Republicans behaving badly

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Indiana Senator Walks Back Instruction To Teacher Not To Condemn Nazism To Students
A right-wing Indiana state senator has backtracked on his shocking instructions to a history teacher during a legislative hearing this week not to criticize Nazism or fascism to his students.

During the hearing Wednesday, teacher Matt Bockenfeld noted that his class was “learning about the rise of fascism and the rise of Nazism right now,” adding: “I’m just not neutral on the political ideology of fascism. We condemn it, and we condemn it in full.”

The purpose, he said, is to help students “recognize it and combat it. That is why we learn: To use history to make a better world.”

Republican Sen. Scott Baldwin responded: “We need to be impartial.” He also said he wasn’t “discrediting” Nazism.

Baldwin emphasized that it’s fine to discuss the existence of the “isms,” like fascism and Nazism. But “we’ve gone too far when we take a position on those ‘isms,’” he told Bockenfeld. “We need to be the purveyor of reason. We just provide the facts.”
:snippity:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/indiana- ... 37aea2a5b4

This is the senator for the 20th district including Noblesville which has a rather famous history with the Klan. They take their racism seriously in those parts.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Did this Baldwin have family members who fought in Europe against the Nazis?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:biggrin: clash of the Titans - Sen. Baldwin versus Rep. Greene over :cantlook: commun-ism
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1 ... tol-attack
Group of Georgia GOP actually wanted to honor insurrectionists in Capitol attack

A Cobb County committee of the worse kind of Georgia Republicans was actually planning a candlelight vigil in honor of the insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. “The Patriots Are Awake, Willing and Eager to Protect Their American Freedoms & Liberties,” read an event flier The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) obtained. The two-hour event was supposed to include a livestream of former President Donald Trump's news conference from Florida, which has since been canceled, as well as the vigil for the “J6 Patriots,” a nickname for those who attempted to overthrow the election results and stop the rightful president from taking office.

AJC reporter Greg Bluestein tweeted about Trump's impact on the county GOP in the fourth largest county in metro Atlanta. "The Cobb GOP was once the heart of the mainstream GOP in Georgia, but Trump’s rise has pulled the local party to the far right," Bluestein wrote. The event in honor of the violent extremists was ultimately canceled in what Jason Shepherd, a former chairman of the Cobb County Republican Party, said was the “right choice.”

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

southpaw
@nycsouthpaw
“Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today,” the Arlington Republican Club said in a statement.

Quote Tweet
The Daily Beast
@thedailybeast
· 38m
A well-known conservative activist in Arlington, Texas, who peddled COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has died of complications caused by the virus—just a few weeks after attending a “symposium” against the shots https://trib.al/dAQwuUe
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

FAFO
ImageImageImage x5
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

c'est la vie
:shrug: :whistle:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The Anti-Vax Death Symposium claims another victim! :violin:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“I Had just texted with her yesterday and she said she was doing well, fighting off this damn Covid in both of her lungs that turned into double pneumonia, so I am quite shocked to get this news,” wrote one friend who identified herself as Jennifer Talbert Frank.
This getting/feeling better, then taking a turn for the worse and dying has been dubbed the “dead cat bounce.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Is anyone actually running into this? I keep hearing about it, but haven't seen it and don't know anyone that has, despite my state being represented in the picture. The only shortage I've run into was an absolute dearth of CoolWhip the day prior to Thanksgiving. Which I accept responsibility for.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Nope. Kevin hasn’t run into it either.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I bet he gets busted on the source of those photos in less than a day.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:20 pm Is anyone actually running into this? I keep hearing about it, but haven't seen it and don't know anyone that has, despite my state being represented in the picture. The only shortage I've run into was an absolute dearth of CoolWhip the day prior to Thanksgiving. Which I accept responsibility for.
Yes.

Not because of supply-chain issues, but worker-supply issues, i.e., the stockers are all out sick.

If only Biden had proposed solutions to that. :think:
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:34 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:20 pm Is anyone actually running into this? I keep hearing about it, but haven't seen it and don't know anyone that has, despite my state being represented in the picture. The only shortage I've run into was an absolute dearth of CoolWhip the day prior to Thanksgiving. Which I accept responsibility for.
Yes.

Not because of supply-chain issues, but worker-supply issues, i.e., the stockers are all out sick.

If only Biden had proposed solutions to that. :think:
Product could get scarce for the same reason.

