Just another day in Houston, Harris County TX

filly

Re: Just another day in Houston, Harris County TX

Post by filly »

22-year-old accused of shooting stepfather to death in north Harris County, sheriff says
https://abc13.com/harris-county-crime-c ... /11484796/
1 person shot and killed in altercation at Whataburger parking lot in northwest Houston, HPD says
https://abc13.com/houston-crime-man-sho ... /11484571/
Bodies of 3 teens found inside home in Crosby, Harris County sheriff says
https://abc13.com/crosby-death-investig ... /11484855/
17-year-old boyfriend charged with murder of teen girl killed while walking her dog
https://abc13.com/diamond-alvarez-shot- ... /11484298/

Boyfriend shot her 22 times.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Until now I was under the impression that the Republicans had chosen Chicago as their choice of a violent place :think: :confuzzled:
filly

Post by filly »

17-year-old dies after being shot while walking along Sims Bayou in SW Houston, police say
https://abc13.com/teen-shootings-housto ... /11487044/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

If my daughters were still teenagers I would be a wreck every time they left the house until they returned safely.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:42 am If my daughters were still teenagers I would be a wreck every time they left the house until they returned safely.
Well, I feel that way about my husband and myself too. Also.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:42 am If my daughters were still teenagers I would be a wreck every time they left the house until they returned safely.
Well, I feel that way about my husband and myself too. Also.
Good point. It is just that there seem to be so many shootings of and by teenagers. :?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Yes none of them should have guns but they all seem to get their hands on them.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:crying:
filly

Post by filly »

It's been a terrible few weeks here and some days I just cannot post all of the murder and mayhem. Summary:

* A deputy constable was executed during a traffic stop. Perp had a semi-automatic rifle and shot the officer multiple times through his windshield before he even got out of the car.

*The next day a deputy Sheriff was hit and killed by a drunk driver while on motorcycle duty. It was 1:30 in the morning and she had a newborn infant at home. She is, of course, out on bond.

*Multiple fatal shootings all over the metro area. (WE NEED MORE GUNS!)

Three HPD officers shot:
Suspect accused of shooting 3 HPD officers surrenders after standoff at Fifth Ward home, police say

According to authorities, at about 2:40 p.m., officers responded to a residence due to a possible domestic disturbance incident. When the suspect saw officers, he fled the scene in a vehicle and led officers on a chase, according to authorities.
Finner said the suspect crashed at the intersection of McGowen and Hutchinson. When the officers in pursuit got out of their vehicles, the suspect opened fire with a fully automatic gun, according to Finner. Three officers were struck.
Turner said one officer was shot in the foot, one was shot in the leg and the other was shot in the arm. All of their injuries are non-life-threatening.

According to Finner [HPD Chief of Police], the suspect then carjacked a white Mercedes and got away. Finner said the suspect led officers to a home on Lockwood, where he opened fire again. Officers returned fire. It's unclear if the suspect was hit during this shootout, but no officers were struck.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... 128e31e1ff

So now this:
Child shot in road rage incident as family headed to grocery store

Police say the girl and her family were on the way to the grocery store when they got caught in the middle of two racing drivers and one of those drivers shot at them.
https://abc13.com/road-rage-shooting-ho ... /11548223/

The girl is 9 years old.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

filly, that is awful. It's disheartening to me that we live in a country where these incidents happen so often they don't make national news. Gun violence is so prevalent it's just another day in an American city or town.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lauren Talarico@KHOULauren·32mJust arrived on scene. Working to get more information. BREAKING Two deputies and a suspect have been shot in northwest Harris County, according to @HCSOTexas.

We have a crew en route to gather more details. Sheriff Gonzalez said this is still an active scene. #khou11 #HouNews
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Another nine year old, “good” guy with a gun.
9-year-old girl struck by bullet in truck dies, suspect says he was chasing robber
The girl was in a truck with her family when she got shot, police said.

A 9-year-old girl died after a man who was held up at a Houston ATM fired at her family's pickup truck while attempting to shoot the robbery suspect, police said.

The suspect in the shooting, identified by police as Tony Earls, 41, was making a transaction at a drive-thru ATM at 2900 Woodridge Dr. in southeastern Houston with his wife Monday shortly before 10 p.m. when he was robbed at gunpoint, according to police.

"Earls first shot at the robbery suspect, who was fleeing on foot, and then at a pickup truck he thought the robbery suspect had gotten into," police said.

One of those rounds struck the back window of the pickup truck, which was occupied by a family of five that was not involved in the robbery, police said. A 9-year-old girl in the rear passenger seat was struck during the shooting, police said.

The girl, who has not been publicly identified by authorities, was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition. She was pronounced dead Tuesday afternoon, police said.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-houston- ... d=82901404
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"Earls first shot at the robbery suspect, who was fleeing on foot, and then at a pickup truck he thought the robbery suspect had gotten into," police said."
Now that's as bad as it can get, no visual clue after losing contact. :(
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Not sure which party this favors. Houston is heavily Democratic but the SE, W and NW outlying suburbs tend Republican. Also older voters who are most likely to vote by mail tend Republican.

In Texas the largest group of voters who can vote by mail are those over 65. Those over 65 voters are whiter and more Republican than the average TX voter. GOP Efforts to reduce mail voting might backfire.

Return to “General Stuff”