Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Why the troops were late - fear of Trump ordering a coup?

bob

Re: Why the troops were late - fear of Trump ordering a coup?

Post by bob »

Anyone, wearing a uniform or not, who wanted to believe that it was patriotic to resist an election they believed to have been stolen, also would have convinced themselves their orders and actions were legal.

Hindsight suggests that earlier-dispatched troops might have prevented the assault on Congress. But those trying to anticipate the day before its events had unfolded were looking at only least-bad possible scenarios.
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

What I hate about that article....

Pompeo was a voice of reason....
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:07 pm What I hate about that article....

Pompeo was a voice of reason....
Random exists.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I don't see this posted anywhere else.

Chris Miller 'Acting Sec of Defense' refused Capitol Police requests for National Guard support FORTEEN TIMES.

Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

keith wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:43 am I don't see this posted anywhere else.

Chris Miller 'Acting Sec of Defense' refused Capitol Police requests for National Guard support FORTEEN TIMES.
Excellent thread - thanks for posting this.

In the comments, someone posted a copy of the memo the acting sec of def (miller) sent out Jan 5th telling the secy of the army (mccarthy) he could dispatch the DC Nat Guard if properly requested, but that unless he got specific, personal approval from miller they couldn't have any equipment or use any tactics or assets that might be helpful in a riot (my paraphrase). I remember it struck me as odd the first time I saw it, but then forgot about it. Seeing it again, it looks more than odd, it looks like someone trying to make sure the DCNG would be as useless as possible if they did get called up.

Unfortunately, when I went back to see if I could snatch a copy, I couldn't find it :mad:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:02 am
keith wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:43 am In the comments, someone posted a copy of the memo the acting sec of def (miller) sent out Jan 5th telling the secy of the army (mccarthy) he could dispatch the DC Nat Guard if properly requested, but that unless he got specific, personal approval from miller they couldn't have any equipment or use any tactics or assets that might be helpful in a riot (my paraphrase). I remember it struck me as odd the first time I saw it, but then forgot about it. Seeing it again, it looks more than odd, it looks like someone trying to make sure the DCNG would be as useless as possible if they did get called up.

Unfortunately, when I went back to see if I could snatch a copy, I couldn't find it :mad:
Found a link to it:

Sorry about the bad caps and stuff in the post, I'm trying g to stay awake (not for the board) and not doing so well. I think it should still mostly make sense...

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”