Larry Klayman

Notorial Dissent

Re: Larry Klayman

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:52 am

bob wrote:Klayman is literally arguing that a ruling by different court with different plaintiffs and different operative facts is controlling. :crazy:

:yankyank:
And this is somehow different, surprising, or unexpected considering the source?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:59 am

bob wrote:So the biggest thing Klayman has every done is ... obtain a preliminary injunction that was immediately stayed by the appellate court. In a case that is now moot.
Klayman's ob. opposition to government's motion to vacate injunction and motion to dismiss appeal as moot.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

bob

Post by bob » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Klayman says the D.D.C. held hearings today in his three(!) NSA suits.

:yawn:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:20 pm

bob wrote:Klayman says the D.D.C. held hearings today in his three(!) NSA suits.

:yawn:
a hearing to discuss the status of three ongoing cases against the NSA

bob

Post by bob » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote: :yankyank:
Tell me about it: USN&WR: Feds Throw Kitchen Sink at NSA Lawsuits:
Justice Department urges judge to quash three surveillance cases.

Government attorneys moved in for the kill Friday, seeking to end the relative luck of legal activist Larry Klayman in his lawsuits against government surveillance.

The audience was smaller than at past hearings, perhaps because of the USA Freedom Act-ordered end to automatic bulk collection of domestic call records in November, but Klayman pressed ahead, urging U.S. District Judge Richard Leon to keep the fight alive.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 pm

WND: Rubio & Cruz: Ineligible and phonies!:
Exclusive: Larry Klayman say slamming Trump will only help him get nomination

But I have had enough of the Republican establishment and its phony, ineligible, “anti-establishment” candidates, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.

Neither his fellow Cuban-American presidential candidate Ted Cruz – and I love the Cuban people, so this is not an attack on them – nor Rubio, the two “Havana twins,” is eligible to even run for the presidency as a “natural born citizen” under our Constitution. Neither of them was born in the United States to American citizen parents at the time of their birth, as is established by the law, no matter what misleading spin talk-show hosts and legal pundits like Bill O’Reilly and Andrew Napolitano claim to be true. One need only look to the Supreme Court case of Minor v. Happersett 88 U.S. 162 (1875), and the definition of “natural born citizen” as codified in the treatise our Founding Fathers used to define terms in the Constitution, Emmerich de Vattel’s “The Law of Nations.” Indeed, our late great Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia himself often looked to “The Law of Nations” to define terms in the Constitution he dedicated his life to protect and preserve.
So much :yankyank: at the link. I cite only because I don't recall Klayman going birther on Rubio before.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:05 pm

It's heartwarming to see KKKlayman and Blovario stuck on the same stoopid.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:31 am

Nothing shows how much GIL loves the Cuban people like calling two guys who have never set foot in Havana in their lives "the Havana twins" in an essay clearly meant to be vitriolic. Boy, that "Havana twins," that's really a mean thing to say! :fingerwag:

... and Scalia thought natural born citizenship was jus soli.
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 am

For my sins I was the recipient of a letter from Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch. It was dated February 15, 2016 and the front of the envelope had this message in 20 point type: "Hussein Obama, the self-appointed Mullah-in-Chief of the United States, has openly declared where his loyalty lies ... and it's NOT with America!"

Inside a six-page letter that repeatedly identifies the President as "Hussein Obama" - without his first name - and tells us "Remember, Hussein Obama grew up in an Islamic nation, daily attending a radical madrassa ...." - which I suppose describes the 3½ years that the President spent in Indonesia attending the Saint Francis Catholic School. The President is also described as "a Black Muslim" - which is a somewhat dated reference to Farrakhan's Nation of Islam, which teaches stuff very different from what would be taught in an Islamic country like Indonesia and is, moreover, a not very oblique reference to the President's father's race as well as suggesting a hostility to his mother's race. Etc. You'd never learn from this letter that Obama was the one who finally ordered Bin Laden taken down or that he's committed thousands of troops to fighting ISIS, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, et al.

The point of the letter is that I am (with a form letter to Congress already bearing my name) to demand that laws be enacted to prevent Muslims from entering this country, without regard to their national origin, intentions, professional skills, etc.

