TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Kendra »

https://www.axios.com/truth-social-veri ... 6e4d7.html
Truth Social, Donald Trump's new social network, has verified an account for Nick Fuentes, who has been labeled a "white supremacist" in Justice Department filings, according to screenshots of the account shared with Axios.

Why it matters: The Trump-backed network is welcoming a figure barred by mainstream social media and shunned by some other conservative platforms, including Gettr, the app from former Trump aide Jason Miller.
:snippity:
One Twitter user noted that his account was permanently banned when he tried to register the user handle "@DevinNunesCow," a reference to a joke Twitter account that purported to be run by a cow owned by former Rep. Devin Nunes, who is currently the CEO of Truth Social. Nunes pursued an unsuccessful defamation lawsuit to get the account removed.
:snippity:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by raison de arizona »

My account is still backlogged and hasn't advanced at all, I'm like #300k in line. I wonder how many actual accounts they've managed to activate so far, I suspect it is a very small number.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I would sign up if'n I didn't have to give a phone number.

I still legit own RhodaGetsHerOats@gmail.com and misty.brume@gmail.com (brume means misty means foggy) and a few other choice ones, like neblighahn@gmail.com (fog rooster in German) and I don't remember all the others.

But if I have to give a phone number and get texts, never mind. :fingerwag:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

One of the Freepers today -
I got to the point where I was able to download the app and submit my email address for a login. I was told that a confirmation email would be sent and all I'd need to do would be respond and the process would be complete. It took five days for the email to arrive and by that time it had already expired. So some bugs still need to be worked out of the process.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Well it's a good thing it's been a slow news week, those people aren't missing out on anything important are they? :think:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
raison de arizona

Foggy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:43 pm I would sign up if'n I didn't have to give a phone number.

I still legit own RhodaGetsHerOats@gmail.com and misty.brume@gmail.com (brume means misty means foggy) and a few other choice ones, like neblighahn@gmail.com (fog rooster in German) and I don't remember all the others.

But if I have to give a phone number and get texts, never mind. :fingerwag:
I managed to get signed up without a phone number. It kept asking for one, but then it went through and put me on with just an email address :shrug: . I was planning on using a google voice number. FWIW. The sign up was all jacked up though, and it took me literally like twelve tries to get through.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Probably for the best if I don't join. I'd just waste time there. I'm trying to be more productive here. :blackeye:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Any time I have to supply a phone number to sign up for one of these things, I use the number for my county's GOP office.
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Except what if they send you a text and you're supposed to respond to activate your membership? Do you go down to the GOP in your county and ask if they got any texts you can respond to?

But there are other reasons for me not to join, so I won't join.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:00 pm Any time I have to supply a phone number to sign up for one of these things, I use the number for my county's GOP office.
I Use the Oakland, CA Morgue's number
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Post by bob »

Off Topic
Flatpoint High wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:37 pm I Use the Oakland, CA Morgue's number
What did the morgue do to you?
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

bob wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:48 pm
Off Topic
Flatpoint High wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:37 pm I Use the Oakland, CA Morgue's number
Off Topic
Preemptive strike?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

bob wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:48 pm
Off Topic
Nothing. the number doesn't do texting. Was even better for pesty drunk doods who wouldn't take "no you can't have my phone number"
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava, Flatpoint! Brava!!!!! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump's Truth Social accused of trying to build 'legitimacy' by creating fake accounts for major media networks: report

Tom Boggioni
February 27, 2022

According to a report from Axios, Donald Trump's new social media platform that has gotten off to a ragged start is creating fake accounts for major media organizations that cover sports in order to build up traffic and create a feeling of "legitimacy."

The report notes Truth Social has gone ahead and allowed extreme right-wing white nationalist Nick Fuentes set up an account, based on screenshots provided to Axios, and that accounts for ESPN and the NFL have also popped up -- but they appear to be "bot" accounts.

With Sara Fischer of Axios writing, the accounts "suggest the platform is trying to foster legitimacy," she added, "Truth Social displays accounts for various brands, including @NFL, @FoxSports, @ESPN and others. Sources confirm that none of those accounts were set up by the entities they claim to represent, although they are set up to look like they are real brand accounts, via links and logos.

According to Fischer, "There are 'BOT' labels on those accounts, which may suggest the Truth Social accounts are reposting content those brands have published on other social media sites."

You can read more details about doings at Truth Social here. https://www.axios.com/truth-social-veri ... 6e4d7.html

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-265680172
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:( Miki Booth needs to post more!

