Right Wing Death Threats

filly

Right Wing Death Threats

Post by filly »

OMG read this thread from Eric Swalwell:

I was looking for a place to put the story about the guy from California who was driving cross country with an AR 15 etc. to assassinate Joe Biden and Fauci. I think it should go here. But read the whole Swalwell thread.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Right Wing Death Threats

Post by raison de arizona »

Surreal.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

Swalwell playing the nice guy from the Midwest (he was raised there) to elicit lots of information from this guy was very well done. And getting him to admit that he was radicalized by Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson was the cherry on top.
bob

Post by bob »

Reuters: Anatomy of a death threat:
Trump supporters have waged a campaign of intimidation against the state and local officials who administer U.S. elections. This visual analysis explores hundreds of menacing messages - and explains why they’re difficult to counter.
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

filly wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:57 pm OMG read this thread from Eric Swalwell:

I was looking for a place to put the story about the guy from California who was driving cross country with an AR 15 etc. to assassinate Joe Biden and Fauci. I think it should go here. But read the whole Swalwell thread.
Jeremy deleted all his tweets. but they live forever in screenshots
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm not the brainiest of brains, but even I could tell he was digging for information, not just chatting. When he said, "Is that Jeremy Marshall Construction," LOL.

The problem is how does law enforcement distinguish keyboard warriors from genuine death threats before something happens? There's a lot of people willing to say stuff.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I thought that a keyboard warrior making death threats is still a crime.
raison de arizona

:yeahthat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 pm I thought that a keyboard warrior making death threats is still a crime.
I would have thought so at one time but since it's fine to shoot an unarmed person three more times after he's been shot down, not so sure anymore.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:48 pm I'm not the brainiest of brains, but even I could tell he was digging for information, not just chatting. When he said, "Is that Jeremy Marshall Construction," LOL.

The problem is how does law enforcement distinguish keyboard warriors from genuine death threats before something happens? There's a lot of people willing to say stuff.
“What do you do for a living? I was a lawyer” :mrgreen:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:47 pm
Chilidog wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 pm I thought that a keyboard warrior making death threats is still a crime.
I would have thought so at one time but since it's fine to shoot an unarmed person three more times after he's been shot down, not so sure anymore.
I hate reading the truth sometimes. That's true, but I hate that it's true. Shit. :mad:

'Course, only true if'n you is a white boy, which I was forced into but it hasn't been so bad, mostly embarrassing.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
·
31m
"We are here at a committee to look a virus now that has killed nearly 900,000 people. And the purpose of the committee was to try to get things out, how we can help the American public. And you keep coming back to personal attacks on me" -- Fauci to Rand Paul

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
Fauci notes that Paul's attacks on him result in death threats against him and family as Paul looks on expressionlessly. Fauci also notes that Paul is fundraising on his unhinged attacks on him.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Off Topic
Susan "Oh He's Learned His Lesson" Collins just makes me viscerally angry. Just her stupid voice. Doesn't even matter what she is saying anymore.
filly

Post by filly »

Let’s never forget how hysterical Rand was about the baseball shooting and the drama when his neighbor beat the shit out of him. So when Rand is in danger the world is coming to an end. When he incited people to kill Fauci it’s no big deal. Typical Ayn Rand follower idiocy.

And against my position about violence, the world would be better off if his neighbor had finished the job. YMMV
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mediaite
@Mediaite
HOT MIC MOMENT: After clashing with GOP Sen. Roger Marshall, Dr. Fauci was caught muttering, "what a moron," followed by "Jesus Christ."
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

filly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:57 pm Let’s never forget how hysterical Rand was about the baseball shooting and the drama when his neighbor beat the shit out of him. So when Rand is in danger the world is coming to an end. When he incited people to kill Fauci it’s no big deal. Typical Ayn Rand follower idiocy.
Also when some protestors followed and yelled at him.
filly

Post by filly »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I love Borowitz.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20220113_130752.jpg
Image Image Image Image
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Rand Paul is a self serving fraud, liar, opportunist and a hypocrite, just like his father.

The one good thing I can come up with for him being in the Senate is that at least that way he isn't endangering the eye health of some poor innocent. You know, the Orly Taitz effect.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Texas Man Arrested for Alleged Threat to Kill Georgia Election Official Day Before Trump Capitol Riot

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business/mo ... t_DFWBrand
A Texas man was arrested Friday for allegedly posting a threat to kill a Georgia election official and other officials just days after then-President Donald Trump pressured Georgia's secretary of state to "find" votes that could reverse his loss to President Joe Biden.

The case against 54-year-old Chad Stark of Leander, Texas, is the first criminal prosecution filed by the U.S. Department of Justice's Election Threats Task Force, which was formed last June on the heels of widespread baseless claims by Trump and his allies of election fraud.

:snippity:

In the message, Stark allegedly wrote, "Georgia Patriots it's time for us to take back our state from these Lawless treasonous traitors. It's time to invoke our Second Amendment right it's time to put a bullet in the treasonous Chinese [Official A]."

"Then we work our way down to [Official B] the local and federal corrupt judges," Stark wrote, according to an indictment.

"We need to pay a visit to [Official C] and her family as well and put a bullet her behind the ears," Stark allegedly wrote, just a day before a mob of Trump supporters invaded the U.S. Capitol in a fury over false allegations that Trump had lost to Biden due to ballot fraud.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

NBC News
@NBCNews
·
6m
A Florida man who threatened to behead Speaker Pelosi and Rep. Ocasio-Cortez has pleaded guilty to federal counts and faces years in prison.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”