Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by raison de arizona »

mtg really hates Fauci. She really goes off on him in today's episode. I think she has him a couple pegs below satan. She also takes on "mass Covid testing" - she's against it. Just an excuse to stay home from work, she says. She also says that Fauci broke the world. No, really.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

mtg posted this on her telegram, claiming it is a "NAZI GERMANY 'HEALTH PASS'" that is dated 1915. Now I don't pretend to be an expert on German or Nazi history, but... Nazis weren't a thing in 1915, were they? Some history buff can correct me, but I don't even think the Weimar Republic was a thing yet in 1915. So I'm confused. :confuzzled:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I can't read the date well, but in European, and most other, dating systems, that's not 1915. It might be, in our dating system, January 15, 2023/2025. Even that's too early for Nazi history, more like 1933.

Edited to add:

I think I got the date wrong. It's maybe, in our date, 1/23/15.

:bag:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, declare mass hospitalizations and deaths over, and it’s all good. :think:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:51 pm I can't read the date well, but in European, and most other, dating systems, that's not 1915. It might be, in our dating system, January 15, 2023/2025. Even that's too early for Nazi history, more like 1933.
Looks like 1/15/1923.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:58 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:51 pm I can't read the date well, but in European, and most other, dating systems, that's not 1915. It might be, in our dating system, January 15, 2023/2025. Even that's too early for Nazi history, more like 1933.
Looks like 1/15/1923.
Yeah, I was having a hard time telling if the first date was 1923 or 1925.

Either way, mtg is full of it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

There was no Nazi party in the middle of World War fucking One. Hitler was a corporal in the German Army at that point running messages back and forth on his bike.

It's a stupid fucking forgery.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I suspect the image is faked. I couldn't locate that akgimage, plus as already pointed out neither the Wiemar Republic nor the Third Reich were around in 1915.

I wondered if the date was actually written year day month, but there is another FR / 1915 above suggesting the document was distributed in 1915. Hard to say.

But, this isn't the only time someone has fallen for a well done mock up. As much as I lurv myself some fresh MTG being stupid, today I just feel bad for her not being able to do even the smallest amount of due diligence before suffering self inflicted foot in mouth disease.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:07 pm I suspect the image is faked. I couldn't locate that akgimage, plus as already pointed out neither the Wiemar Republic nor the Third Reich were around in 1915.

I wondered if the date was actually written year day month, but there is another FR / 1915 above suggesting the document was distributed in 1915. Hard to say.

But, this isn't the only time someone has fallen for a well done mock up. As much as I lurv myself some fresh MTG being stupid, today I just feel bad for her not being able to do even the smallest amount of due diligence before suffering self inflicted foot in mouth disease.
Found it or similar. https://www.alamy.com/europa-deutschlan ... 76719.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its possible that the 1915 is the date of birth of the recipient. Obviously I cant read German so I have no idea.

Regardless Green has no idea either. That link shows its an image from 1936
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

These I understand were about racial purity, not health or vaccination status.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My son, who does read German, said it's definitely a 1915 birth date. The words before the date say date of birth, abbreviated.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

This is not a health pass issued in 1915!

The person was born in 1915, and they used the birth year and name (if i read it correctly) in their numbering scheme to keep track of people.

While I don't have any further information on this kind of pass i guess it was holding information on transmissable diseases (or lack thereof), possibly vaccinations too. Not unlike current a international health pass used for yellow fever areas.

ETA searching found this

What exactly was the 'Gesundheitspass' in Nazi Germany?

The term referred to so-called “health cards” the Nazi government issued to distinguish between those deemed “healthy” by the regime, meaning free of hereditary diseases (or a family history of such diseases) and “free” of what the regime regarded as “impure” blood, meaning non “Aryan” blood. The Nazis and their predecessors in the 19th century developed and promoted a theory of a supposedly superior “Aryan” race - meaning those who were not of Jewish heredity, or did not belong to any other category that would be labeled as dangerous, undesirable, or inferior to “Aryans.” And a belief in the need to protect “Aryan blood” became the basis of the Nazi Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service in 1933 and the 1935 Nuremburg Laws.