1 hour ago - Economy & Business
Trump's Truth Social bomb
Dan Primack

Former President Trump is blowing the launch of his new social media company, via a series of unforced errors.

Why it matters: The SPAC that agreed to take Truth Social public is valued at over $3.5 billion. At some point, investors will begin paying attention.

The big picture: Truth Social spent much of February in private beta with invited users, saying its public unveil would be Feb. 21 (President's Day, natch). The launch itself was buzzy, with Truth Social shooting to the top of Apple's App Store (there isn't yet an Android or web version).
But the vast majority of people downloading the app, me included, were given a waitlist number. Nine days later, most of us remain on that waitlist, with our number unchanged and without a word of communication from the company. A waitlist "refresh" icon doesn't work. As of this writing, Truth Social has fallen to No. 57 in the App Store, just behind Tinder and Planet Fitness Workouts.

Trump's role: The former president is Truth Social's founder and chairman, so he obviously bears some responsibility for putting together the team that's so far fallen on its face. But, most importantly, he's not using the app. Trump hasn't posted a single time since the launch, despite an international crisis that has captivated the country. Instead, he's given his comments to radio and TV hosts — including one this morning with Dominion conspiracy theorist Maria Bartiromo — plus via his CPAC speech. Had he limited, or at least prioritized, his reactions to Truth Social, it would have caused every media outlet to mention the app. Same would have applied to last night's State of the Union address. This is beginning to remind me a bit of Trump's 2013 foray into crowdfunding, via a site called FundAnything. At launch, Trump said that each week he'd contribute to new FundAnything campaigns and then promote those selections via his (then active) Twitter account. But he soon lost interest, and the site eventually folded. The difference between Truth Social and FundAnything, however, are those publicly traded SPAC securities.
And none of this even begins to address the ongoing investigation into the SPAC by federal securities regulators, or that the SPAC won't identify the investors behind $1 billion in contingent PIPE financing. Or that the SPAC sponsor's only other merger effort was a failure.

The bottom line: The SPAC's investment thesis seems to be that a large percentage of Trump's 88 million Twitter followers will migrate over to Truth Social. But nearly two weeks after launch, his dormant account has fewer than 80,000 followers. And Trump himself is largely to blame.
https://www.axios.com/trump-blowing-tru ... 4568c.html

You know it's bad when Catturd is losing interest! :lol:

Catturd Truth.jpg
Catturd Truth.jpg (37.65 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I don’t know any MAGAssholes so all that I’m hearing about it is from the press, and it occurred to me that they may have a filter that somehow filters out anything that smacks of blue. Or doubt. Or mockery. 🤪
raison de arizona

The Turd is right, they aren't letting anyone new in. I've been stuck in the same spot on the waitlist from day one. I excitedly check everyday to see if I'm in yet, but no bueno.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:58 am
1 hour ago - Economy & Business
Trump's Truth Social bomb

The big picture: Truth Social spent much of February in private beta with invited users, saying its public unveil would be Feb. 21 (President's Day, natch). The launch itself was buzzy, with Truth Social shooting to the top of Apple's App Store (there isn't yet an Android or web version).
But the vast majority of people downloading the app, me included, were given a waitlist number. Nine days later, most of us remain on that waitlist, with our number unchanged and without a word of communication from the company. A waitlist "refresh" icon doesn't work. As of this writing, Truth Social has fallen to No. 57 in the App Store, just behind Tinder and Planet Fitness Workouts.
Off Topic
This is making me remember a system I worked on years ago at a cable provider. They had a STB/account provisioning system that was based off state of the art designs.. a scalable system that could be deployed across a cloud environment with all sorts of replication and single purpose microserves all communicating using a messaging buss. In theory you could scale it to handle any load by adding the services that you needed to the regions that needed them and the nosql backend was fast and distributed.

In practice, if messages built up faster than services could handle them, eventually the buss would lock up. If you restarted the buss, the system would work for a while but it was built to not lose messages if it crashed, so it would have to load the backlog from save until it overloaded again. For business reasons we could not shut down the ingress points because it would mean service techs at install location could not complete their job, but if you restarted it and let the inputs progress, it would quickly seize up again. Ah.. so many Saturday mornings spend on voice chat rebooting whole clusters of VMs over and over....

I kinda picture the situation at trump media going about the same...
much ado

Post by much ado »

neeneko wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:16 pm
orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:58 am
Off Topic
This is making me remember a system I worked on years ago at a cable provider. They had a STB/account provisioning system that was based off state of the art designs.. a scalable system that could be deployed across a cloud environment with all sorts of replication and single purpose microserves all communicating using a messaging buss. In theory you could scale it to handle any load by adding the services that you needed to the regions that needed them and the nosql backend was fast and distributed.

