Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

My daughter and her “man” moving to Tempe, Arizona

sad-cafe

My daughter and her “man” moving to Tempe, Arizona

Post by sad-cafe »

Did I mention I hate her latest guy? :oldman: :cantlook: :boxing: :brickwallsmall: :fingerwag:

Anyone ever been there? An insights?
Suranis

Re: My daughter and her “man” moving to Tempe, Arizona

Post by Suranis »

Well, I'm probably not the best person to advise but here goes.

Number one it is very important to keep lines of communications open.

Find out what she is moving. Is it his idea? Does she know people over there? Moving to a place where you know no-one could leave her in a very vulnerable position. Can she drive? Is she cant then she will be stuck in a place where she cant really leave.

Is it just that you don't get on with the man, or is it bad vibes?
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

Unless there are signs of danger, there's not much you can say or do about it. So keep the communication lines open. If anything, just wish her a great new adventure. If she decides Arizona is not for her, just tell her she always can change her mind and come home.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:48 pm Unless there are signs of danger, there's not much you can say or do about it. So keep the communication lines open. If anything, just wish her a great new adventure. If she decides Arizona is not for her, just tell her she always can change her mind and come home.
:yeahthat:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You can research domestic abuse groups in Tempe just in case. Just don't tell her. Lots of good info at https://www.acf.hhs.gov.

Keeping lines of communication open is the key. Third time saying it is a charm!

And go visit if you are able!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Thank you

It is just so hard.

I don't think her guy is any good but hubby feels he is.....

I jsut hate it and she isn't even going to teach next year.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Well, there is one commonality; the colors of the Cardinals are pretty close to the colors of the Chiefs. :bag:

I'll see myself out, now.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:30 pm Well, there is one commonality; the colors of the Cardinals are pretty close to the colors of the Chiefs. :bag:

I'll see myself out, now.
Do you need directions to the door good sir...?
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Not needed. I'm a surveyor and surveyors are never lost; just temporarily confused.

I know the way (I think) and will eventually recognize the door before nightfall.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:56 pm I jsut hate it and she isn't even going to teach next year.
Without being negative about the guy or off putting, you could talk to her about the dangers of not being financially independent. I would say that to anyone of either sex in any relationship. You cannot be entirely dependent on the other person. Things happen, sometimes beyond their control even when intentions are good.
Lani

Post by Lani »

One thing I know is that we just don't know what will happen. I've had many twists in my life. So sometimes things seemed to be horrible, but another option appeared. And then I was glad. Your daughter may not be happy with her partner at some point time, but another window will opened.

It's courageous to pack up & go to Arizona. The result of this change for her is unknown, but give it time.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Shit happens and sometimes you just have to bite a lip and keep going. My oldest son has a "woman" he met at a time of deep depression in his life. She had 4 children before they met and the only two she ever had custody of were taken by the courts and given to their paternal grandmother. Luckily she was fixed before my son came along and had fairly much straightened her life out. They never married but they've been together now for over 10 years and he's completely content with her and the life they have together so she is of course welcomed as family because I love my son and he loves her, so there it is.

Return to “Computers and Internet”