Called pharmacy about prescription that I ordered a week ago. Processing is backed up 2-3 weeks (we can guess why). If urgent, they can try to bump up. (It’s not.)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I asked my husband and caretaker (who do all the shopping since I can't leave the house) and neither has run into anything they'd call "bare shelves." There one particular flavor of a specific brand of ice cream that only one store seems to carry and they run out on occasion, and my caretaker has noticed that occasionally something like a specific type of shampoo may have a blank area on an otherwise full shelf or a certain kind of milk may be sold out, but stuff is usually back in stock in a day or two.

I think Mr. McCarthy there is grasping at straws to find anything to blame Biden for.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I don't know about the other islands, but here I've seen shortages, not empty shelves.

Canned goods, toilet paper and shelf milk are snapped up if there's a warning for potential hurricanes, flooding, tsunami, and now lock downs. But everyone grabs the cheapest brands. If you want premium toilet paper, etc., it's available.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

There are some products that are out at my grocery store when I am there, but I tend to blame that on the fact that I go after 7pm often, including on Friday, and they have not restocked recently. The only bare shelves are where Jewel is busy changing it over to something else as they like to do.

In almost all cases, while my preferred product may not be available, an alternate is.

Actually, IIRC, there are fewer empty shelves now than there were in the spring of 2020. Reality tells us it was from panic buying especially on TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and anything bleach-related. If we were to use the OUTRAGE!!! method of the GOP, we should have blamed it on Trump.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Oh, look, in the comments accounts with private profiles are using that hash tag. What a coinky dinky.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:22 pm I bet he gets busted on the source of those photos in less than a day.
UK Brexit :?: :cantlook: :biggrin:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Daniel Goldman
@danielsgoldman
·
1h
Did Trump know about the forged election documents?

Julia Davis
@JuliaDavisNews
·
19m
'Pretending to be Electors for Trump': Republicans in at least three states filed forged elector letters.
raison de arizona

Lock 'em up!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Protesters descend on WA Board of Health after misinformation about vaccine plans goes viral

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... _inset_1.1
The state Board of Health, they claimed, was about to authorize local health officials and police to round up people for refusing to get coronavirus vaccines and forcibly lock them up in quarantine facilities.

It wasn’t true. There was no such plan.

But the falsehood spread with omicron-like rapidity, fueled by misinformation from anti-vaccine activists, some conservative radio hosts and at least three Republican congressional candidates.

By the time the health board convened on Wednesday, the usually obscure panel had been deluged with more than 30,000 emails, hundreds of calls and requests from some 8,000 people to testify at its virtual public meeting. Some of the messages included threats to board members and staff.
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:23 am Protesters descend on WA Board of Health after misinformation about vaccine plans goes viral

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... _inset_1.1
:snippity:
By the time the health board convened on Wednesday, the usually obscure panel had been deluged with more than 30,000 emails, hundreds of calls and requests from some 8,000 people to testify at its virtual public meeting. Some of the messages included threats to board members and staff.
The world has gone crazy. Well, at least the crazies are feeling empowered to float their crazy publicly.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:20 pm
Is anyone actually running into this? I keep hearing about it, but haven't seen it and don't know anyone that has, despite my state being represented in the picture. The only shortage I've run into was an absolute dearth of CoolWhip the day prior to Thanksgiving. Which I accept responsibility for.
The only thing I've noticed missing from shelves are sponges and juice boxes. Yesterday at PUblix, in the pet food aisle, one brand of canned cat food was missing, although there were plenty of others to choose from. I saw a woman take a very close photo highlighting only the two empty shelves, about three feet in length each. I stared her down and thought about asking her to be sure to include a wide angle shot, but then I remembered I live in Florida and they'll shoot you for anything down here (see Florida Man thread.)
ImageImageImage x5
raison de arizona

I was listening to FoxNews this AM, and during their story of Biden's Bare Shelves they let loose some stats from some quasi-authoritative sounding source. They said that typically a grocery has 5-10% of items out of stock at any given time, and that currently due to "Biden's mismanagement" that number is approaching 15% in some cases. Hardly empty shelves, even using their numbers. :shrug:

They also had on some dairy farmer lady. She sounded like a nutjob. She said that due to Biden, she doesn't have enough milk to provide to grocery stores. But that being said, that she really cares about people and is willing to provide milk to people free of charge. So- she doesn't have enough to ship to grocery stores, but she has enough to give it away for free? :shrug:

I haz questions.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”