Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
pipistrelle

Re: Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

Post by pipistrelle »

Fox used one of the least crazy of his quotations.
"Did anyone raise their hand and say, ‘We completely messed this up?'" Scheller had asked in a video. "I’m not saying we can take back what has been done. All I asked for was accountability, for people to comment on what I said and to say, ‘Yes. Mistakes were made.’ And had they done that I would've gone back into rank and file, submitted, and accomplished what I wanted."
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

Post by Luke »

That's a big disappointment. How could they not consider that this opens the door to a flood of these "contempt toward officers, disrespect toward superior commissioned officers and failure to obey order or regulation" issues? Sure seems like it's going to hurt morale to have all this second guessing.

Can he now post anything he wants on YouTube and Facebook? Are all restictions lifted?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Heh. Missed this… And personally, as a military retiree who really cares about the public perception of the military justice system, I’m glad the military judge in this case didn’t let the ultra-right turn this trial into a circus.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Zoom call was silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
Georia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene repeatedly had her Zoom call muted at the sentencing of Lt Col. Stuart Scheller. He was pleading guilty for defying a gag order by publicly criticizing the US withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Scheller has pleaded guilty to six misdemeanor charges, including displaying contempt toward officials, disrespecting superior commissioned officers, and displaying conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.

Congresswoman Greene appeared at the hearing to pledge her support for the Marine whose social media posts critical of the current and former US government went viral. Col. Glen Hines, the military judge, ruling on Scheller's case, repeatedly cut her off.

Hines said Greene taking the opportunity to call for Biden's impeachment was irrelevant, and therefore cut her stream, according to the Marine Times.
https://www.businessinsider.com/marjori ... er-2021-10

The Marine Times article said,
Amid repeated relevancy objections from Lt. Col. Nicholas Gannon, the Marine Corps’ top prosecutor, Greene was cut off multiple times by Col. Glen Hines, the military judge who will rule on Scheller’s sentence Friday.
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/y ... -tomorrow/
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He went viral, to the brig and is now leaving the Marines. His family says the Corps failed him
:snippity:
While the Marine Corps has agreed to accept Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller’s resignation from the service as part of a plea deal made before his court-martial, no end date has been set.

It could be weeks, months or even years before he can leave the Marines, according to the Schellers, as his contract still has three years remaining.

Until then, according to Stuart Scheller Sr., Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller has been ordered to show up for work each day and remains under a gag order.

“At this point, I just want him to part ways and be safe because I don’t feel he’s safe there anymore,” Cathy Scheller said.
Scheller’s conviction appears to be only the second known court-martial for Article 88 since the UCMJ was adopted in 1950. During the Vietnam War, an Army lieutenant was convicted of violating Article 88 after carrying a sign calling then-President Lyndon B. Johnson a fascist, Marine Corps Times previously reported.
The court absence of the senior officers who had charged Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was the ultimate insult to the Scheller family, who said their son took ownership by pleading guilty to all charges.

“I was very surprised that neither of them had the courage to come to court,” said Stuart Scheller Sr.

But according to the Marine Corps, that is protocol.
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/y ... ailed-him/
More at the link, mostly his family talking about what a great guy he is and how the Marines screwed him.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Until then, according to Stuart Scheller Sr., Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller has been ordered to show up for work each day and remains under a gag order.
I'm assuming he's been beached, but now I'm curious what his new job is. Assistant to the regional ditch digger?
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:51 pm
I'm assuming he's been beached, but now I'm curious what his new job is. Assistant to the regional ditch digger?
Probably "Senior Office in Charge of Sitting by The Door".
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I hope they put him out before he’s retirement eligible.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

noblepa wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:38 pm
Probably "Senior Office in Charge of Sitting by The Door".
I’d assign him

“senior Officer inspector of wall clock Zulu with sole duty of ensuring that every second is recorded in silence in log in Roman numerals.”
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

He’s been discharged without retirement as of 23 December (according to him and his facebook page). Beyond that, there’s nothing this guy has to say that’s newsworthy.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:34 am He’s been discharged without retirement as of 23 December (according to him and his facebook page). Beyond that, there’s nothing this guy has to say that’s newsworthy.
Well, I guess he got what he wanted. Sad and pathetic.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the update Maybenaut and exactly ND. Here's his pathetic post. He says he grifted 40,000 people while he was in jail. While that's a lot of grift, in a nation of 331,893,745 it's important to keep perspective, the vast majority of people think he's an idiot or have no idea who he is. He says his "television media blitz starts with Tucker Carlson on 4 January". So he gave up his retirement and screwed over his family for a few media hits hoping to be the flavor of the month a bit longer. Wait till he sees how quickly they move on to the next outrage. And remember, Carlson’s show only averages 3.67 million viewers, so while all of this gets outsized Twitter attention, Stu and his antics really are irrelevant to the vast majority of Americans. Twitter is not the real world.
► Show Spoiler

