The dregs of birther remainders.

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: The dregs of birther remainders.

Post by northland10 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 pm Whatever happened to James Youngblood or as I called him on doc cs site, jybrator
IIRC, he was substantially younger compared to most birthers so maybe he moved on with his life or found a new board to play on.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bob wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:00 pm P&E comment:
Ray Fremick* wrote:Senator Goldwater was the subject of an eligiblity lawsuit claiming he was not a natural born citizen because he was born in Arizona when it was a territory before it became a state.

The suit was filed in the California Supreme Court asking that he be kept off the California ballot.

The Court denied the petition without comment.

https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesm ... geNumber=7

https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesm ... eNumber=16.

The lawyer filing the petition was Melvin Belli**
Belli's petition probably has been lost to the sands of time. The minute order denying the petition, however, may be locatable. :silenced:

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
:dance: :dance: :dance:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Rambo Ike is still lurking in the comments on my blog, mostly on this article.

https://rcradioblog.wordpress.com/2021/ ... -covid-19/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Wow RC, those comments are amazing! Highly recommend folks take a look, there's so much detail and interesting information in the comments (not Ike's, the other commenters). I started reading and got hooked, 30 minutes later realized how long I'd be reading and enjoying them. Well done RC and everybody writing over there, fascinating stuff.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Reality Check wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 pm Rambo Ike is still lurking in the comments on my blog, mostly on this article.

https://rcradioblog.wordpress.com/2021/ ... -covid-19/
I managed to track down a digitized copy of the 3rd edition of the French Academy's official dictionary (published 1740). I spent all afternoon transcribing it and translating it. Anyone wanna guess what it says about the plural of the French word parent?

Probably post tomorrow after I add some commentary.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Speaking of dregs, I stopped by Dr. K(h)ate's place for the first time in years and of course she's not just a MAGAt, she's a Qnut too, also.

And her BFF, No Neck Nancy, is still there to play Ed to Kate's Johnny as well.

I did learn a new thing, though...

Did we know that the real Dr. Fauci has been replaced by a double!?! :o it's obvious when you compare a current pic with one from 7 years ago.
Image Image Image Image
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Oh Estiveo, No Nonsense Nancy always had a soft spot for you, remember when she was at the airport to welcome Terry Lakin? Didn't she have a sign saying "I ❤️ Estiveo"?

And boom! Out of the blue on Twitter, a Trumper hauled off and BIRFED!

But then FATAL ERROR, Tina had to issue a correction! Sooo many birfer points lost, everybody knows it's Frank not Franklin. Penalty! These birfers need to go back to school!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

"Franklin Davis" sounds like a character from "You're a Rat Bastard, Charlie Brown":
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

:shock:

DeSantis was born in Florida. The twit(terer) is a two-citizen-parents "rule" birther.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:45 pm

DeSantis was born in Florida. The twit(terer) is a two-citizen-parents "rule" birther.
He is an attorney so maybe he's ineligible that way, because, you know, that whole foreign nobility thing.
101010 :towel:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Why hasn't Rharon covered this?? This has to get published by the P&E right away, how do we bait them into pumping this story? Via Laity? :P
bob

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:59 pm Why hasn't Rharon covered this?? This has to get published by the P&E right away, how do we bait them into pumping this story? Via Laity? :P
Some jerk* will mention this in a future comment.

* :whistle:
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:45 pm

Were his parents not both likewise born here? I am confused. I admit that the wikipedia article about him gets very vague by describing him of Italian descent but going back to talk about his *great grandparents* moving to this country. Deliberate obfuscation?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:05 pmWere his parents not both likewise born here? I am confused.
I actually don't know, and this particular birther wandered off.
I admit that the wikipedia article about him gets very vague by describing him of Italian descent but going back to talk about his *great grandparents* moving to this country.
People's not knowing DeSantis' parents' citizenship status at the time of his birth is further evidence this "rule" was just made up: No one even cared about a candidate's parents until that Obama feller showed up.