When the Nazis were in power, many of those who could not obtain a card confirming their genetic “health,” and could not escape from Nazi rule, were subjected to sterilizations, euthanasia, deportations to death camps, compulsory medical experiments, and extermination.

https://www.quora.com/What-exactly-was- ... zi-Germany

ETA the 2nd

Based on the google search results it looks like this has swapped over to the US from Europe where far right ant-vaxxers have recently raised a connection between mandatory vaccination and Nazi Germany.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:54 pm Yeah, declare mass hospitalizations and deaths over, and it’s all good. :think:
Yeah, and while they're at it, they can declare pi to be exactly 3.0. Makes the math so much easier to do. Of course, geometry no longer works, but geometry is HARD.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

That health pass is just for the flu. (Notice, it's called the Gesundheit pass. Just a little sneeze!) 8-)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:38 pm mtg posted this on her telegram, claiming it is a "NAZI GERMANY 'HEALTH PASS'" that is dated 1915. Now I don't pretend to be an expert on German or Nazi history, but... Nazis weren't a thing in 1915, were they? Some history buff can correct me, but I don't even think the Weimar Republic was a thing yet in 1915. So I'm confused. :confuzzled:
Until recently, I viewed this person's blather as just the usual cynical attempt to grift her idiot constituency, but now I see that while it's still a grift, Lantern-Jaw is just as stupid, if not more so than those who elected her, and for a number of voters nationwide, this is a feature, not a bug, as they find it relatable.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Edited to add:

Its a birthdate for the holder, not an issue date
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Edited to add:

Somebodies's birthdate perhaps?

Edit: nevermind
Has everybody heard about the bird?
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Germans, and most Europeans for that matter, always write their dates as day/month/year. The swastica/hackenkreutz comes out of the part's infatuation with a mythology they more or less made up out of whole cloth and the symbol was one adopted and used. Supposedly based on Teutonic mythology but I think more honored in the breach than the foloowing of.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:25 am Germans, and most Europeans for that matter, always write their dates as day/month/year. The swastica/hackenkreutz comes out of the part's infatuation with a mythology they more or less made up out of whole cloth and the symbol was one adopted and used. Supposedly based on Teutonic mythology but I think more honored in the breach than the foloowing of.
Yeah, there's nothing in Norse/Germanic lore or in the contemporaneous record that indicates any interest in or imperative to maintain any kind of racial purity. If you look at the Norse/Germanic stories about their gods (which were essentially the same gods with somewhat different names - much like the Greek and Roman gods) they themselves would often take mates or lovers from different races of divine beings. There are numerous partnerings between Aesir and Vanir gods, and Aesir or Vanir gods and Jotuns (who weren't exactly gods but giants who had a number of god-like qualities.)

The Jotun example is particularly instructive since the Jotuns were the mortal enemies of the Aesir and Vanir. Some gods even took humans as lovers or mates. Loki is Jotun who became the blood brother of Odin/Wodan (NOT his adopted son as per Marvel) and Thor/Donner fathered children with his Jotun mistress.

Additionally, the historical record shows that there was significant trade between the Norse and Germanic people with those from the Middle East, with marriages and children resulting from the cultural exchanges.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

The Nazis were allergic to inconvenient facts and truths, if it didn't meet their concept of reality, they just rewrote it or ignored it. The whole Aryan thing was basically made up out of whole cloth to meet their narrative. The also did a lot of archeology, which wasn't bad, but the interpretations were often made up to suit what they were told to go after.
raison de arizona

Hunter hunter hunter
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Hunter is the new Benghazi.
raison de arizona

More context.
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

PatriotTakes Flag of United States
@patriottakes
Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to kick the $9.5B Hollywood movie industry out of Georgia and said, “I don’t think we should have invited those people here to begin with.”

Georgia is home to several movie studios. The Walking Dead and parts of Marvel movies have been filmed there.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”