The dregs of birther remainders.

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
bob

Re: The dregs of birther remainders.

Post by bob »

As the article explains, the court had ruled Moore's accuser was a limited-purpose public figure. Meaning she had to prove actual malice, which is the death knell for most defamation lawsuits.

Klayman, of course, ignores that Moore lost his defamation lawsuit.
Image ImageImage
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

bob wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:42 am Klayman, of course, ignores that Moore lost his defamation lawsuit.
Hey bob, someone has to take over the "reins" after the Putz passed. Why can't it be GIL...."I win!" :mrgreen:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

from the article. the other sides attorneys
“To be clear, this is not a victory for Roy Moore,” Roman said. “It’s not a vindication of him. Although we are disappointed that the jury did not find that Mr. Moore statements rose to the level of defamation, we are gratified that the jury necessarily found that Leigh was telling the truth about her experience with Mr. Moore in 1979.”
My question cause I do not want to search back in time:
re: " the court had ruled Moore's accuser was a limited-purpose public figure."

What did it take to make the lady become a "limited-purpose public figure" ?
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:22 pm
What did it take to make the lady become a "limited-purpose public figure" ?
Short answer: Be in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes.

"Limited-purpose public figures," generally, are people who voluntarily engage in a public controversy. Say, for example, publicly accusing the former state supreme court chief justice (and senate candidate) of sexual misconduct.

But some people have been nonconsensual limited-purpose public figures, like people who were suspect in high-profile cases (who turned out to be innocent).
Image ImageImage
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Birther Rambo Ike still is lurking in the comments at my blog. Recently he came up with a theory that I believe is new (at least to me) that since jus soli was a uniquely Christian point of view (WTF?) it violates the First Amendment separation of church and state. I know, I had a WTF moment on this one too. I had been using the Wong Kim Ark decision to rip him a new one for several weeks.

Ike's comment
Did Gray muff another one?
[RC: The ruling in WKA was that we inherited jus soli from England so allegiance is to the country of your birth. Gray (WKA) never accepts allegiance to the country of the parents as important.]
From an article I’m reading: Natural allegiance via Jus Soli was a uniquely Christian point of law repulsive to the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

In other words, it would be in conflict with our Constitution.

Additionally, the English common law term, “natural-born subject”, being a uniquely spiritual designation, was only granted to members of the Christian faith, and cannot govern the definition of “natural born Citizen”, because such a construction would be repugnant to the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution.
realist

Post by realist »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:03 pm Birther Rambo Ike still is lurking in the comments at my blog. Recently he came up with a theory that I believe is new (at least to me) that since jus soli was a uniquely Christian point of view (WTF?) it violates the First Amendment separation of church and state. I know, I had a WTF? moment on this one too. I had been using the Wong Kim Ark decision to rip him a new one for several weeks.

Ike's comment
Did Gray muff another one?
[RC: The ruling in WKA was that we inherited jus soli from England so allegiance is to the country of your birth. Gray (WKA) never accepts allegiance to the country of the parents as important.]
From an article I’m reading: Natural allegiance via Jus Soli was a uniquely Christian point of law repulsive to the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

In other words, it would be in conflict with our Constitution.

Additionally, the English common law term, “natural-born subject”, being a uniquely spiritual designation, was only granted to members of the Christian faith, and cannot govern the definition of “natural born Citizen”, because such a construction would be repugnant to the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution.
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

You're correct. It's a novel approach. Certainly also to me. :crazy:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Wow RC and realist. Your charity to Rambo Ike and his sublimely stupid idea is commendable. :thumbsup:

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Rambo Ick is the poster child for the Dunning-Kruger effect. He likes to flaunt his stupidity as often as he can.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Careful RC. According to Wiki....Dunning–Kruger effect
Some researchers also include in their definition [of Dunning-Kruger effect] the opposite effect for high performers: their tendency to underestimate their skills.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

the English common law term, “natural-born subject”, being a uniquely spiritual designation ...
Horseshit. :whistle:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Sharon Rondeau and her staff need to get on this right away! :notlistening:

Right Wing Watch @RightWingWatch 3m
We post a lot of incomprehensible things, but "prophet" Robin Bullock using some confusing chart to explain how Satan "made a hallway that spanned time" to bring "a duplicate of the Antichrist" in the form of Barack Obama back from the Last Days will be hard to top.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

Right Wing Watch wrote:We post a lot of incomprehensible things, but "prophet" Robin Bullock using some confusing chart to explain how Satan "made a hallway that spanned time" to bring "a duplicate of the Antichrist" in the form of Barack Obama back from the Last Days will be hard to top.
Gallups habitually said Obama was an Antichrist, just not The Antichrist.