In practice, if messages built up faster than services could handle them, eventually the buss would lock up. If you restarted the buss, the system would work for a while but it was built to not lose messages if it crashed, so it would have to load the backlog from save until it overloaded again. For business reasons we could not shut down the ingress points because it would mean service techs at install location could not complete their job, but if you restarted it and let the inputs progress, it would quickly seize up again. Ah.. so many Saturday mornings spend on voice chat rebooting whole clusters of VMs over and over....

I kinda picture the situation at trump media going about the same...
Interesting. But I bet it's actually worse.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

much ado wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:43 pm Interesting. But I bet it's actually worse.
Probably. We did have skilled people, teams in multiple time zones (so someone was covering issues at any time), multiple data centres, and a big enough budget we could do things like spin up complete copies of the multi-region production system in order to test topologies and configurations on. Ah, to actually have resources... damn I need to get back into industry.... *looks at the 50$/mo AWS bill that is actually a fight*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The Cow, Adam, and I were joking around on Twitter... sounds like the beginning of a bar joke :lol:

Cow Adam Orly.JPG
Cow Adam Orly.JPG (142.22 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

Meanwhile, the NRSC/Truth Social grifters keep sending ridiculous numbers of begging/threatening Tweets.
New text message from 55404 12:13 PM (5 hours ago)
Gold Patriot Status is the best way to show your support for TRUMP! Stop waiting, claim yours NOW: [redacted]

1:49 PM (4 hours ago) to me
Don't ignore Trump! Tell NRSC if you'd accept a follow request from him on HIS Social Media Platform, click HERE: http://nrsc.app/n3SICQ Stop2End

4:01 PM (1 hour ago) -- Imagine if your Grandparents got this calling them SHAMEFUL. They are disgusting.
SHAMEFUL: We've asked you 5 TIMES to support Trump's social media! Last chance,, tell NRSC if you'll join HERE: [redacted]

5:46 PM (6 minutes ago)
Orly, we NEED to know. Would you accept Trump's follow request on Truth Social? Tell NRSC here, FAST: [redacted]
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

OMG SO EXCITING!
The Emptiness Inside Donald Trump’s New Social Media Platform
I joined Truth Social. Why do I feel like the only one?

By RUBY CRAMER 03/05/2022 07:00 AM EST
Ruby Cramer is a senior staff writer at POLITICO Magazine.

Around 9:02 a.m. on Friday, an unexpected flash of purple appeared on my iPhone’s lock-screen. “Your wait is over! Tap here to start using Truth Social.” Tap I did, and inside the new social media platform created by the former president, I found a nearly exact dupe of Donald Trump’s first love, Twitter, the site that kicked him out more than a year ago. Jimmy Carter built houses with Habitat for Humanity. George W. Bush learned to paint. Barack Obama hung out with Bruce Springsteen. And Donald Trump, 45th president of the United States, created his own alternate online universe for the MAGA-loving, Big Tech-hating common man. After months of hype, the site was here — and it looked a lot like the thing it’s supposed to replace.

Inside Truth Social, everything once blue was now a bright, jewel-toned purple. Tweets, a.k.a. posts, were now “Truths.” Retweets were now “ReTruths,” capital T. And above my username, I saw the site’s default avatar: Twitter’s cream-colored egg icon, the image given to all new users, had apparently given birth to a proud purple eagle. The rest of the site appeared familiar: Replies were still replies. Likes were still likes. Direct messages, still in development, were still direct messages. And Donald Trump was still @realDonaldTrump — followed, as of this writing, by 140,000 people, a tiny fraction of his onetime total audience on Twitter. Only one Truth appeared on his page: “Get Ready! Your favorite President will see you soon!” he wrote two weeks ago, before the app’s launch. The Truth displayed 7,750 ReTruths, 30,500 likes and 4,700 replies. (Inexplicably, unlike replies on other user posts, none of the responses to Trump’s message were visible to me.) In my inbox, an unsigned email welcomed me to “our Truth Seeking community.” Most people are still awaiting entry to this purple-shaded landscape. Eleven days after its launch on Feb. 21, timed for the indistinct federal holiday that is President’s Day, I was welcomed to Donald Trump’s new online home after holding the 169,685th spot on the waitlist. (The line is hundreds of thousands of users long, according to other people waiting to get in.)

