Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

bob

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: U.S. Senate - Pennsylvania

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

An obvious winner with his list of life achievements. :roll:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I can see why the former guy likes him. Another grifter.

And one who doesn't even live in Pennsylvania. He lives in New Jersey; has relatives here. Last night on the local news they said in an interview that he told the local interviewer that he voted in PA in 2020, using his in-law's address. How is that not voter fraud? :roll:

He will be attacked as a carpet bagger by the rest of the republicans running for that office.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

Dr. Oz is a Muslim. Boebert will accept him though.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

filly wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:51 pm Dr. Oz is a Muslim. Boebert will accept him though.
Yeah, its only the Democrat Muslims who are jihadist suicide bombers.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I saw Oz's first advertisement today for Senate. It's all his medical background that makes him a viable candidate for the Senate. And it was Washington's fault that the pandemic was handled so badly in the beginning. :crazy:

Nope. The former guy's fault.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/58 ... n-politics
Dr. Oz & the epidemic of reality TV stars in politics

The North Star for all these reality celebrities remains Trump — the man who went from “The Apprentice” to the White House, who withstood all the cracks in his reality-star bubble to win the biggest prize in politics. If he can do it, so can they.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

'Magic’ Weight-Loss Pills and Covid Cures: Dr. Oz Under the Microscope
The celebrity physician, a candidate in Pennsylvania’s Republican primary for Senate, has a long history of dispensing dubious medical advice on his daytime show and on Fox News.

By Trip Gabriel
Dec. 26, 2021

A wealth of evidence now shows that the malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were not effective at treating Covid-19 and carried potential risks.

But in the early months of the pandemic, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the celebrity physician with a daytime TV show, positioned himself as one of the chief promoters of the drugs on Fox News. In the same be-the-best-you tone that he used to promote miracle weight-loss cures on “The Dr. Oz Show,” he elevated limited studies that he said showed wondrous promise.

His “jaw dropped,” he said, while reviewing one tiny study from France, calling it “a game changer.” In all, Dr. Oz promoted chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine in more than 25 appearances on Fox in March and April 2020.

When a Veterans Affairs study showed that Covid-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine were more likely to die than untreated patients, that advocacy came to an abrupt halt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/26/us/p ... dvice.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He's advertising pretty heavily here, and I haven't seen any other R candidate advertising yet. I can't remember where I saw it yesterday, but he apparently holds dual US/Turkish citizenship, and he served in the Turkish army.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Pennsylvania Senate Race 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

It's a crowded field, with about a dozen people in the race for the primary win.

Mehmet Oz is the first carpetbagger.

https://www.bradfordera.com/news/oz-spe ... 8aebf.html
PHILADELPHIA (TNS) — If you live in Pennsylvania, there's a good chance you've been seeing Mehmet Oz on your television — and not like you used to.

The celebrity surgeon and former talk show host known as "Dr. Oz" is pouring millions of dollars into campaign ads as he runs for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate, buying up slots during Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, morning news shows and Fox News staples as he tries to grab an early advantage in a sprawling GOP primary.

Oz has already booked nearly $5 million of ad time from his Nov. 30 campaign launch through early February, drawing some comparisons to Gov. Tom Wolf's big splash in the 2014 Democratic primary. Wolf, a millionaire businessman with almost no political profile, ran a barrage of early ads about himself and his Jeep, and sprinted to the forefront before his rivals even got off the starting line. He never looked back.
Now we have another carpetbagger.

https://pennsylvaniadigitalnews.com/dav ... nate-race/
Hedge fund manager and Gulf War veteran David McCormick is taking his first formal steps toward joining Pennsylvania’s U.S. Senate race, making moves that could soon add another prominent Republican to one of the country’s most critical campaigns.

McCormick on Monday plans to file IRS paperwork creating the “Friends of Dave McCormick Exploratory Committee,” a precursor to a what could become a campaign entity, advisers told The Inquirer. And on Tuesday he plans to launch a statewide television ad featuring the potential candidate speaking on camera. The more than $1 million ad, which McCormick is paying for himself, according to an adviser, will push him into the public eye after he has spent weeks meeting privately with GOP leaders and donors.

The two steps represent McCormick’s first public indication of his intentions. He is widely expected to join the GOP Senate primary race early in the new year, though allies insist there’s been no final decision.

His campaign would add another significant figure to a race upended by the downfall of the previous front-runner, Sean Parnell, and the subsequent entry of celebrity surgeon Mehmet Oz. Republicans are still searching for a standout candidate in a race that could help determine control of the Senate.
McCormick was in Connecticut; just bought a home in Pittsburgh.

The ads are already ugly.
Notaperson

Re: Pennsylvania Senate Race 2022

Post by Notaperson »

deleted
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

John Fetterman has raised $9.3M this year in Senate bid, dwarfing Democratic and GOP rivals
Oct. 21, 2021
From Jan. 1 through mid-October, Fetterman raised nearly $9.3 million — at least triple and up to more than 10 times what more than two dozen fellow candidates have raked in thus far, according to forms filed with the Federal Election Commission.
:snippity:
Fetterman’s campaign said the $2.7 million raised in the third quarter of the year came from more than 94,000 individuals — including 24,000 first-time donors. Nearly 70% of those donors were individuals who contributed less than $200, according to an analysis by OpenSecrets, a Washington-based nonprofit that tracks campaign finances and lobbying.

