Rest In Peace

filly

Re: Rest In Peace

Post by filly »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

That's sad because I liked Bob. But that photo of 30-something years ago doesn't play. His current age photos show Bob different -- heavy and double-chin, Probably health problems.

R.I.P.
filly

Post by filly »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:07 pm That's sad because I liked Bob. But that photo of 30-something years ago doesn't play. His current age photos show Bob different -- heavy and double-chin, Probably health problems.

R.I.P.
Ya think?
filly

Post by filly »

But I have seen a bunch of recent photos and I don’t see a double chin. But he obviously had a health problem.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

filly wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm But I have seen a bunch of recent photos and I don’t see a double chin. But he obviously had a health problem.
filly

Post by filly »

Yeah I see most of news sites using that photo but no idea what the date on that is. Patton Oswalt tweeted pics from October and he didn’t look like that.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

You can look the picture of health and still die from a sudden heart attack or stroke. We'll hear if they release a cause of death.

Of course, wait for the anti-vaxxers to start spreading the rumor that he had just had a recent vaccination and that was the cause of death. They did that after Betty White died.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I didn't know I didn't know.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/ ... es-aged-93
Marilyn Bergman, Oscar-winning lyricist, dies aged 93
Teaming with husband Alan Bergman, she composed songs for many television shows, films and stage musicals

Marilyn Bergman, the Oscar-winning lyricist who teamed with husband Alan Bergman on The Way We Were, How Do You Keep the Music Playing? and hundreds of other songs, died at her Los Angeles home Saturday. She was 93.

Their peak was The Way We Were, from the Streisand-Robert Redford romantic drama of the same name.

Marilyn Bergman became the first woman elected to the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers and later served as the chair and president. She was also the first chair of the National Recorded Sound Preservation Board of the Library of Congress.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/betty ... li=BBnb7Kz
“Golden Girls” alum Betty White died due to a stroke.

According to the death certificate obtained by TMZ, White died after suffering a cerebrovascular accident, which is the medical terminology for stroke.

White suffered the stroke six days before her death, according to the report obtained by the website.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

NEW YORK (AP) — Ronnie Spector, the cat-eyed, bee-hived rock ‘n’ roll siren who sang such 1960s hits as “Be My Baby,” “Baby I Love You” and “Walking in the Rain” as the leader of the girl group The Ronettes, has died. She was 78.
https://news.yahoo.com/60s-icon-ronnie- ... 8Euf1KNpAU
Image Image Image Image
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:46 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Ronnie Spector, the cat-eyed, bee-hived rock ‘n’ roll siren who sang such 1960s hits as “Be My Baby,” “Baby I Love You” and “Walking in the Rain” as the leader of the girl group The Ronettes, has died. She was 78.
https://news.yahoo.com/60s-icon-ronnie- ... 8Euf1KNpAU
I'm a fan. Read her autobiography a couple years ago. Loved learning about the time she kissed John Lennon, the one night stand she had with David Bowie, and her awful nightmare of a marriage to Phil Spector.

Rest in peace, Ronnie. I and millions of others will always love you for singing this glorious tune.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I saw the Rest in Peace thread today and had a "what now" feel come over me. This time, it was not which famous person passed but a reflection of my day/week.

1. Last week I read on a parishioner's FB page that her father (also a parishioner) was coming home on Friday and hospice was providing a bed. The word "hospice" made me go, uh oh.

2. Yesterday, to start our weekly one-on-one meeting, the rector told me she had a hard stop for our meeting that day because she needed to go and give last rites. Oh boy.

3. Today, I get a call that he passed and it was a day of back and forth phone calls, emails, and text messages trying to plan a funeral quickly as the family wanted it Friday (oh, and the parish admin is out sick today). The folks who normally manage our Zoom meeting for our liturgies were originally not available so the rector and I were figuring out ways I could manage to do that, and the music.

I play funerals all the time so am used to it, but this is one where I know the family better and was more sudden (he went into the hospital on January 1) than other times. He was 92.

Yesterday, it was also the executor of my aunt's estate calling (she passed away in December) about various things with the estate.

I am sort of done with death and dying this week so the topic name Rest In Peace gave me the shudders.

This is on top of a separate extra larger service we are doing on Saturday. I am getting tired and it is only Wednesday.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hug to you, Northland.

Awww, Marlon Bundo went to the carrot patch in the sky.
Marlon Bundo, the famous Pence family bunny who made history, dies
The pet rabbit, who earned the moniker “BOTUS” thanks to the second family, was the star of multiple children’s books.
By MAEVE SHEEHEY 01/15/2022 01:06 PM EST

Marlon Bundo, the social media-famous pet bunny of former Vice President Mike Pence’s family, has died, according to a Saturday post on his Instagram account. Bundo, who earned the moniker “BOTUS” thanks to his relationship to the second family, was the star of three children’s books by Karen Pence and her daughter, Charlotte — “Marlon Bundo’s A Day in the Life of the Vice President,” “Marlon Bundo’s A Day in the Nation’s Capital” and “Marlon Bundo’s Best Christmas Ever.” “Marlon, you came into our lives at just the moment we needed you most,” the family wrote on Marlon Bundo’s Instagram alongside a photo of him with former second daughter Charlotte Pence Bond. “I never could have predicted that a little bunny I found on Craigslist for a college student film would give me the courage to write my first book and be the inspiration for two more, all with the best illustrator I could imagine.”