Klayman identifies himself as Founder and General Counsel of Freedom Watch.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 am

And where would KKKlayman be today if the US had wholesale restricted Jewish immigration???
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

bob

Post by bob » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:55 pm

law360: DC Circuit Ends 9/11 Firefighter's Libel Suit Against Atty:
The D.C. Circuit ruled [in February] that a lower court was right to throw out a 9/11 firefighter’s defamation suit against an attorney who made negative remarks about him in litigation over a proposed Islamic center near Ground Zero, saying the court lacked jurisdiction.

A D.C. federal judge dismissed the lawsuit in 2014 after ruling that it failed on the merits, but after plaintiff Vincent Forras appealed to the D.C. Circuit, the appellate court concluded that the lower court didn’t need to reach the merits of the case because it lacks jurisdiction over the defendant attorney, Adam Leitman Bailey, and should have dismissed it on those grounds.

“Defendant Bailey never set foot in the district in the two decades prior to the lawsuit; the lawsuit arises from allegedly defamatory statements Bailey made in a New York state court filing that were later published by a New York reporter in a New York paper,” Friday’s opinion said.

Under controlling circuit precedent, the complaint made no plausible allegation of personal jurisdiction over Bailey, and the district court should have promptly dismissed the case on that basis, the appellate court said.

Rauf, represented by Bailey, filed a motion to dismiss that New York action in October 2010. The motion to dismiss contained a number of fiery remarks about Forras and his attorney, Larry Klayman, such as: "Plaintiff's view is simple. According to him, Islam equates with terrorism," and, "His cause and his case have all the rationality of one who would seek to tear down New York City's Chinatown as vengeance for Pearl Harbor on the theory that all Asians are alike."
D.C. Cir.'s decision.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Some articles about Klayman's NSA suit. :yawn:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Larry Klayman argued the cause and filed the briefs for appellants.

Christopher G. Hoge argued the cause and filed the brief for appellee Adam Leitman Bailey.

Karl A. Racine, Attorney General for the Office of the District of Columbia, Ariel B. Levinson-Waldman, Senior Counsel to the Attorney General, Todd S. Kim, Solicitor General, and Loren L. AliKhan, Deputy Solicitor General, were on the brief for amicus curiae District of Columbia in support of appellees as to the applicability and constitutionality of the Anti-SLAPP Act.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:46 pm

In 2014 Larry Klayman filed a FOIA request with the BLM on behalf of Michele Fiore and others trying to get info on the BLM's court cases against Cliven Bundy. Does anyone know how this turned out?
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:09 pm

In the endless attempt to harass his ex and her lawyers, he loses again.
03/16/2016 39 OPINION AND ORDER granting 16 Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim; granting 16 Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Jurisdiction; granting 18 Motion to Dismiss. This case is CLOSED. Signed by Judge Kenneth A. Marra on 3/15/2016. (ir)
NOTICE: If there are sealed documents in this case, they may be unsealed after 1 year or as directed by Court Order, unless they have been designated to be permanently sealed. See Local Rule 5.4 and Administrative Order 2014-69. (Entered: 03/16/2016)
Executive summary:

1. Court lacks subject matter jurisdiction (though Rooker-Feldmen does not apply here)
2. Court lacks personal jurisdiction
3. Klayman is crap at pleading RICO (my paraphrase of the court's explanation)
4. Though dismissed without prejudice, this does mean he can refile in this forum/court because jurisdiction can not be cured.
5. Court retains jurisdiction in regards to the law firms motion to enjoin GIL from harassing them further in federal court, i.e sanctions.
Klayman v deluca dismissal.pdf
Bonus footnote while discussing applicability of Rooker-Feldman:
9 The closest that the Eleventh Circuit came to addressing this issue in a published decision was in
Sibley v. Lando, 437 F.3d 1067 (11th Cir. 2005). Sibley was a post-Exxon case in which the plaintiff brought a § 1983 action against several state-court judges for millions of dollars in damages based on rulings made against the plaintiff. Id. at 1069–70. In a footnote, the court stated: “Sibley does not ask us to fix an erroneous state court judgment, which we could not do, but rather to award $10 million against each state court judge who participated in his cases. This alignment of parties distinguishes this case from a case where review under the Rooker-Feldman doctrine would be
appropriate.” Id. at 1070 n.3.
Yes, that Sibley.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Volkonski wrote:

