Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Pandora Papers

Uninformed

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Uninformed »

The latest exposure of financial records; several other articles online.

“Pandora Papers: Secret wealth and dealings of world leaders exposed”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58780465
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Lani

Post by Lani »

We may need separate file for the Pandora Papers. It's big.
Some American states have become central to the global offshore system: The U.S. government has condemned prominent offshore financial centers, where promises of discretion have long drawn oligarchs, business tycoons and politicians. But the Pandora Papers expose how foreign political and corporate leaders or their relatives moved money and other assets in recent years from international tax havens to even more secretive American trust companies, including those in South Dakota. The records also show how a firm in Central America became a one-stop shop for American clients, allowing them to conceal their assets while facing criminal investigations or lawsuits.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ra-papers/

ETA: from my daily WAPO email:
Today The Washington Post is joining news organizations around the globe to bring you the first in a series of important stories. These are the product of nearly a year of reporting at The Post focused on a vast trove of documents that expose a secretive financial universe that benefits the wealthy and powerful.

The project, known as the Pandora Papers, was conceived and organized by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, which obtained the records and shared them with The Post and other partners. The documents — more than 11.9 million records from 14 offshore entities, including law and wealth-management firms — illuminate a hidden world that has allowed government leaders, a monarch, billionaires and criminals to shield their assets.
Waiting for info tfg to show up in some document.... :bored:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:41 pm :snippity:
Not clever enough, and he never really built a world wide empire in need and backed by a world wide financial network. He remained a small town mafioso.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:12 pm
Lani wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:41 pm :snippity:
Not clever enough, and he never really buit a world wide empire in need and backed by a world wide financial network. He remained a small town mafioso.
I don't think he has enough cash or liquid assets to make that necessary or worthwhile.

Personally, I don't believe he is a billionaire. It is true that he has several billion dollars in assets (real estate, mostly), but most of those properties are mortgaged to the hilt. Furthermore, he has a reputation for overstating the value of his properties, at least when it suits his purpose or feeds his ego. I think that it is entirely possible that, in reality, many of those properties are underwater.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is technically insolvent and living off of cash flow.
Lani

Re: The Pandora Papers

Post by Lani »

I was thinking that he may try to get whatever he's got before all his property blows up. And/or he may have moved some assets before he was deep trouble. And/or some funding he received from others came from such accounts.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Created a new thread for this. Major story, lead coverage is by Washington Post, but in conjunction with other papers. I keep looking and by gum, I still don't see any stupid four paragraph rule. The idiot who runs this board can't get anythign striagth, looks like. Oh well.

Have a new thread. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I dont know where hidden is. So screw it. My eldest just got an awesome job after six months unemployed and was four days on the job. He stubbed his toe and called off. I told him I was four days post partum with him and had six stitches in my vagina and was on the East German border hauling a fycking 60-pound toolbox fixing tanks.

You have no idea how much I want to run away from home leaving no forwarding address.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Shit. I keep trying to post in "Hijack". Sorry.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:20 pm You have no idea how much I want to run away from home leaving no forwarding address.
Let's pool our resources and start a Super Fogbow compound.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:20 pm I dont know where hidden is. So screw it. My eldest just got an awesome job after six months unemployed and was four days on the job. He stubbed his toe and called off. I told him I was four days post partum with him and had six stitches in my vagina and was on the East German border hauling a fycking 60-pound toolbox fixing tanks.

You have no idea how much I want to run away from home leaving no forwarding address.
Uh... Maam, uh, so, did you want fries with that?
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Pgirl, you are one of the coolest ladies I know. :lovestruck:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

So tonight my power went down for about two minutes. After it came back on my FireTV wasn't connected to wifi, so I opened the wifi settings to watch and see when my WIFI name showed as available. I clicked the See All Networks menu item and scrolled down the list, mostly just killing time while waiting for my wifi to reconnect.

So, I'm scrolling down, down, down, and there it is...one of my neighbors named his wifi "TrumpWon". I'm pretty sure I know which neighbor it is. There's a print shop next door that STILL has his "Mask Free Zone" placard prominently displayed in his window.

:sick: :vomit:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

I'd consider popping up an accesspoint with SSID "AntifaCentral" "DeepStateHQ" or "TrumpIsATraitor" just for fun

But that's just me.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Just use discarded hotspots and routers, no need to have anything connected behind the units :lol:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I vote for "trump supporters are morons."
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Liberal Conversion Facility"
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Economy”