Verified:

Re: Year end review

Post by Phoenix520 »

Blank to me.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:29 pmBlank to me.
It's from facebook, Heather Cox Richardson
► Show Spoiler
tek

Post by tek »

I do not understand why Democrats are not shouting this from the rooftops. The media seems more interested in finding bad news in good news.
Year-end accounts of the U.S. economy are very strong indeed. According to Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal—which are certainly not giddy media outlets—U.S. economic output has jumped more than 7% in the last three months of 2021. Overall growth for 2021 should be about 6%, and economists predict growth of around 4% in 2022—the highest numbers the U.S. has seen in decades. China’s growth in the same period will be 4%, and the eurozone (which is made up of the member countries of the European Union that use the euro) will grow at 2%.

The U.S. is “outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century,” wrote Matthew A. Winkler in Bloomberg, “and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden’s first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years….”

In February, Biden’s first month in office, the jobless rate was 6.2%; today it has dropped to 4.2%. This means the Biden administration has created 4.1 million jobs, more than were created in the 12 years of the Trump and George W. Bush administrations combined. Wages in America are growing at about 4% a year, compared with less than 1% a year in the eurozone, as worker shortages and strikes at places like Deere & Co. (which makes John Deere products) and Kellogg’s are pushing wages up and as states increase minimum wages.

The American Rescue Plan, passed by Democrats in March without a single Republican vote, cut child poverty in half by putting $66 billion into 36 million households. More than 4.6 million Americans who were not previously insured have gotten healthcare coverage through the Affordable Care Act, bringing the total covered to a record 13.6 million. When Biden took office, about 46% of schools were open; currently the rate is 99%. In November, Congress passed a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that will repair bridges and roads and get broadband to places that still don’t have it.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Is there a link, Tek? I'd like to share this.
ETA Nevermind. Duh.
I just saw it above
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thanks all.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”