Too also: Some birthers believe dual citizenship precludes natural-born citizenship, and (IIRC) Italy is very generous with citizenship by descent. I would not be surprised if DeSantis had, or at least could claim, Italian citizenship.
Deliberate obfuscation?
Wikipedia doesn't hide the ball just to sow doubt. But sometimes its wording is unnecessarily vague due to a cantankerous editor's hecklers' veto.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:39 pm Too also: Some birthers believe dual citizenship precludes natural-born citizenship, and (IIRC) Italy is very generous with citizenship by descent. I would not be surprised if DeSantis had, or at least could claim, Italian citizenship.
The birthers constantly conflate allegiance with jurisdiction, as mentioned in the 14th Amendment. They think that a new-born baby, somehow, has "allegiance" to his/her parents home country.

IMHO, allegiance is a voluntary choice on the part of the individual. One chooses to enter into allegiance with a country, government or person. It is not in your DNA, like hair color.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:39 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:05 pmWere his parents not both likewise born here? I am confused.
Deliberate obfuscation?
Wikipedia doesn't hide the ball just to sow doubt. But sometimes its wording is unnecessarily vague due to a cantankerous editor's hecklers' veto.
Yeah, I meant more the idea that contributors mightr eliminate saying anything specific about his actual parents other than their profession in order to avoid the argument. It was clear in my head when I typed it, dagnabit. :oopsy:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

When I was born, I had a very strong allegiance to my mother's breasts. I don't remember being into polly ticks much, back then. I didn't even know the name of the country I was born in. :blackeye:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

Ray Fremick* wrote:Senator Goldwater was the subject of an eligiblity lawsuit claiming he was not a natural born citizen because he was born in Arizona when it was a territory before it became a state.

The suit was filed in the California Supreme Court asking that he be kept off the California ballot.

"For completeness": Jackson v. Jordan, Cal. Sup. Ct. Case No. 7608 (petn. den. Sept. 10, 1964).
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

bob wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:00 pm P&E comment:

https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesm ... geNumber=7

https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesm ... eNumber=16.

The lawyer filing the petition was Melvin Belli**
Belli's petition probably has been lost to the sands of time. The minute order denying the petition, however, may be locatable. :silenced:
The California Supreme Court doesn't have archives of its case files? I'm pretty sure the New York Court of Appeals does, although finding a 70-year old brief probably requires an appointment, a trip to Albany, and lots of patience.
bob

Post by bob »

chancery wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:21 pmThe California Supreme Court doesn't have archives of its case files?
Only the minute orders are onsite. Archived cases get shipped off to Sacramento.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Ah. But a sufficiently motivated person with time to spare could likely pull the papers from Sacramento? I thought you were suggesting that they had joined the choir invisible.

If I were in Sacramento, I might work up the energy to spend an afternoon trying to find them. I think it would be interesting to see what the, hmm, state of discourse about the natural born citizen clause sixty years ago. But I'm not in Sacramento, so it's not on.
bob

Post by bob »

chancery wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm Ah. But a sufficiently motivated person with time to spare could likely pull the papers from Sacramento? I thought you were suggesting that they had joined the choir invisible.
Even archives toss out old materials. But I'm not sure how long old documents must be retained. My WAG (emphasis on the G) is 70 years.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 pm
chancery wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm Ah. But a sufficiently motivated person with time to spare could likely pull the papers from Sacramento? I thought you were suggesting that they had joined the choir invisible.
Even archives toss out old materials. But I'm not sure how long old documents must be retained. My WAG (emphasis on the G) is 70 years.
If there are records retention requirements, those are often actually determined by law and available in some kind of "schedule". In the State of Florida that "schedule" is referred to as the "General Schedule". Under that schedule, records are categorized and different categories have different requirements for records retention.

:lol: The only reason I know this is that I wrote a document management system that allowed documents to be scanned in, select the General Schedule category for that document, record whatever other "demographics" about that document. You could also get a report listing everything that qualifies for destruction as of a certain date, search all documents under a certain GS schedule and category, etc. As well as on demand searching of documents for printing, checking how much longer it needs to be retained, etc. Other features as well, but you get the general idea.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

bob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 pm
And come to think of it, briefs in support of unsuccessful petitions probably have a lower archival priority than briefs in connection with cases selected for plenary review.

Return to “Other weirdos”