In 2014 Larry Klayman filed a FOIA request with the BLM on behalf of Michele Fiore and others trying to get info on the BLM's court cases against Cliven Bundy. Does anyone know how this turned out?
I saw nothing on Pacer for this, at least, not under his name.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Volkonski wrote:

Sounds like KKKlayman, but all he can possibly get are the ones already tried and closed, I would think anything current would be outside FOIA reach, and he should know that, I don't expect Fiore to she doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground, both empty spaces.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Volkonski wrote:

An FOIA request would not be on PACER.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:15 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Northland10 wrote:
Volkonski wrote:

An FOIA request would not be on PACER.
No, it would not, but his MO has often been to sue the agency to respond. I was checking, assuming he received a NO or the agency did not respond in what GIL thought was an appropriate time.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:35 pm

One of Klayman's lesser cases got bounced yesterday: Klayman v. CIA, No. 14-472 (D.D.C. Mar. 22, 2016).

Executive summary: Klayman made a FOIA request to the CIA regarding Raymond Allen Davis; the CIA Glomar'ed; Klayman sued; and Klayman lost because the Glomar response was appropriate.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:48 pm

GIL's Freedom watch apparently has had some problems filing 990s. He was revoked at some point, so filed 2011, 2012 and 2013 last October. Well, we are now in March of 2016 and 3 years from 2013 so, from GuideStar:
FREEDOM WATCH INC
WASHINGTON, DC www.freedomwatchusa.org

This organization's exempt status was automatically revoked by the IRS for failure to file a Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, or 990-PF for 3 consecutive years. Further investigation and due diligence are warranted.
I took a quick glance at the existing 990s and Freedom Watch claimed in contributions:

2011: 889K
2012: 1.5M
2013: 2.1M

As President working 70 hours a week (yeah, right), he is paid around 320K down from 344K in 2011. Yet, he manages to find time to claim poverty.

Ted Baehr and Louise Benson are both listed as directors, so they may be some of the cadre of Klayman donors.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:51 pm

I never would imagine he had that much funding.

Is donor info public?

chancery

Post by chancery » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:13 pm

He's unfortunately effective at what he does, which is creating legal/political spectacles for his rightwing fans. So I'm more sorry than surprised to learn that he has supporters willing to fund his shenanigans.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:06 am

mimi wrote:I never would imagine he had that much funding.

Is donor info public?
I am not sure but I suspect there may be a member here who knows the answer.

Freedom Watch is actually classified as a Private Operating Foundation and the forms the did eventually were 990-PFs.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:24 pm

FW: Freedom Watch founder sues Republican establishment to validate vote in Republican Florida:
Today Larry Klayman, the founder of Judicial Watch and now Freedom Watch sued the Republican establishment, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, the Republican National Committee, the Republican Party of Florida and party and election officers including the Florida Secretary of State for conspiring to defraud Florida Republican voters of their vote in the Florida Republican Primary previously held on March 15, 2016. While the winner of that vote was presidential candidate Donald Trump, as alleged in the complaint, which can be found at http://www.freedomwatchusa.org, it was not filed to support his or any other candidacy. Rather, the complaint, which asked for declaratory relief prior to the Republican National Convention in July 2016, is intended to validate the vote of Republican voters and not allow the Republican establishment to pervert the nomination process by not having their vote count. It has been widely reported and in fact admitted by the Defendants and others that the Republican elites want to take away the right of the people to decide who should be the Republican Party nominee and insert one of their own establishment hacks, someone like widely-discredited Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, who just caved into President Obama during the budget process.

"It has even been reported by The Washington Post that the Republican establishment is busy attempting to in effect bribe delegates so they can nominate one of their own like Ryan or someone else who will further their power and money gravy train in Washington, D.C. This complaint, the first of its kind, will set a precedent for Republican voters in other states to take similar actions to preserve the sanctity of their primary vote. While I am a Florida citizen and voted in the Florida Republican Primary, the complaint and the predicted declaratory judgment in my favor and for all Florida Republican voters will set a precedent nationwide. We cannot allow Republican establishment party hacks to take away our constitutional right," stated Klayman.
The complaint (which, curiously, is titled "Voeltz").

Return to “Miscellaneous”