Though Bundo’s fame earned him over 30,000 Instagram followers, POLITICO reported in 2019 that the second bunny’s books weren’t big moneymakers, having generated between $2,501 and $5,000 in income for the Pence family that past year. Bundo also wasn’t without his critics — an adviser at the time told The Atlantic that then-President Donald Trump thought it was “low class” for the Pences to bring their family pets to the Naval Observatory.* :?:

But the beloved bunny made history, being the first rabbit known to have traveled on Air Force Two. And adding to Bundo’s acclaim was a parody book called “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Presents a Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo,” which dropped in 2018 and depicted Bundo in a romantic relationship with another male bunny — a callout to the then-vice president’s oft-criticized stance on LGBTQ+ issues. Charlotte Pence at the time said she was “all for” the parody book and its financial contributions to charities.

On Saturday, Charlotte Pence Bond remembered her “wild times” with the bunny and thanked him for the place he had in their family. “God knew we’d need this ball of love in our lives and that he’d bring such joy to people all over the world," she wrote. "Somehow, he taught me how to always try to be kind first and never stop making an effort to get along.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/1 ... ies-527191

Nota and I are sharing some lettuce and cabbage together later.

Marlon.JPG
Marlon.JPG (128.23 KiB) Viewed 974 times

* Doesn't it just figure that DL2XIT is such a dick that he doesn't even like pets? Bet pets don't like him either. (not meant as a threadjack)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

One that hits me hard from my childhood. My dad was a big UK fan and thus, I was a big UK fan.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Very cool! :lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So far today I have donated to 15 different charities for animals in celebration of her birthday.
Tiredretiredlawyer

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:29 pm RIP, Mr. Poitier.
https://scoop.upworthy.com/sidney-poiti ... 2DzgUBFPJg
Emotional Sidney Poitier chokes up as he recalls kind Jewish waiter who taught him to read as a boy
Poitier said one of his great regrets was that he never got to thank the waiter for his help. "It was too late," he recalled.

The world lost one of its great actors when Sidney Poitier passed away last week at the age of 94. Poitier was Hollywood's first Black movie star and also the first Black man to win the best actor Oscar. The actor, director, and civil rights icon hailed from the Bahamas and came to New York with dreams of making it as an actor but he was held back by the fact that he couldn't read. As an actor, there was no way he could make it without being able to read it. Poitier said that it was a kind waiter who took time out of his schedule to teach him to read. Poitier got emotional as he recalled the incident on CBS Sunday Morning to Lesley Stahl.

Poitier was washing dishes at a restaurant to get by after arriving in New York. He would bring newspapers to his shifts and a Jewish asked him about the news and the Poitier replied he couldn't tell him as he couldn't read. “I sit there, and I’m reading one of the papers. And there was a Jewish waiter sitting at the table, an elderly man, and he saw me there," recalled Poitier in the episode. "He got up, and he walked over, and he stood by the table that’s next to the kitchen, and he said, ‘Hi. What’s new in the papers?’ And I said to him, ‘I can’t tell you what’s new in the papers because I don’t read very well. I didn’t have very much of an education.’”

"He asked, 'Would you like me to read with you.' I said to him, 'Yes, if you'd like to,'" he said. Poitier explained that he sat "every night" with him to teach him after his work shift was over. Poitier fought tears as he recollected the kindness of a man who had almost nothing to gain from teaching Poitier, and he still did it. “Every night after that he would come over and sit with me, and he would teach me what a comma is and why it exists, what periods are, what colons are, what dashes are,” said Poitier. “He would teach me that there are syllables and how to differentiate them in a single word and consequently, learn how to pronounce them. Every night," said the actor getting emotional.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reuters
@Reuters
·
16m
Replying to
@Reuters
American singer and actor Michael Lee Aday, better known as Meat Loaf, has died at the age of 74.

He had a career spanning six decades with hits including 'I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)' and 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light'
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/meat-loa ... social-twa
Meat Loaf -- the singer with some monstrous hits -- has died at the age of 74.

The singer's manager, Michael Greene, confirmed Meat Loaf died Thursday night. Sources with knowledge tell TMZ ... he was supposed to attend a business dinner earlier this week for a show he's working on -- "I'd Do Anything for Love" -- but the dinner was canceled because he became seriously ill with COVID. Sources tell us that condition quickly became critical.

Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates. We do not know if he was vaccinated.

Greene added that Meat Loaf's wife and 2 daughters were by his side when he passed away.

Meat Loaf was one of the greatest rock singers of all time. His 1977 "Bat Out of Hell" album sold an astounding 65 million copies. That album produced several hits, including "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," which charted at #11 on Billboard.
I love his music. I loved him in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. RIP.
filly

Post by filly »

Trumper. We’ll probably never know for sure but TMZ reporting he was not vaccinated. Although they are a rag they often pay for accurate info. I guess Heaven couldn’t wait.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, his Trumpiness meant he was dead to me. Was he really that big?

Return to “General Stuff”