Hijack This Thread

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani

Post by Lani »

IMG_2699.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg (30.93 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hey! Where is the drunk tank? Why isn't there one any more?

Not drunk, just looking for the quiet place where we can post without outsiders.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Is there any way to mute threads I'm not interested in following so I don't have to open them up each time they surface on Unread Posts and scroll to the end to get it off my list?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Lani wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:22 amIMG_2699.jpg
:like:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:19 am Is there any way to mute threads I'm not interested in following so I don't have to open them up each time they surface on Unread Posts and scroll to the end to get it off my list?
AFAIK there isn't, but the action you describe ("scroll to the end") makes me wonder if you realise that clicking on the little round icon on the left of the text takes you to the first unread post in that topic. Most times that will be on the last page of the topic and clicking your browser's "back" button returns to the unread topics list.

Having written that, it occurs to me that you can do the same by clicking the last page number below the topic description and the back button, without the need to check whether it is the last page. I think that would mark the topic as read.

I find it's ok for me to just scroll the unread topics list, clicking a few, then when I've finished click "Mark all threads read".

It would be neat to have the facility you describe! I'm sure we all find different topics irritating – I'm completely indifferent to squee cooing about pets, especially anthropomorphic babbling, but clearly plenty of Fogfolk enjoy that!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Lani wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:22 amIMG_2699.jpg
:lol:
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:46 am It would be neat to have the facility you describe! I'm sure we all find different topics irritating – I'm completely indifferent to squee cooing about pets, especially anthropomorphic babbling, but clearly plenty of Fogfolk enjoy that!
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try 'em out and see which one works best :D
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:46 am It would be neat to have the facility you describe! I'm sure we all find different topics irritating – I'm completely indifferent to squee cooing about pets, especially anthropomorphic babbling, but clearly plenty of Fogfolk enjoy that!
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try 'em out and see which one works best :D
When you're done reading what you want, Board Index, Mark all posts forums read. Poof!

(Edited for strike-through.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I once, long ago, installed a modification (they were called modifications back then, this was 10 years ago or more) that would allow you to place a thread on "ignore". It wasn't a tested-by-the-phpBB-team approved mod, and it done broke the forum and I had to scramble to get us back up and running. The famous atomic physicist Neils Bohr said, "An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." So I learned from the experience.

Now they're called extensions, not modifications, and there isn't one that does anything like ignore a thread. AndyinPA has the answer: Read whatever you want, then click on "Board Index" somewhere and then "Mark forums read". That will take them off your Unread list, but they'll still show up on Active Topics, of course.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

FB_IMG_1650129953574.jpg
FB_IMG_1650129953574.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 557 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:28 pm FB_IMG_1650129953574.jpg
Ugggghhhh...I hate Romeo & Juliet...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

My brother sent me this:

E4D374A1-E435-42DA-9F31-273288BB1037.jpeg
E4D374A1-E435-42DA-9F31-273288BB1037.jpeg (56.81 KiB) Viewed 517 times
That boy ain’t right. :nope:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Serial killers and aliens on chocolate bunnies. Only on the Fogbow! :lol:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Now we enter that time of year for me when Christ rises and I collapse.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Busy week!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:58 pm :lol:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/invest ... abbcdd7dad
Multnomah County commissioners voted unanimously Thursday to ban the public display of human remains for profit. The proposed ordinance comes after a controversial event where people paid hundreds of dollars to watch a live autopsy of a human cadaver in a hotel conference room.

The autopsy, organized by a media company called Death Science, was part of the Oddities & Curiosities Expo held in Portland in October.

According to a Facebook post advertising the Death Science class, attendees could watch a full forensic autopsy or anatomical dissection of a real human cadaver. Tickets started at $250 each, with VIP seats going for $500.

Multnomah County’s chief medicolegal death investigator, Kimberly DiLeo tried to stop the live autopsy before it happened, but police and prosecutors told DiLeo, as the law was written, there was nothing they could do.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

It might be time for a Nate Silver is the Most Tone Deaf Dude on Twitter thread.

Till then, here's his latest. Vis a vis the striking down of airline mask mandates in Florida.

Stick with the numbers, Nate.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

How about the appointment of someone who is rated unqualified? Only one party seems to do it. :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Nate Silver doesn't see the role of experience in judgment. That explains a lot.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “General Stuff”