Fetterman has $4.2 million cash on hand even after spending $5.1 million, with less than seven months to go before the May 17 primary.

With $2.6 million in contributions, U.S. Rep. Conor Lamb, D-Mt. Lebanon, has raised the next largest amount among Democrats, followed by Montgomery County Commissioner Valerie Arkoosh ($2.1 million), Philadelphia state Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta ($1.2 million), emergency room physician Dr. Kevin Baumlin ($580,000) and Philadelphia state Sen. Sharif Street ($366,000).

On the GOP side, Jeff Bartos, a Lower Merion real estate developer who vied unsuccessfully against Fetterman in the race for lieutenant governor in 2018, has raised a total of $2.8 million, records show. Trump-backed Sean Parnell, the Army Ranger and Fox News commentator of Cranberry who challenged Lamb for the House last year, picked up momentum in the third quarter and has raised a year-to-date total of $1.68 million.
https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/ ... op-rivals/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Pennsylvania Senate Race 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks. I looked, but didn't find it. I see I even posted in it. :bag:

I'll copy my first post into the other thread. Then I'll see if I can delete this, but probably not at this point. Foggy, if you see this, can you please delete it?

Edited to add: I can't delete an initial post, which I thought was a good possibility.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It's a crowded field, with about a dozen people in the race for the primary win.

Mehmet Oz is the first carpetbagger.

https://www.bradfordera.com/news/oz-spe ... 8aebf.html
PHILADELPHIA (TNS) — If you live in Pennsylvania, there's a good chance you've been seeing Mehmet Oz on your television — and not like you used to.

The celebrity surgeon and former talk show host known as "Dr. Oz" is pouring millions of dollars into campaign ads as he runs for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate, buying up slots during Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, morning news shows and Fox News staples as he tries to grab an early advantage in a sprawling GOP primary.

Oz has already booked nearly $5 million of ad time from his Nov. 30 campaign launch through early February, drawing some comparisons to Gov. Tom Wolf's big splash in the 2014 Democratic primary. Wolf, a millionaire businessman with almost no political profile, ran a barrage of early ads about himself and his Jeep, and sprinted to the forefront before his rivals even got off the starting line. He never looked back.
Now we have another carpetbagger.

https://pennsylvaniadigitalnews.com/dav ... nate-race/
Hedge fund manager and Gulf War veteran David McCormick is taking his first formal steps toward joining Pennsylvania’s U.S. Senate race, making moves that could soon add another prominent Republican to one of the country’s most critical campaigns.

McCormick on Monday plans to file IRS paperwork creating the “Friends of Dave McCormick Exploratory Committee,” a precursor to a what could become a campaign entity, advisers told The Inquirer. And on Tuesday he plans to launch a statewide television ad featuring the potential candidate speaking on camera. The more than $1 million ad, which McCormick is paying for himself, according to an adviser, will push him into the public eye after he has spent weeks meeting privately with GOP leaders and donors.

The two steps represent McCormick’s first public indication of his intentions. He is widely expected to join the GOP Senate primary race early in the new year, though allies insist there’s been no final decision.

His campaign would add another significant figure to a race upended by the downfall of the previous front-runner, Sean Parnell, and the subsequent entry of celebrity surgeon Mehmet Oz. Republicans are still searching for a standout candidate in a race that could help determine control of the Senate.
McCormick was in Connecticut; just bought a home in Pittsburgh.

The ads are already ugly.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Awww... poor baby. :lol:

Actually the White House is pretty good at getting rid of left over Trump trash.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wish that were going faster.

I'll be looking to see if this turns up in one of his ads. As I mentioned on a different thread earlier today, he's using a video of DFO coming on one of his shows, grinning at him as if he has DFO's support in the Senate race here. He doesn't.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

noblepa wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:40 pm
Yeah, its only the Democratic Muslims who are jihadist suicide bombers.
FIFY

It is a pet peeve of mine. No offense intended. Let's just don't do the dirty work for them. :oldman:
bob

Post by bob »

FWIW, some on the bird site aren't going to vote Dr. Oz because he isn't a natural-born citizen. :roll:

(He is, and members of Congress don't have to be natural-born citizens to serve.)
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Nope. I could wander over there, naturalise and be elected to Congress or the Senate after a period of time had passed.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

You're not alone, Rick.
filly

Post by filly »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:01 pm Awww... poor baby. :lol:

Actually the White House is pretty good at getting rid of left over Trump trash.
And Jim Comey was appointed to a 10 year term then Trump, oh, never mind.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

More on the terminations. Oz and Herschel Walker.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/23/politics ... index.html
It’s against the Biden administration’s policy for federal candidates to serve on presidential boards, according to a White House official. The official said letters to Oz and Walker were sent Wednesday requesting their resignations by 6 p.m.

Oz, who’s seeking the GOP nod in a contentious primary, blasted the move in a statement. “President Trump appointed me to two terms on the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition. The White House just emailed me demanding my resignation by the end of the day,” he wrote. “Clearly, Joe Biden can’t be around anyone who doesn’t completely fall in line with his fear-mongering authoritarian one-size-fits-all COVID handling. I am proud of my service and will not resign.”

CNN has reached out to Walker’s campaign for comment.

Members of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, & Nutrition are considered special government employees, who, per the Hatch Act, “may not be candidates in partisan elections” while conducting official government business.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Waaaaahhh!
Call the waaaahmbulance!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Easy solution... stop running for Federal office.

Return to “U.S. Senate”