The site promises a safe space for “free expression,” encouraging of “all viewpoints,” according to the welcome email, “as we do not discriminate against political ideology.” But inside the app, digital tumbleweeds blew through my feed. The site is a bit slow, and a bit empty. Its stalled roll-out, led by Devin Nunes, the Trump supporter and former Republican congressman from California, has become a source of frustration and confusion in MAGA-world, according to my colleague Meridith McGraw. Republican lawmakers like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz and Kevin McCarthy already have accounts and appear to be posting similar or identical content to both Truth Social and Twitter, along with right-leaning platforms like Gettr and Parler. (Apparently, no one is quite ready to turn their backs on an actual audience yet.) But when they do finally get their welcome emails, the thousands of regular Trump fans still waiting in line, eager for their chance to search for truth, will find a Twitter knock-off with no immediately discernible improvement on the original — a vanity project that has yet to prove its utility.

Put simply, there isn’t much happening on the site. After setting up my profile under my name, a list of suggested users appeared on the screen: Donald Trump held the number one spot, followed by pages for Truth Social, the NFL, USA Military News, the Daily Mail, Sean Hannity, Kyle Rittenhouse and an account for paranormal news and discussion. Scrolling down, I saw ordinary users and trolls on the list: @CreepyJeffBezos, @HypocriteTrudeau, @FakeHunterBiden (bio: “Celebrating Hunter Biden’s love for art, prostitutes, and laptops”). As I scrolled through the list, another notification popped up at the top of my phone. My first follow! “LET’S GO BRANDON TOKEN ($LGBT) is now following you,” the app informed me. Tapping on the page, I found an account promoting some kind of new crypto offering, the Let’s Go Brandon Token, also described by the anonymous user as “THE PEOPLE’S TOKEN.” Minutes later, my second Truth Social follow came, hitting the full spectrum of Trump enemies, lest we forget 2016. “HilaryHater [sic] is now following you,” the notification read. The account’s avatar showed Hillary Clinton sitting on a witch’s broom, flying past a purple-shaded Earth. “Father of 4 grown men,” the bio explained. “Couldn’t be prouder of not having snowflakes for kids.” I followed both accounts back, hoping to strike up some engagement.

On Truth Social’s own account page, @truthsocial, site administrators advised users to please be patient as the platform continued to move through its waitlist and address tech bugs and inconsistencies. The site is the marquee offering of Trump’s tech venture, Trump Media & Technology Group, founded last year as part of a SPAC deal, with $1 billion from undisclosed investors, according to the company (which is now reportedly under investigation by federal regulators). Truth Social’s page is filled with memes: a car veering off the highway, away from a sign for “Big Tech” to an exit ramp for “Truth Social”; two doors, one for Twitter, showing a vacant room, another for “Truth Social,” with dozens of people trying to get in. But from the inside, Truth Social feels empty. The most vigorous conversation on the site seems to be the entirely made-up one that appeared on the mock-ups before the launch. In the images available on the Apple app store, an account called @jack is seen corresponding with a man named Rick, making conversation like “What’s your favorite place to go in the world? You won’t believe how beautiful Jamaica is.” Another mock-up, demonstrating the yet to be unveiled direct message feature, shows @jack asking someone named @jane to ask Truth Social’s moderation team to take down an offensive account. “Are you sure you want to do that?” @jane replies. “I mean it’s a pretty big deal censoring that content. Kinda an overreach… right?” In the mock-up @jack (perhaps a reference to Twitter’s founder, Jack Dorsey) writes back, “JUST TAKE IT DOWN!” with a red-faced angry emoji. What the mock-up was meant to demonstrate — a user experience free of censorship, or safe moderation — is unclear. But on the site, there was little engagement between users. In response to a post from Nunes advising “another day with more people joining the platform,” 149 replies included messages of encouragement. “Making Social Media Great Again!” one user said. “It’s already better than Twitter if anyone can read this message!!” said another.

Dan Scavino, Trump’s former deputy chief of staff, appears to be one of the most active users on the site, with 74 Truths and counting. At the bottom of his feed, his first post on the site, published about two weeks ago, showed a picture of a blood-red wave crashing violently on the sea. Above a row of emojis — red heart, white heart, blue heart, American flag, flying eagle — Scavino wrote, “THERE ARE MORE OF US — THAN THERE ARE OF THEM!” Around 10 a.m., I Truthed my first Truth. “Anybody out there?” I wrote. By the end of the day, no one had responded.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... p-00014355

0 Ttuth.JPG
0 Ttuth.JPG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 1105 times

WINNING!

Trump Grave.JPG
Trump Grave.JPG (70.82 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bwahaha:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s why his people follow him. You can get through life being a bloviating failure. You’ve no idea how inspirational that is.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”