Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Post by raison de arizona »

It's not Biden.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Re: Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:19 am Future generations living in caves, eating roots, and fighting over firewood are going to wonder what happened to all those resources mentioned in the old stories.
Abbot out assholed Ron DeSantis to make Texas a bigger Florida.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

Post by tek »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:00 pm It's not Biden.
This.

Dems need to go all-hands-on-deck to lay this at Abbot's feet/wheels. This is 100% theatrics with real-world consequences.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:12 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:19 am Future generations living in caves, eating roots, and fighting over firewood are going to wonder what happened to all those resources mentioned in the old stories.
Abbot is showing real promise in stealing the dickiest gov trophy from DeSantis but that's only because DeSantis does not have a land border. If he had, he would have done this much earlier.

If Stacy Abrams wins the Georgia governor race, DeSantis will do the same border BS but with the Georgia border.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Texas Governor
@GregAbbott_TX
carries out his pledge to transport illegal migrants to Washington, DC. The bus pulled up right in front of the building that houses
@FoxNews
@NBCNews
and ⁦
@cspan
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

And the morons are cheering. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona

Funny how the bus pulled up right in front of Fox News. What were the chances of that?
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Fox needs janitors and grounds keepers, too. Meathead was just helping.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:01 am Funny how the bus pulled up right in front of Fox News. What were the chances of that?
Shirley just a coincidence. I did watch a good portion of the last hour of today's F&F. They mentioned numerous times the bus was thisclose to the Capitol. I don't recall any mention of the bus in front of Fox News DC.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:44 pm
Abbot is showing real promise in stealing the dickiest gov trophy from DeSantis but that's only because DeSantis does not have a land border. If he had, he would have done this much earlier.

If Stacy Abrams wins the Georgia governor race, DeSantis will do the same border BS but with the Georgia border.
DeSantis is gonna need a wheelchair to keep up. Hot Wheels Himmler just looks good Fasciitis-ing to the masses at Nuremberg on the Inter Coastal.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:51 am :snippity:

DeSantis is gonna need a wheelchair to keep up. Hot Wheels Himmler just looks good Fasciitis-ing to the masses at Nuremberg on the Inter Coastal.
I shouldn't have, but I :rotflmao: anyway....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Texas AG Ken Paxton says the quiet part loudly: “The governor has figured out we can stop trade along the border, slow it down, and it will create pressure on Mexico and some of their governors to work out a deal to help us with border security.”

Just blatantly unconstitutional.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: what basis in TX law does the police have to make inspections that CBP has not already done at the border? Can the repeat everything apart from just checking that the driver has the importation papers stamped.
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:24 pm Question: what basis in TX law does the police have to make inspections that CBP has not already done at the border? Can the repeat everything apart from just checking that the driver has the importation papers stamped.
Actually, they aren’t allowed to inspect the cargo at all. They are doing truck safety inspections.
tek

Post by tek »

TX can certainly do safety inspections.
They can probably check that the cargo matches the manifest.

But I'm not sure they can pass judgement on anything related to customs issues.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has repealed his traffic-clogging immigration order that backed up commercial trucks at the U.S.-Mexico border this week.

This comes after a week of intensifying backlash and fears of deepening economic losses.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Anybody think this could backfire for his campaign?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jessica: The point about the extra inspections, that is not a victory for Governor Abbott, it is an embarrassment what happened to him.. You guys sit here everyday and complain about inflation and the supply chain. What is Greg Abbott doing? He’s adding to it
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"it will create pressure" ..... as they just foung out .... on their own local economy.

I bet the WH just shoke all their heads annd moved on to the next point of their daily agenda :blackeye:

Return to “Current Politics”