. DeSantis immediately retract this dangerous statement and apologize to the over 280,000 city letter carriers NALC represents, as well as millions of other public servants of the federal government who have dedicated their working lives to serving the people of the United States.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

That was one of Desantis most stupid ramblings. For one, the top tier are appointed and he anyhow would get to replace a cadre of 4000+ department heads and secretaries. IIRC the former guy had trouble finding all those worker for a couple of years, and then needed to use temproary staff without Congress approval. As for the lower levels (the Deep State that is haunting him in his dreams?) they have some protected status and cannot just be fired from one day to the other. Also too they are the knowledge workers that keep the bureaucracy running smoothly. Their knowhow cannot be replaced by anyone taken off the streets, far less from the Republican buddy system.
pipistrelle

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

The point is to eliminate the bureaucracy and all that goes with it. Like pension and disability checks. And health care.

They want as dysfunctional a state as possible and absolute power.

And IMO that quip should have immediately disqualified him and had the FBI at his door.
Kendra

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting the campaign manager was just replaced.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Over-under on the title of the first campaign autopsy report to be written?

I'm going with "Pudd'nhand Wilson". I think that it both captures the lowbrow of the insults and calls back to Woodrow Wilson having been a Southern Democrat before the flipping of the parties and a horrible racist.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

DeSantis pledges to support tfg, should he get the nomination.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

DeSantis’ Iowa Stop Derailed by ‘Pudding Fingers’ Hecklers

Erik Uebelacker Breaking News Intern
Published Aug. 11, 2023 7:43PM EDT

A pair of protesters interrupted Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign stop Friday morning, shouting for him to, “Go back to Florida, pudding fingers” as the presidential hopeful stepped off his bus in Iowa. The hecklers, identified as Heather Ryan and Kara Ryan, repeated the chant through a bull horn and rang a cowbell as DeSantis made rounds with the locals. At one point, the duo squared off with supporters, one of whom appeared to try to grab the bullhorn and intimidate the women into leaving the rally. DeSantis tried to deliver a statement amidst the chaos, but the determined protesters drowned him out. The infamous “pudding fingers” remark originated from a March rumor—first reported by The Daily Beast—that DeSantis once ate pudding using three fingers instead of the customary spoon.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/desantis- ... s-hecklers
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Volkonski »

DeSantis couldn't handle just 2 hecklers?

Heaven help him if he ever encounters Statler and Waldorf. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bill_g »

In Floriduh he would have them arrested under the new law* prohibiting citizens from openly criticizing an elected official. Outside of Floriduh he has to put his social teflon on.

Note: I think that law passed. Maybe Floridians actually grew a soul and stopped it from becoming law.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

There’s so much crap going on down here I had completely forgotten about the Florida blogger bill. I haven’t heard anything about it recently. Even Newt Gingrich criticized it, so maybe they quietly swept it under a rug. If anyone has any more recent information, I’d love to read about it. Everything I found was dated last spring.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:15 am There’s so much crap going on down here I had completely forgotten about the Florida blogger bill. I haven’t heard anything about it recently. Even Newt Gingrich criticized it, so maybe they quietly swept it under a rug. If anyone has any more recent information, I’d love to read about it. Everything I found was dated last spring.
This is SB1316.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1316
Last Action: 5/5/2023 Senate - Died in Judiciary
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Good riddance.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Luke »

DeSantis' SuperPAC posted hundreds of pages of strategy documents.

Defend Trump and ‘Hammer’ Ramaswamy: DeSantis Allies Reveal Debate Strategy
August 17, 2023
Story at: https://dnyuz.com/2023/08/17/defend-tru ... -strategy/

When the story came out, the removed the document attached here, it's his instructions for the GOP Debate.
Attachments
GRD.pdf
(336.54 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

That sounds like a really stupid strategy. He would be better off insisting that no-one is above the law and that he is confident that the justice system will get to the truth, whatever it is. Then stop talking about the Pumpkin.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Foggy »

Defend Trump
Brilliant strategy. This is five-dimensional chess. 8-)

Zero percent chance of him losing the debate. :girlbutt:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

IMG_5569.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg (357.67 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Luke »

Posted about RDS' debate performance in the 2024 general presidential topic.

But this clip is insane. RDS literally wrote a Democratic attack ad in his interview with Hannity. His position of ignoring federalism and planning to fire state prosecutors because he says so, is outrageous. Of course MAGAts love it. But you can be sure, maybe even if RDS isn't the nominee, this clip will be used. Major unforced error. There were a lot of them at the debate. So sad. :(
Bill Mitchell @mitchellvii 10m
This is awesome from DeSantis. He is the only one on that stage who has really fought the deepstate and won!

Quote DeSantis War Room 🐊 @DeSantisWarRoom 8h
HANNITY: “I was glad you did fire those two [Soros-backed] prosecutors that refused to do their job.”
@RonDeSantis: “We need that nationally. These cities are war zones and it’s all because of leftist ideology…I’m going to clean it up as president.”
Um, HOW?

If you can view a tweet check out this short clip. Nuts!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
W. Kevin Vicklund

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:48 am IMG_5569.jpeg
Damned windmills!
shannon
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by shannon »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:57 am Posted about RDS' debate performance in the 2024 general presidential topic.

But this clip is insane. RDS literally wrote a Democratic attack ad in his interview with Hannity. His position of ignoring federalism and planning to fire state prosecutors because he says so, is outrageous. Of course MAGAts love it. But you can be sure, maybe even if RDS isn't the nominee, this clip will be used. Major unforced error. There were a lot of them at the debate. So sad. :(
It makes sense when you understand that desantis is a full metal fascist. TFG and most of the rest of the GOP are openly authoritarian, but desantis, as seen in everything from his marginalizing minorities and taking away people's rights, his takeover of New College, his war on Disney, his restarting the Florida State Guard and turning it into a (literally brown-shirted) militia, and his reforms to make it easier to sentence people to the death penalty, show someone who wants to turn Florida - and the United States - into a single party totalitarian regime.

In his view, the only legitimate citizens are those who support the party. All else are, at best, misguided. As for minorities, the LBGTQ+ community and others, they're "life unworthy of life", and need to be driven out or destroyed.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Ron’s political career could be made or broken over this hurricane season. Idalia could hit the gulf coast as, as of 11 eastern, a level three hurricane, upgraded from storm, one, and then two. I believe the reason he won reelection so handily was the perception of his great response to Ian last year. Of course, none of those yahoos realized that the money he was spreading around originally came from FEMA/the Biden administration.

As of this posting, Neon and I are south of expected landfall but they said that about Ian last year and we ended up being Ground Zero. I’m going to start putting up shutters today.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “US President”