TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:24 am That’s why his people follow him. You can get through life being a bloviating failure. You’ve no idea how inspirational that is.
All while representing the basest negativity of the human race....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by raison de arizona »

I wonder why they aren’t even posting his stupid statements there. I suppose it may be because there isn’t a big enough audience. I’m only number 311k and I still gots bupkis.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

David Nunes claims Truth Social is “opening the internet back up the way it was supposed to be.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:18 pm https:// twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1503157521711730688
David Nunes claims Truth Social is “opening the internet back up the way it was supposed to be.”
The way it was supposed to be??? Back in the days it essentially started as a mail service to keep researchers in touch. DARPA! So Nunes is now the new postmaster of the interwebs? :lol: And think the horror that of all a scientist created the first webpage and browser :lol:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:40 pm The way it was suposed to be??? Back in the days it essentially started as a mail service to keep researches in touch. DARPA! So Nunes is now the new postmaster of the interwebs? :lol: And think the horror that of all a scientist created the first webpage and browser :lol:
Heh. when I read that, my first thought was 'wait, the eternal september is finally ending and AOL will be taking its lost and befuddled masses back?'
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qvwayd/ ... got-online

It wasn't DARPA, it was colleges and universities (which Rethuglicans love to hate on) who built this out to the masses -- above was my introduction.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Funny thing, in my early days of playing around the internet, there were people called mods or sysops on the various BBS to moderate discussions and boot those who played badly. Of course, they have already stated that they will limit discussion. What a f****** liar.
101010 :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

northland10 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:23 pm Funny thing, in my early days of playing around the internet, there were people called mods or sysops on the various BBS to moderate discussions and boot those who played badly. Of course, they have already stated that they will limit discussion. What a f****** liar.
:callonme: I'm right here. And, yes, I did step in when things ran astray. My BBS so I paid all the bills.(8 phone lines) and all the hardware. My board, my rules.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I was a mod at FDL for a couple years. We would occasionally step in to cool tempers or toss trolls. Jane had only two verboten subjects: Israel and Israel. We tried to let discussions happen but within minutes they turned very nasty. We wanted discussion not war.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:29 pm
northland10 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:23 pm Funny thing, in my early days of playing around the internet, there were people called mods or sysops on the various BBS to moderate discussions and boot those who played badly. Of course, they have already stated that they will limit discussion. What a f****** liar.
:callonme: I'm right here. And, yes, I did step in when things ran astray. My BBS so I paid all the bills.(8 phone lines) and all the hardware. My board, my rules.
Same. Only 4 lines, though. In Gainesville, Florida. In fact, some of my hijinx were immortalized in a (now mostly forgotten) series of BBS-based parody fiction known as 'The DEAD Docs'. My character was literally named 'SysOp' in the first couple of installments.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:48 pm I was a mod at FDL for a couple years. We would occasionally step in to cool tempers or toss trolls. Jane had only two verboten subjects: Israel and Israel. We tried to let discussions happen but within minutes they turned very nasty. We wanted discussion not war.
Im assuming FDL is FireDogLake -- which was really good. But that wasn't a BBS however it was early infancy of the WWW.

BBS's were different because everyone was local -- dial-up modems, no long distance charges. And on mine, no fake names (even I used my real name). I confirmed everyone. And it self-policed mostly.

Not that I didn't encounter a share of occasional drama, including a murder-suicide I was involved in -- but I'm not going to share that here. Maybe I will stop in at the Zoom meet-up. :|
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d like to hear that story. I’m macabre that way. If you do, I will.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Was Compass Rose a BBS? That’s the one I have (limited) experience with.

During the pre-BBS time I was working at Western Union, who had just bought the Mail-o-gram company I worked at, Xonics, a tiny company where everyone essentially could do any job (except programming).
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:16 pm I’d like to hear that story. I’m macabre that way. If you do, I will.
Ugh, you may not want to hear it because it also involved a child (8yo) who died.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
When I was in high school, I knew someone who was murdered. All these years later, it always shocks me that I did, but I guess it's not really super unusual.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:33 pm
Off Topic
When I was in high school, I knew someone who was murdered. All these years later, it always shocks me that I did, but I guess it's not really super unusual.
Off Topic
In the summer between 3rd and 4th grade, a girl in my class was hiking with her family and fell to her death. I had experience with death, but it was all removed, my parents' friends, a distant grandparent, etc. It was my first real experience with the death of someone I personally knew as a peer. It affected me profoundly. It still does.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
My college roommate’s sister and her boyfriend were both part of our social circle. The boyfriend was killed in DC trying to fend off a guy trying to steal his girlfriend’s purse. Same year, a high school acquaintance was killed in the same way, but trying to help a stranger.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:48 pm I was a mod at FDL for a couple years.
You've been a mod here for a lot longer. I don't think I could ever do that. My patience is lacking for things like that.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Off Topic
I used to babysit a kid when he was around 8 or 9; at 17 he stabbed a homeless man to death as part of some stupid revenge plot with a couple of his prep school buddies.
Image Image Image Image
northland10

Post by northland10 »

BTW, sorry to take this back to the topic but I need to know if anybody has better resources for finding an irony meter that won't cause as much damage when they explode? Mr. Sue Anybody Who Mocks Him's claim about returning to the way the internet intended to be caused all my meters that somehow managed to escape the birther years to suddenly go nuclear.
raison de arizona

I’m 311k in the waiting list and still can’t get in all these weeks later. I hear the place is just empty, not even tfg is posting there.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:59 pm BTW, sorry to take this back to the topic but I need to know if anybody has better resources for finding an irony meter that won't cause as much damage when they explode? Mr. Sue Anybody Who Mocks Him's claim about returning to the way the internet intended to be caused all my meters that somehow managed to escape the birther years to suddenly go nuclear.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:Irony_meter

Best I can do good sir...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

northland10 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:59 pm BTW, sorry to take this back to the topic but I need to know if anybody has better resources for finding an irony meter that won't cause as much damage when they explode? Mr. Sue Anybody Who Mocks Him's claim about returning to the way the internet intended to be caused all my meters that somehow managed to escape the birther years to suddenly go nuclear.
You need to store them connected in parallel to withstand high grade irony impulses.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”