Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

Uninformed

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by Uninformed »

“'Trump is so scared': RNC accused of 'humiliating itself' after threatening to pull out of presidential debates”
https://www.rawstory.com/republicans-pu ... f-deabtes/

“The New York Times reported Thursday that the Republican Party sent a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates saying it's working to ensure that if Donald Trump doesn't want to do the debates he doesn't have to.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

If I am a stable genius and my opponent has dementia, and I’m unethical, I’d be good with debating away.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:08 pm “'Trump is so scared': RNC accused of 'humiliating itself' after threatening to pull out of presidential debates”
https://www.rawstory.com/republicans-pu ... f-deabtes/

“The New York Times reported Thursday that the Republican Party sent a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates saying it's working to ensure that if Donald Trump doesn't want to do the debates he doesn't have to.”
It's worse than that, they are demanding that any RNC Presidential Candidate pledge to not participate in the bipartisan debates.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:32 pm I was listening to FoxNews this AM, and during their story of Biden's Bare Shelves they let loose some stats from some quasi-authoritative sounding source. They said that typically a grocery has 5-10% of items out of stock at any given time, and that currently due to "Biden's mismanagement" that number is approaching 15% in some cases. Hardly empty shelves, even using their numbers. :shrug:

They also had on some dairy farmer lady. She sounded like a nutjob. She said that due to Biden, she doesn't have enough milk to provide to grocery stores. But that being said, that she really cares about people and is willing to provide milk to people free of charge. So- she doesn't have enough to ship to grocery stores, but she has enough to give it away for free? :shrug:

I haz questions.
I was out yesterday and today, pretty much stocking up on food so that I don't have to go shopping for a while. I went to Costco, Trader Joe's, and the local high-end major local area grocer. Costco was overflowing with everything and anything. Trader Joe's was also well stocked, and so was the Market District. I don't doubt that there are some problems somewhere, but I'm not seeing it. There was one thing I couldn't get in Costco, and it's never always in stock. This is the winter, and the weather can create issues. Biden has nothing to do with that. I just get so tired of all this crap, and more tired yet of all the people who believe it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Joe Biden, the nation’s grocery store manager. :roll:

Jeebus, these fucking people.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I frequently get pictures sent to me by my Shipt shoppers of an entire section of shelves that are bare. But it's always for a specific type of item that I requested (latest examples: egg noodles and brown sugar - sold out of all brands); the neighboring shelves are full. This has been the case since March of 2020, and sometimes happened before then.
raison de arizona

I saw some emptiness in the pasta shelf for certain brands at the local store. I inquired, and they said they had the product, but what they were missing were stockers to put it on the shelves due to Covid absences. Which makes sense, the latest numbers on my ZIP code for the week show a whopping 41% positivity rate. Lots of businesses around here have been cutting back on hours as well.

In other news...
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
·
Jan 13, 2022
The DC vaccine mandate kicks in this weekend. My office will not comply. We will not show papers. We will not order takeout from restaurants that require papers for dine in. We will get our food from Virginia or we will bring it to work. Shame has befallen our nation’s capital.
Eric Feigl-Ding
@DrEricDing
Virginia is for lovers - of public health & protecting others. Stay on your own side of the river. Please pack your own lunch for work.
Rep. Swawell responds:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Inquiring minds want to know what sort of draconian cheeseburger laws are on teh books in North Carolina?!?
Bo Hines @BoHines wrote: You need 3 forms of ID to get a cheeseburger but no ID to vote... let that sink in.
tek

Post by tek »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:25 pm
Bo Hines @BoHines wrote: You need 3 forms of ID to get a cheeseburger but no ID to vote... let that sink in.
Is this embellishment, exaggeration, or hyperbole?

Discuss.
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:30 pm

Discuss.
Normally I would assume it was one or more of those three, but this is Bo Hines, so... :shrug:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

but I #4.png
but I #4.png (392.94 KiB) Viewed 934 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pol ... -rcna12122
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem released a national advertisement on Thursday promoting legislation that targets transgender youths.