* Total U.S. population as of Dec. 1, 2021 was estimated at 331,893,745, making it the third most populated country in the world behind China (1.449 billion), India (1.380 billion), and ahead of Indonesia (274 million) and Pakistan (221 million)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

So his family is still with him?
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:11 pm So his family is still with him?
If she divorces him, I hope the court imputes the value of his pension and give her the amount she’d have been entitled to if he had collected it.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:11 pm
If she divorces him, I hope the court imputes the value of his pension and give her the amount she’d have been entitled to if he had collected it.
I get these guys confused. I thought his wife had left him but maybe that was another guy. From what you say it sounds like the military has some of the same spouse protections that things like 401(k) plans have.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:40 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:11 pm
I get these guys confused. I thought his wife had left him but maybe that was another guy. From what you say it sounds like the military has some of the same spouse protections that things like 401(k) plans have.
He said in one of his very early Facebook posts that he had “lost his family“ or something like that. So I don’t know, to be honest.

But, yeah. A spouse has a property interest in the member spouse’s pension. When military spouses divorce, the spouse is entitled to some of it, and there’s a formula (I can’t remember what it is off the top of my head, But it is some thing like half of what he would’ve gotten, reduced by the number of years that the marriage did not overlap the military service. If they were married the whole time, she gets half). And when a Spouse, military or not, loses marital property through his own misconduct, the courts in a divorce settlement can impute the value of that property as if they had received it.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hadn't checked on Stu in a long time, he was in an old FB search. Seems like things are going just as he deserves.

Stu.JPG
Stu.JPG (91.67 KiB) Viewed 982 times

There's an exciting video of him calling PayPal, didn't watch.

He's doing fringe media like Dan Ball (Dan did Brandon Straka recently too), Black Rifle Coffee podcast (didn't know that was a thing), etc. And surprisingly, Military Times had him on (also didn't watch).

He posts a lot. Not as many reactions as at his peak, of course.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He was on Laura Ingraham tonight. He’s still butthurt about vaccines. Did he get an honorable discharge? I can’t remember. Anyway, he makes it sound like he didn’t and he’s butthurt about that as well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Per upthread, he was discharged without retirement. I don't know what that translates to, but to these civilian ears, that sounds like not on an honorable discharge (or even a discharge under honorable conditions).
Image ImageImage
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

bob wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:01 am Per upthread, he was discharged without retirement. I don't know what that translates to, but to these civilian ears, that sounds like not on an honorable discharge (or even a discharge under honorable conditions).
https://www.news4jax.com/news/2022/03/2 ... -it-again/

:snippity: He was given a general discharge under honorable conditions and can’t re-enlist into any branch of the military, losing his chance at full retirement, as well as his 17-year marriage.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

poplove wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:39 am
bob wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:01 am Per upthread, he was discharged without retirement. I don't know what that translates to, but to these civilian ears, that sounds like not on an honorable discharge (or even a discharge under honorable conditions).
https://www.news4jax.com/news/2022/03/2 ... -it-again/

:snippity: He was given a general discharge under honorable conditions and can’t re-enlist into any branch of the military, losing his chance at full retirement, as well as his 17-year marriage.
Military Justice nerd alert:

That is what the article says. But Scheller was an officer and therefore can't "re-enlist" at all.

Also, too, this "any branch of the military" language suggests that under normal circumstances military members can move around freely between services and it just doesn't work that way for officers (it doesn't really work that way for enlisted members either, but it is slightly easier for them -- or at least it was when I was enlisted, which was a long, long, long time ago). It's possible for a very junior officer to resign his or her commission and later enter another service (at whatever rank the service will agree to take them -- sometimes at the rank they left, and sometimes at a lower rank, depending on the needs of the service at the time). But a guy like Scheller? An O-5? No way. The military has a tightly controlled up-or-out policy, and they would have to decide where on the seniority list they would put him. No way is the Army or the Air Force or whatever going to ask itself, "OK, which of our own guys (and everyone below that guy on the seniority list) are we going to bump down in order to insert this proven trouble-maker from the Marine Corps?"

So, even if he could serve in another branch of the military, no one would take him.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

But hey, at least he has Unvaccinated Sperm.

Just some snark based on a story from last year https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nn87/ ... nformation
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Other weirdos”