... OK, about that award for Hero of the Fogbow.

You never know, something important could happen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

... OK, about that award for Hero of the Fogbow.

Post by Foggy »

I've been stalling. You know that, I know that. I think I finally figured out why I've been stalling.

This morning I tried to think of who here are veterans, and I missed a whole bunch of sterling Fogbow contributors who served in one branch or another.

My mind is going. I can feel it, Dave. I can feel it. :crazy:

And even if'n I really focused and concentrated, you know I'd miss someone, and even if they didn't get pissed I'd feel terrible about it.

And how do I decide who does and doesn't get the award? By the number of posts? By the number of likes? (Narrator: We still don't have likes, idiot.) By the look of your avatar? I mean, ALL of you who regularly participate and share your thoughts with us are Heroes of the Fogbow. Of course, if I give it to everyone, it becomes meaningless.

And don't even think about a poll. You'd have to have about 7 threads, each with its own poll of 10 people, and if you think feelings might get hurt if I decide who's a hero and who's not, wait until you don't get a Hero badge because you didn't get enough votes and nobody really likes you anyway EXCEPT FOGGY! FOGGY LOVES YOU, HONEST I DO!

And I could just say, if anyone wants the award, give it to yourself, it's just a line of code, I'll post it. But I won’t give myself any awards because don't I honk my own horn enough already? And if I feel weird about giving myself an award, maybe other deserving heroes would feel the same way.

So you can obviously see there isn't a good solution, the end. Or, somebody gimme a solution.

Sometimes I hate being the admin, but today I remembered Tes telling me, lo these many moons ago, in September 2010 when I started this website, she said, "Foggy, if you're going to be a leader, you have to lead. And that means you have to make decisions, and some of them are going to be unpopular. But you have to make them anyway."

For as long as I'm thinking about how Tes will react when she quietly visits the Fogbow, you will benefit from that pondering. If she is my guiding light, present or not, then I know I'm trying to do the right thing.

But this one is tough, and when the going gets tough, I ask the boogie. :shrug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bob

Re: ... OK, about that award for Hero of the Fogbow.

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:13 pm Sometimes I hate being the admin, but today I remembered Tes telling me, lo these many moons ago, in September 2010 when I started this website, she said, "Foggy, if you're going to be a leader, you have to lead. And that means you have to make decisions, and some of them are going to be unpopular. But you have to make them anyway."

For as long as I'm thinking about how Tes will react when she quietly visits the Fogbow, you will benefit from that pondering. If she is my guiding light, present or not, then I know I'm trying to do the right thing.
First nominee, then: Tes. :towel:
Image ImageImage
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Maybenaut!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Everyone that isn't me.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:33 pm Everyone that isn't me.
:grouphug:

Sometimes a person needs a hug more than an award. I will gladly supply that!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

John Thomas8!

:grouphug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OK, one by one you are providing the solution, which is:

Option Q: (everything is Q in this modern world)

Let people nominate each other, and then somebody will know if anyone is undeservedly omitted, and will alert me to rectify the situation, always remembering that anyone can refuse to have the image in their signature.

The motion is on the floor. The Chair likes it. Any amendments?

:whisper: No, I'm not using Robert's Rules. I'm a dick tater, remember? :roll:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
realist

Post by realist »

bob
Image X 4
Image X 32
filly

Post by filly »

realist wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:34 ambob
ITA. My other nomination is you.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

How far back are we going? Like, as far as the time W4 saved W2’s life after he had a heart attack in the middle of the night that 95% don’t survive, by throwing him off the bed and doing chest compressions until paramedics arrived?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

After February--YOU!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Orlylicious! For engaging with, and keeping us informed of, all the right wing trolls, criminal psychopaths, and nutcases out there.

Return to “Announcements”