Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Solar Panels That Work At Night

John Thomas8

Solar Panels That Work At Night

Post by John Thomas8 »

Developed by researchers at Stanford University, the device could eventually eliminate the need for batteries to supply electricity after sunset.

https://www.courthousenews.com/new-sola ... nd%20night.

“The solar cell is a pretty good thermal emitter, meaning it likes to emit heat a bit at night,” said Sid Assawaworrarit, author of the study. Assawaworrarit explained that at night, the cell is cooler than the air around it. “That’s the property that in this work we used to generate electricity.”

The researchers “basically convert the difference in temperature into electricity” using a thermoelectric module, according to Assawaworrarit. When it has contact with both the colder solar cell and the warmer ambient environment, the module uses the temperature change between the cell and the air to generate voltage and current.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Solar Panels That Work At Night

Post by Frater I*I »

Seems they looked at the general theory of how a thermocouple works and went from there :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MAGIC!!!!!!!!

Is a thermocouple constitutional?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:59 am Is a thermocouple constitutional?
Not sure. It does sound like something you're not allowed to say in Florida schools.
101010 :towel:
June bug

Post by June bug »

northland10 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:09 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:59 am Is a thermocouple constitutional?
Not sure. It does sound like something you're not allowed to say in Florida schools.
:rimshot:

Return to “Climate Change”