Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Foggy »

Two dozen lashes with a red licorice whip oughta fix you right up.

EVERY DAY at about this time Fogbow goes offline for about half an hour. By the time I reboot the server and get on a chat with the hosting company, it resolves itself. But it's getting old, so this time I decided to stay on the chat and force them to take a good look at it.

Lo and behold, they found an unusual entry in my error log, and they're going to send it upstairs to the REALLY COMPLICATED PROBLEM team, who will get back to me by email.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but when it inconveniences me it's time to get SRSLY. :boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

No worries. It's an easy reason to put the internet down, and get some morning chores done.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:57 am
keith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:53 am So how co e I have to login over and over and over and over?

The logon status shows my avatar and when I click on it it offers me the chance to logout, but if I try to, say, go to the user control panel by clicking on the menu item in that same drop down, I get bounced to the logi screen. And yes i am clicking on remember me.

This happens if I'm trying to reply too also.

Using Chrome on Android and Desktop both. I havent checked with firefox since it doesn't play nice with tweets.
viewtopic.php?t=305&start=25#p7423
Thanks again!

Give me another year and maybe I'll try another browser and I can ask the same dang question again all over again another time.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

keith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:06 pm Give me another year and maybe I'll try another browser and I can ask the same dang question again all over again another time.
:lol:

I knew I had shared a good link in this thread at one time so I just looked for it. I chuckled when I saw that it was you that I had shared the link with last year.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

realist wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm Just wanted to report that for no reason that I know of, beginning about an hour ago, I can now see tweets. It's a miracle, I suppose.

No idea how or why, but I'll take it.

:thumbsup:
Hooray! Our massive grassroots #FreeRealist campaign worked! :P We love you Realist! And clearly, there has been SO MUCH vital, universe shattering and breaking news that Rharon, Chuckles, Rev Dr Laity Esq & Company didn't have the bandwidth to keep up their attacks on you. Look at the long hous Rharon and her team put in for these deep dives into complex subjects, the time to research and confirm information doubled sourced meant they had to let Realist escape from not being able to see Tweets. There must have been endless meetings on Zoom ("Can't we fu*k with him some more?" No, that "Six Legal Rights You Are Entitled to After a Car Accident" is a blockbuster!") and it's delightful to have a happy ending. Though I still think they should all be reported to the UN Commission on Human Rights and copied on it. 8-)

PE.JPG
PE.JPG (130.93 KiB) Viewed 784 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just had something really weird happen. I'd been looking at a page for a while, and noticed that in the upper corner where it shows your user name (which is the header for the drop-list that lets you go to your profile, etc.) and it had my name spelled "Cristelda" instead of "Kriselda". I didn't think to make a screen cap of it or anything, and once I clicked over to my profile page to make sure nothing was wrong there (and there wasn't - everything was fine) I went back to the page I'd been on and it had my name spelled correctly.

Hopefully, this won't be a problem again, though it's really weird to see your name misspelled and then corrected without you doing anything other than changing pages, and I don't know if there's enough info for you to figure anything out, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has a weird occurrence like that.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:21 am I just had something really weird happen. I'd been looking at a page for a while, and noticed that in the upper corner where it shows your user name (which is the header for the drop-list that lets you go to your profile, etc.) and it had my name spelled "Cristelda" instead of "Kriselda". I didn't think to make a screen cap of it or anything, and once I clicked over to my profile page to make sure nothing was wrong there (and there wasn't - everything was fine) I went back to the page I'd been on and it had my name spelled correctly.

Hopefully, this won't be a problem again, though it's really weird to see your name misspelled and then corrected without you doing anything other than changing pages, and I don't know if there's enough info for you to figure anything out, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has a weird occurrence like that.
Theres a whole forum at Above Top Secret about that kind of thing. It jas something to do with the lizard people messing with the time line.

Or something.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

keith wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:58 am
Theres a whole forum at Above Top Secret about that kind of thing. It jas something to do with the lizard people messing with the time line.

Or something.
Oh, ok. Just so long as it's nothing with humanity-ending implications or anything like that :D
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

There's something wrong with the hosting company, every day I have trouble reaching the site at about the same time, 8:15 am or so.

I chatted with the hosting company support three days ago and and they said they found a problem and would work on it, keeping me updated by email. Three days later (today), I called back, having received no emails.

They said this time for sure they're going to work on it and keep me posted by email.

