Republicans behaving badly

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

Everybody knows it's God, Country, Family.

P.S. Steve King is still a jerk, even to his own son.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

spiduh wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:20 pm P.S. Steve King is still a jerk, even to his own son.
He may have lost the vote, but he improved his son's wedding. They should make sure there are votes every anniversary.
raison de arizona

:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:mad:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Stonekettle
@Stonekettle
·
3h
Christmas Morning, police called to scene of shooting. Family of gun nuts murdered a unarmed guy leaving presents under their tree.

"I was scared for my very life!" Said Congressman Massive Douche. "It was night, it looked like he had dark skin. It was self defense!"
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:37 pm Stonekettle
@Stonekettle
·
3h
Christmas Morning, police called to scene of shooting. Family of gun nuts murdered a unarmed guy leaving presents under their tree.

"I was scared for my very life!" Said Congressman Massive Douche. "It was night, it looked like he had dark skin. It was self defense!"
Unarmed? Here's ol Kris Kringle is getting his concealed carry permit in Colorado.
► Show Spoiler
He's ready for a Christmas shootout - are you???
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

So planning breaking and entry while armed…
What could go wrong with that…

Giving the gift of peace, joy and blazing hot lead!!! :crazy: :crazy:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

‘It’s who they are’: gun-fetish photo a symbol of Republican abasement under Trump
Thomas Massie’s incendiary picture, days after a deadly school shooting in Michigan, seemed carefully calibrated to provoke

David Smith in Washington
Mon 6 Dec 2021 19.14 GMT

It is a festive family photo with seven broad smiles and a Christmas tree. But one other detail sets it apart: each member of the Massie family is brandishing a machine gun or military-style rifle.

The photo was tweeted last week by Thomas Massie, a Republican congressman from Kentucky, with the caption: “Merry Christmas! PS: Santa, please bring ammo.”

A few days earlier, a school shooting in Michigan left four teenagers dead and seven people injured after a 15-year-old student allegedly went on a rampage.

Massie’s post earned widespread condemnation but was also seen as indicative of a performative, provocative brand of Republican politics, calculated to go viral, “own the libs” – that is, provoke outrage on the left – and contribute to the outsized influence of supporters of Donald Trump.

“Here his family’s got guns under a Christmas tree just after four kids were killed,” said Elaine Kamarck, a former official in the Clinton administration. “The guy’s abominable but that’s what’s happening to the Republican party. They’re flat-out nuts. There’s a piece of the Republican party that now supports violence.”

Recent examples include Paul Gosar, a congressman from Arizona, posting an animated video that depicted him killing Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and attacking Joe Biden. All but two Republicans in the House refused to vote to censure him.

Last month, Congresswoman Lauren Boebert made anti-Muslim remarks about Ilhan Omar. Boebert claimed she and a member of her staff were taking a lift at the US Capitol when she saw an alarmed police officer running toward them. She said she turned to her left and spotted the Minnesota Democrat standing beside them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ssie-trump
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Callous is an understatement.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

The GOP is a death cult.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

It's also killing its supporters.
In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... death-rate
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:05 pm
There’s a piece of the Republican party that now supports violence.”
They've been that way for a long time, for the last 40+ years they haven't been teaching their supporters that the Dems aren't the opposition party, but the enemies of the US itself...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Or you could just say sorry and get HIS FREAKING NAME right. It really is the least you could do. Be respectful.

Vicente Fernández, the King of Machos and Heartbreak
raison de arizona

GOP gubernatorial candidate’s campaign video celebrates Minnesota with stock images from Eastern Europe

In a recent campaign video by Minnesota Republican gubernatorial candidate Dr. Scott Jensen, worldly stock footage abounds. The clips purport to be from all over the state; from Rochester in the south to Ortonville on the state’s western edge and Warroad, almost on the Canadian border.

“Minnesota is a marvel,” Jensen narrates. “Its natural beauty and rich history are like none other in the world.”

But the hockey-playing kids and sober-faced farmers aren’t Minnesotans, or even Americans. Much of Jensen’s stock footage comes from countries including Russia, Ukraine, Thailand and the U.K.

Jensen’s video opens with someone dipping their finger in a lake, ostensibly, at Itasca State Park. Only it’s a stock video uploaded to Shutterstock by the Spain-based account BublikHaus and downloadable by anyone for $65-$179.
:snippity:
https://heartlandsignal.com/2021/12/15/ ... rn-europe/

They couldn't find anything worth filming in MN?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I've spent time in Minnesota, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I spent several weekends camping in the lake country with some friends, and I did a lot of other stuff there. In winter you can have it, but in the summer I love it
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
raison de arizona

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:43 pm I've spent time in Minnesota, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I spent several weekends camping in the lake country with some friends, and I did a lot of other stuff there. In winter you can have it, but in the summer I love it
I agree, and for one am astooounded that a GOP candidate for gubernor would use footage from Eastern Europe to represent it.

OK, maybe I'm not astounded. Eastern Europe is where it's at, just ask Tucker Carlson.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Ice hockey in Minnesota is really, really a defining element of the state. Shoot, I live four blocks from a 3-sheet Ice Arena in the Twin Cities. I'm extremely insulted that Jensen included photos of non-U.S. hockey players in his campaign video. That's beyond the pale.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, there are probably a few places in the cities that are ... not photogenic. The entire rest of the state is a freakin' postcard. I didn't stop, but I drove across the state on I-90 with my sons in 2015. It's an agricultural wonderland in the southern part of the state, with cancer-causing, bird-murdering windmills EVERYWHERE. :shock:

But if'n you can't find a gorgeous shot with your camera anywhere in Minnesota, you gotta go to the eye doctor real soon. :whistle:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Not an excuse, but do you know how friggin cold it gets there this time of year? People shelter-in-place next to a fireplace. I guess his media team couldn't get any quality vid/pics. 8-) :lol:
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:12 pm Ice hockey in Minnesota is really, really a defining element of the state. Shoot, I live four blocks from a 3-sheet Ice Arena in the Twin Cities. I'm extremely insulted that Jensen included photos of non-U.S. RUSSIAN hockey players in his campaign video. That's beyond the pale.
FIFY.

Not even Canucks.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:43 pm I've spent time in Minnesota, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I spent several weekends camping in the lake country with some friends, and I did a lot of other stuff there. In winter you can have it, but in the summer I love it
I’ve been spending quite a bit of time in Plymouth, MN recently. Beautiful weather in October and November, and really nice folks. Folks are still nice this week, but my warm blood found the weather just a bit too cold, snowy, wet, and muddy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:38 pm Not an excuse, but do you know how friggin cold it gets there this time of year? People shelter-in-place next to a fireplace. I guess his media team couldn't get any quality vid/pics. 8-) :lol:
Well…the area I’ve been to during black fly season gets to -36°F, or more (less), but some of the resorts and cabins are open for the ice fisherpeople, snowmobilers, and the like. They do a brisk business.

Republicans, even Minnesotans, won’t care the photos are fake. They had a fake “leader” with fake hair, fake patriotism, fake umbrage, and fake wealth.
raison de arizona

Wow, you really owned [checks notes] your mom
NSFW:
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by bob »

The staggeringly dumb thing about that tweet is that, in my state, I've done both without waiting in any lines.
Image ImageImage

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”