Without saying the word "transgender" or "trans," the ad promotes a bill that Noem, a Republican, introduced last month. The measure would prevent trans girls from playing on any female sports teams at school, including club teams.

Noem, the first woman to serve as South Dakota governor, said it would be "the strongest law in the nation protecting female sports."

"In South Dakota, only girls play girls' sports," the ad begins. "Why? Because of Gov. Kristi Noem's leadership. Noem has been protecting girls' sports for years and never backed down."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Discuss.
It's grifter gibberish employed to gull credules.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
bob

Post by bob »

Discuss.
To be extremely charitable, I think it is a callback to that "Biden Bans Burgers!!1!" meme, which was a (willful) misinterpretation of his administration's goals regarding climate change.
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bob wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Discuss.
To be extremely charitable, I think it is a callback to that "Biden Bans Burgers!!1!" meme, which was a (willful) misinterpretation of his administration's goals regarding climate change.
Well, I don't need any ID to get a hamburger, but I do need ID to vote (and proof of citizenship to register to vote), so I'd just say it is a complete and utter fabrication.

And too also: it is total bullshit.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm
bob wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Discuss.
Well, I don't need any ID to get a hamburger, but I do need ID to vote (and proof of citizenship to register to vote), so I'd just say it is a complete and utter fabrication.

And too also: it is total bullshit.
Some places require vaxx card and ID (to prove it’s your vaxx card) to dine in.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:22 pm Some places require vaxx card and ID (to prove it’s your vaxx card) to dine in.
Oh, three points! Could it be, vax card, photo ID to go with vax card, and credit card to pay for the hamberder?

I'm going with gibberish.
keith

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:22 pm Some places require vaxx card and ID (to prove it’s your vaxx card) to dine in.
Not to pick up a hamburger from the Macca's drive-thru you don't.

Down here in the land of Oz, we do need 'proof of vax' to dine in (or to enter most venues of any kind in Victoria anyway), but that is not an ID. And its a very convenient app on the phone (you can have a printed copy if you don't use a phone).

The vaccination certificate is NOT an ID card. Period.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 pm

Down here in the land of Oz, we do need 'proof of vax' to dine in (or to enter most venues of any kind in Victoria anyway), but that is not an ID. And its a very convenient app on the phone (you can have a printed copy if you don't use a phone).

I’m confused. I said some places require proof of vaccination plus proof of identity. Nothing about a vaccination card being ID. :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:26 pm
Oh, three points! Could it be, vax card, photo ID to go with vax card, and credit card to pay for the hamberder?

I'm going with gibberish.
Whatever it is, it’s not a big deal.
keith

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:16 pm
keith wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 pm

I’m confused. I said some places require proof of vaccination plus proof of identity. Nothing about a vaccination card being ID. :confuzzled:
Forgive me for not being 100% clear. Raison de Arizona was attempting to iterate what 'ID' the claimant might have been talking about and I was responding to that.

It is this simple: Nobody needs ID to get a hamburger, and the original complainer is trolling and you DO need ID (which varies according to jurisdiction) to vote and especially to register to vote.

Even if you want to get into a restaurant and sit down instead of going through the drive-thru you don't need ID.

You may need to demonstrate that you have been vaccinated or are exempt from being vaccinated to enter a restaurant. If you are surrounded by a community of spreadnecks who are trying to game the system the venue my want to verify that you aren't using forged documents. It shouldn't be that way, but it is fundamentally the fault of those who are complaining about it because they don't want to be caught cheating. But even then you are not showing to get a hamburger - you are showing ID to enter the venue.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jackie DeFusco
@Jackie8News
BREAKING:
@GlennYoungkin
is signing 11 executive actions on his first day in office. They include banning critical race theory, ending the statewide school mask mandate & rescinding the vax mandate for state employees
@8NEWS
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I think this title is redundant repukes are bad
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
raison de arizona

Some real data on the so-called "empty shelves," which I heard about yet again on FoxNews this morning...

More at link.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”