He* would be a great guest for this topic, but.... :violin:

* Gallups, not Obama. Nor Satan.
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:44 pmNo, not. :nope:
Uh... the weather forecast for my brain today is cloudy with very DENSE fog, so, uh... is that "no, not" safe to presume or "no, not" the same guy (on the Tom Arnold thingy)?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:26 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:44 pmNo, not. :nope:
Uh... the weather forecast for my brain today is cloudy with very DENSE fog very DENSE clouds*, so, uh... is that "no, not" safe to presume or "no, not" the same guy (on the Tom Arnold thingy)?
*Edited to Fix - didn't want anyone thinking I was calling our Dear Leader "dense" :mrgreen:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:05 pm
Right Wing Watch wrote:We post a lot of incomprehensible things, but "prophet" Robin Bullock using some confusing chart to explain how Satan "made a hallway that spanned time" to bring "a duplicate of the Antichrist" in the form of Barack Obama back from the Last Days will be hard to top.
Gallups habitually said Obama was an Antichrist, just not The Antichrist.

He* would be a great guest for this topic, but.... :violin:

* Gallups, not Obama. Nor Satan.
In fairness, getting Satan on the record about whether he is or is not responsible for some of this nutbaggery would be an awesome way to kick off an official Fogbow podcast.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Totally different Tom Arnold, and I can't podcast Satan, I'm an ordained minister. :fingerwag:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:28 am Totally different Tom Arnold, and I can't podcast Satan, I'm an ordained minister. :fingerwag:
Yeah, I hear you. I'm fortunate in that my own ministry back in the day would have encouraged it. If you think I'm kidding, Google the phrase "Do Klingons eat yogurt?" in quotes, and the main entry (until this page gets indexed) will be an interview with me and my flock from the early 1990s in Gainesville. I'm the 'Sage' in the piece. No foolin'.

realist

Post by realist »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:32 pm
Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:28 am Totally different Tom Arnold, and I can't podcast Satan, I'm an ordained minister. :fingerwag:
Yeah, I hear you. I'm fortunate in that my own ministry back in the day would have encouraged it. If you think I'm kidding, Google the phrase "Do Klingons eat yogurt?" in quotes, and the main entry (until this page gets indexed) will be an interview with me and my flock from the early 1990s in Gainesville. I'm the 'Sage' in the piece. No foolin'.
Off Topic
:thumbsup: :rotflmao:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: are Presidential Libraries considered government agencies or are they private institutions?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Off Topic
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:32 pm Yeah, I hear you. I'm fortunate in that my own ministry back in the day would have encouraged it. If you think I'm kidding, Google the phrase "Do Klingons eat yogurt?" in quotes, and the main entry (until this page gets indexed) will be an interview with me and my flock from the early 1990s in Gainesville. I'm the 'Sage' in the piece. No foolin'.
Sounds interesting, but this page has already replaced your story entirely - only this and a note that there aren't many results for my search came up. I would have thought that this page would be listed and then yours, not that this one would replace the other.

IOW: I can't read your article!! :crying:
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:59 am Question: are Presidential Libraries considered government agencies or are they private institutions?
The libraries themselves are private institutions. That work with the federal archivist in maintaining the records. So, basically a private/public partnership.

I saw that some birthers were chomping to send FOIA requests to the library to get Obama's birth certificate. Besides being profoundly dumb (Obama's birth certificate is in Hawaii, for starters), I have no idea what they expected to receive. The FOAD letter is "indirect confirmation" that Obama doesn't have a birth certificate? :confuzzled:
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

FOAI is especially stupid as the document can easily be found on the government website:
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

Everything Obama and the birthcertificate can still be found here
President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate

also here:
https://www.slideshare.net/whitehouse/birth-certificatelongform
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:09 am
Off Topic
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:32 pm Yeah, I hear you. I'm fortunate in that my own ministry back in the day would have encouraged it. If you think I'm kidding, Google the phrase "Do Klingons eat yogurt?" in quotes, and the main entry (until this page gets indexed) will be an interview with me and my flock from the early 1990s in Gainesville. I'm the 'Sage' in the piece. No foolin'.
Sounds interesting, but this page has already replaced your story entirely - only this and a note that there aren't many results for my search came up. I would have thought that this page would be listed and then yours, not that this one would replace the other.

IOW: I can't read your article!! :crying:
Alas. http://www.afn.org/~fcoc/interview.html

realist

Post by realist »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:16 pm FOAI is especially stupid as the document can easily be found on the government website:
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

Everything Obama and the birthcertificate can still be found here
President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate

also here:
https://www.slideshare.net/whitehouse/birth-certificatelongform
:fingerwag: Obvious computer-generated fake. No raised seal.

"Short form" obviously a complete fake, not legal, can't even get into Little League with it.
Image X 4
Image X 32

Return to “Other weirdos”