Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
humblescribe
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by humblescribe »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 am The better colleges and universities should stop accepting students who went to high school in Florida on the basis of them not getting an actual education.
Yabbut,

How many Florida high school graduates actually want to attend better colleges and universities? It is the SEC and ACC after all, amirite?

It has been a few years but do any institutions of higher education in the South even make the various lists of the best colleges and universities in the nation?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 am The better colleges and universities should stop accepting students who went to high school in Florida on the basis of them not getting an actual education.
Hey, wait a gosh darn minnit! I gradiated frum a Floriduh High School, but way many yeers ago, so maybe that asplains why I got me a guud edumacashun. Enuff to successfully go strate into one a them high falutin collages up in the north, anywayz and do reel reel reel good, even. Too. Also.

But yeah, things may be somewhat different these days.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

When I first returned from college I was asked what Boston was like by wide eyed friends.

"I never seen so many people with teeth and shoes in my life"

:lol:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Spox for DeSantisStan, at it again.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:34 pm
Hey, wait a gosh darn minnit! I gradiated frum a Floriduh High School, but way many yeers ago, so maybe that asplains why I got me a guud edumacashun. Enuff to successfully go strate into one a them high falutin collages up in the north, anywayz and do reel reel reel good, even. Too. Also.

But yeah, things may be somewhat different these days.
Confirm. Graduated from a SoFla high school in '87. Then graduated from NYU in '90. My brother graduated from the same high school as I was leaving NYU, and tried to go back there to teach mathematics (this a couple of years into his part time master's degree work in Library Science) in '98 or so and it had already gone to seed. He had to quit after two weeks. Our mutual former trigonometry teacher was sad to see him go, but acknowledged it wasn't the same high school anymore and he wasn't going to get the same quality of students our generation was in the previous decade.

Several of my 2nd cousins would attend the same school in the early aughts and through the early 2010s (my brother and I, two years apart, are the two eldest of our generation of the extended family, so most of the rest of the cousins of our generation are between 12 and 25 years younger than I am) and they would agree -- based on stories from myself, and the baby of my Mom's generation who graduated from there the decade before me, the place has gone to shit.

And this is a well to do, upper-middle-to-upper-class enclave in Broward County. So.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

This weeks sanctimonious asshole award goes to Ron DeSantis who used a quote from a Martin Luther King speech to justify a law that could make it illegal to teach students about the rest of the speech.

Gov. Ron DeSantis quotes Martin Luther King Jr. while proposing a Florida bill allowing parents to sue schools that teach critical race theory

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-gov-ron- ... fb&tsrc=fb

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

connectpoliticditto.
@cpoliticditto
BREAKING: Gov. Ron DeSantis declares that pre-school programs in Florida are now called “Pre-KKK”
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Nice how the very people that turned a public health crisis into a political football are so concerned about the politics of it all.

:roll:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:36 pm Nice how the very people that turned a public health crisis into a political football are so concerned about the politics of it all.

:roll:
Well, its not like hundreds of thousands of people are gonna...

nevermind

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Dr. DeSantis disagrees with the FDA.
'Sudden and reckless': DeSantis furious after FDA pulls authorization of antibody drugs

U.S. health officials say COVID-19 antibody drugs from Regeneron and Eli Lilly should no longer be used because they are unlikely to work against the omicron variant.

The Food and Drug Administration said Monday it is revoking emergency authorization for both drugs. If they prove effective against future variants, the FDA says it can reauthorize their use.

The move was expected because both drugmakers had previously said their drugs are less effective against omicron.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis released a statement demanding the Biden administration reverse the decision.

In a release from the governor, he called the decision "sudden and reckless."

"Without a shred of clinical data to support this action, Biden has forced trained medical professionals to choose between treating their patients or breaking the law," DeSantis said. "This indefensible edict takes treatment out of the hands of medical professionals and will cost some Americans their lives."

He demanded President Joe Biden reverse the decision.
:snippity:
https://www.wesh.com/article/desantis-r ... a/38880275
More bloviating from Dr. DeSantis at the link.

DeSantis statement: https://www.flgov.com/2022/01/24/govern ... reatments/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

I'm sure he just forgot to thank Brandon.
raison de arizona

As the DeSantis administration rails against the FDA decision to limit use of monoclonal antibody treatments made by Regeneron and Eli Lilly, worth noting both companies say they agree with the feds that these drugs aren’t effective against omicron.

Regeneron left, Lilly right:
Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: Without a shred of clinical data to support its decision, the Biden Administration has revoked the emergency use authorization for lifesaving monoclonal antibody treatments.
raison de arizona

Follow the money.
Lindy Li @lindyli wrote: Regeneron, which makes monoclonal antibodies, says that they don’t work against Omicron

Ron DeSantis is falsely claiming that they do

Citadel owns $16 million of Regeneron stock. Citadel CEO, his biggest donor, gave DeSantis $11 million

I’m sure this is just a coincidence 😒

Killing his own people to line the pockets of Ken Griffin, who gave him $11 million to run for President

Sounds like the Republican way

The path to the GOP nomination is paved with dead bodies
raison de arizona

Wow, he is SOOO bad.

More dickishness regarding his refusal to wear a mask:
► Show Spoiler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Is there a school that republicans attend to learn to obfuscate this way? They have been doing it for years.

Also, noticed nobody is wearing masks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

My favorite part is when this criminal doctor is asked the same question (do vaccines work) three times, and, after making a massive fool of himself the first two times with his condescending obfuscation, answers the third time with "Oh, I understand you now."

:sick: :sick: :sick:
raison de arizona

DeSantis’ anti-Fauci campaign ad.
https://air.tv/?v=Tp-ra6lWSu-FeyKRXpBOYQ
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis’ spokesperson tweeted this. She tried to delete it. Make sure your followers see it.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

XXX octane evil here, from the Caligula who runs the feudal state of Florida.
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.12.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.12.05 PM.png (176.26 KiB) Viewed 884 times
raison de arizona

Leechings for all!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:29 pm Leechings for all!
Should that not be "lynchings" for all?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:15 pm XXX octane evil here, from the Caligula who runs the feudal state of Florida.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.12.05 PM.png
Last November, as I finished up my yearly eye exam, my doctor made a stupid comment about being happy he lived in Free Florida and not one of those northern states where everyone is scared of everything. I was taken off guard and didn't respond. He turned around because, I guess, he was expecting confirmation. I just walked out. I didn't want to react too quickly so I've stewed about it for two months and decided that I can no longer trust his judgement* so I finally called the office today and requested I be assigned a new ophthalmologist. Not that there's any guarantee this one will be less wacko but she did run a low-fee eye clinic in Miami for several years, so I'm hopeful.

*When checking out the different doctors who practice with Tyson Eye, i went back and read my old doctor's bio (Kaplan, if anyone down here is interested) I saw he'd been appointed head of something something in my county by DeathSantis himself. That was the final straw.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: Last week, the Biden Administration requested the assistance of State National Guards to deploy to Washington D.C. I have rejected this request — there will be no @FLGuard sent to D.C. for Biden’s State of the Union.
For his next trick, DeSantis will start refusing federal dollars and start paying "his" National Guard out of state, not DoD coffers.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”