If I don't hear from them today, I am going to be very unpleasant about it. I pay those people a LOT of money, and I expect service.

Edit: OK, they got back to me quickly this time, apparently I was unpleasant enough on the chat and in my rating of the chat this morning. They say they fixed it and gave me the details, which I don't really understand but at least they found the problem.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Maybe their fix is why Active Topics is suddenly not graying out the red dots after I've read the new posts?
Estiveoshot_20220122_071913.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Lizard people. Can't live with 'em. Can't live without 'em. :mad:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:22 am Maybe their fix is why Active Topics is suddenly not graying out the red dots after I've read the new posts?
I appreciate the opportunity to laugh over Kap'n Karl's 'armada' several times, but I ignore the bloviating for the most part.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Hey Foggy,

I don't know how this can happen, but the "Active topics" page says I'm signed in as AndyinPA. :eek:

I immediately noticed it because we have different page styles; I'm ProSilver (I think). I see she has notifications and a PM. To AndyinPa, I didn't look at anything, just was shocked that I somehow have access. When I went to this page it says I'm the one signed in.

I will sign out and wait a while before signing back in.

I didn't mean to do it, really. :bag:

ETA: Man this is goofy. I tried to add another edit and the first ETA disappears. If I exit without editing, the first ETA is back. I think someone broke something....probably me. :bag: :bag:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

They installed NGINX, which you can read about here: https://nginx.com
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Something is very wrong here because I was logged in as "Mr. Gneiss" -- and I'm neonzx. :? I will log out immediately and restart my browser.
idunno.png
idunno.png (4.8 KiB) Viewed 638 times
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I'm having a super weird problem. If I click "Active Topics", it goes to that page, but my user name displays as Kriselda Gray and my screen changes to Hexagon style. I tried clicking something else and my user name change to johnThomas8 and my style changed to proSilver.

I ain't in Kansas anymore, dude!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So basically tapping on Active Topics feeds you an incorrect page. You are still you, but you’re seeing an image that belongs to someone else.

Solution: Don’t tap on Active Topics!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I f I search for a term and go to posts that way things are OK. If I go to unread posts then it shows no posts and a different style. :?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

While in unread topics after reading several topics and refreshing the page the page does not refresh. The same topics show as unread though they have been read.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I cleared my cookies and logged back in and now I can't even see my posting where I reported an issue.

When I click on the Active Topics link, my username is changing to Kriselda Gray and my style changes to that black one. Then I tried kitting the LOGOUT thinking I could log back in and eerytrhing would be fine, and when I did that, my username changed to johnThomas8 with proSilver (I think) board style.

Sumpin' ain't right Foggy!

I clicked on something else, then I was showing my normal user account and I clicked the Delete Cookies button and it logged me out. Then I logged back in and tried Active Topics again, and once again it changed me to Kriselda Gray account. I am not clicking or posting until it shows RVInit account, but when I logged back in, I couldn't see the entry where I first reported this issue.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Unread posts works properly on my Android phone using Chrome. Still wonky on my PC using Chrome.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RVInit wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:54 am I cleared my cookies and logged back in and now I can't even see my posting where I reported an issue.

When I click on the Active Topics link, my username is changing to Kriselda Gray and my style changes to that black one. Then I tried kitting the LOGOUT thinking I could log back in and eerytrhing would be fine, and when I did that, my username changed to johnThomas8 with proSilver (I think) board style.

Sumpin' ain't right Foggy!

I clicked on something else, then I was showing my normal user account and I clicked the Delete Cookies button and it logged me out. Then I logged back in and tried Active Topics again, and once again it changed me to Kriselda Gray account. I am not clicking or posting until it shows RVInit account, but when I logged back in, I couldn't see the entry where I first reported this issue.
That happens to me too.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Back to normal on the big screen.

BTW did the FEMA Camp get set up yet...would be a good time to do so hehehehehe
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm getting this when I hit active topics. Browser is Mozilla Firefox. For completeness I include my tabs so you can be horrified at the things I look at and watch. A video on playing Pac man! The Scandalous horror!

I don't use that coffee style, and my account name is not Andyinpa, nor do I have those notifications. I don't think he would want me inside him any more than I would want to be there. :lol:

Andy.jpg
Andy.jpg (273.11 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Hic sunt dracones
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

I get exactly what Suranis is showing when I hit "Active topics." The last time I was on this page, I was signed in as Suranis.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”