Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Former WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and all the days of his scandals

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Why Did Mark Meadows Register to Vote at an Address Where He Did Not Reside?

Post by Slim Cognito »

Change approved.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Why Did Mark Meadows Register to Vote at an Address Where He Did Not Reside?

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Why Did Mark Meadows Register to Vote at an Address Where He Did Not Reside?

Post by Kendra »

I respect the decision but disagree with the analysis.

North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein said there isn’t sufficient evidence to warrant prosecution of Trump's former Chief of Staff https://huffpost.com/entry/mark-meadows ... mg00000004 # via
@HuffPostPol
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thread title changed from just the voting irregularities that began this thread. Title suggestions are welcome.

New:

NEWS: An ally of Mark Meadows has been charged with a felony campaign finance violation, according to new court papers.

Meadows and Trump endorsed Lynda Bennett to succeed Meadows in the House before she lost to Madison Cawthorn.

w/
@joshgerstein
A family friend of Mark Meadows has been charged with accepting an illegal campaign contribution during an ill-fated 2020 run to succeed the former Trump White House chief of staff in Congress, according to newly-released court papers.

Lynda Bennett, who lost in a 2020 Republican primary campaign to Madison Cawthorn, accepted a contribution from a family member totaling at least $25,000, according to charging paperwork filed by prosecutors. That contribution was given “in the name of another person,” according to the papers, signed by U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves and Corey Amundson, chief of the Justice Department’s Public Integrity Section.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I think that tfg found a willing stooge in Meadows, got him to do many many bad things, and this is just the tip of the iceberg for him.

Remember ANOM? I don’t know about you but I lmao when I first heard about it and promptly forgot about it.
The ANOM (also stylized as AN0M or ΛNØM) sting operation (known as Operation Trojan Shield (stylized TRØJAN SHIELD) or Operation Ironside) is a collaboration by law enforcement agencies from several countries, running between 2018 and 2021, that intercepted millions of messages sent through the supposedly secure smartphone-based messaging app ANOM. The ANOM service was widely used by criminals, but instead of providing secure communication, it was actually a trojan horse covertly distributed by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Australian Federal Police (AFP), enabling them to monitor all communications.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANOM

The ransom wear collective HIVE was caught because of ANOM. McGonigal’s arrest? Yup, ANOM.

Meadows and the rest can run but they can’t hide.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:homophone:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

ransom wear ;)

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:15 pm:homophone:
I scrolled up to see what I had posted. Oh, it wasn't me this time.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/mark-m ... ng-in-book
The publisher of Mark Meadows' book "The Chief's Chief" filed a lawsuit in Sarasota, FL Circuit Court today for making numerous false statements in the book.

All Seasons Press is asking for the $350,000 advance they paid to Meadows, $600,000 in additional compensatory damages for expenses, and $1 million in reputational damages suffered by the company for their association with Meadows.

The lawsuit alleges that the publisher expressed concerns with lies in the book very early on and withheld installments that were supposed to be paid even after being threatened by Meadows' attorneys.

The company alleges that once news broke that Meadows was cooperating with prosecutors on October 24, sales bottomed out and the book only sold 60,000 copies. The company based the advance it paid to Meadows on anticipated sales of at least 200,000 copies.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

https://www.politicususa.com/2023/12/15 ... court.html

Meadows wanted to move his GA case from state to federal court, saying he was a federal officer. His hearing in front of the 5th cir panel was today. This publication thinks it doesn't look good for him based on this from Pryor (who was AG of AL and super duper conservative):
During the arguments, Pryor pointed to one section of the removal statute that says nothing about “former” federal officials being able to transfer criminal cases out of state courts. That section applies only to current federal officials, he said.

And Pryor said there may have been a reason why Congress did not include former federal officials in the removal statute.

“It might well be that Congress could rationally assume that there’s a heightened reason for removal, where you’re dealing with a current officer, because it involves ongoing operations of the federal government,” Pryor said. “… That heightened concern might not exist where you have a a former officer because it doesn’t involve the ongoing operations of the government.”
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Just to clarify this is an appeal by Meadows. He already lost his case to remove in federal district court. Sounds like he will lose on appeal too.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:40 pm Just to clarify this is an appeal by Meadows. He already lost his case to remove in federal district court. Sounds like he will lose on appeal too.
Thank you, yes. This saga has been going so long and there are so many characters in this drama! This should be the end of the road for him. He'll be on the midnight train to Georgia.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

🕵️ How Mark Meadows Became the Least Trusted Man in Washington: The untold story of the rise and fall of Trump’s former chief of staff — and his role in the prosecutions that may determine the 2024 election. Robert Draper interviewed dozens of people for his 6,800-word, nine-page New York Times Magazine cover story.

GIFT LINK (No paywall): https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/08/maga ... AIlY0zbjPp
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What a weasel
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:26 am What a weasel
Yes.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

It was a great read, but there's nothing surprising at all in there. I've known so many of those folks like him: they say whatever the person in front of them wants to hear, even if they say the exact opposite 5 minutes later to someone else. They lie like they breathe. He lucked out in being in real estate right when Cashiers was exploding. It's a very nice little town, but now it's become a place for rich people 2nd home and locals are getting priced out (like a lot of place in WNC). I guess I'm one of them because I do have a second home in WNC, but I bought it in the early 2000s and it's not fancy.

But Meadows - he's one of my most hated characters after shithead himself. I have not read Hutchinson's book Enough, so I don't know if she spills any tea on him but certainly she saw what a disgusting liar and morally bankrupt person he is. And that line from his wife on Air Force One! Holy delusional ambition, Batman!

The worst part of this is that everything seems to slide off him, slippery eel that he is. I hope he gets nailed in the GA case.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

such a smarmy asshole
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:16 pm such a smarmy asshole
Well said.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”