Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Weird Headlines

bob

Re: Weird Headlines

Post by bob »

Yahoo!: Brass Against Singer Apologizes for Peeing on Fan’s Face as NASCAR Permanently Bans Band From Its Venue.

:eek:

At least the Fuck Joe Biden Let's Go Brandon crowd has drawn a line in the sand (presumably not with pee).
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

A woman.

A woman did that.

I don't think any male rock 'n' roller has ever peed on anyone's face on stage during a performance. Never. In the history of rock 'n' roll. Ever.

But now a woman did it.

That's progress, yesno? That's society moving forward. :roll:

Do you know how many rock concerts I went to over the years? No, of course you don't. Nobody does. I don't know. 'Course, it hasn't affected my hearing. What? What did you say? :P :batting:

Anyway, even at outdoor events people knew where to pee. Jeez. :oldman:
Edit: In ten years we'll all be, like, "Oh yeah, I remember back before every rock band's singer started peeing on everybody ..."
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat: to Foggy's* edit.

*Autocorrect thinks "Foggy" is "Right". I couldn't agree more unless it means he is "right wing". Of course THAT could mean he is right winged and hunts and pecks on his keyboard with his right wing, or carries his skateboard with his right wing. I would be careful calling him a right winger though technically that is correct. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I try to treat my wings equally - with buffalo sauce.

I just have trouble locating my fajitas. :shrug:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:49 am Yeah, I try to treat my wings equally - with buffalo sauce.

I just have trouble locating my fajitas. :shrug:
Autocorrect "fajitas" is "feets".
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:29 am A woman.

A woman did that.

I don't think any male rock 'n' roller has ever peed on anyone's face on stage during a performance. Never. In the history of rock 'n' roll. Ever.

But now a woman did it.

Do you know how many rock concerts I went to over the years? No, of course you don't. Nobody does. I don't know. 'Course, it hasn't affected my hearing. What? What did you say? :P :batting:

Edit: In ten years we'll all be, like, "Oh yeah, I remember back before every rock band's singer started peeing on everybody ..."
Alice Cooper is like "Why didn't I think of that?"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Her last name is Urista??
Somehow, that fits.
Jim

Post by Jim »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/22/rent-a-hitman-website/
Seething and vengeful, Wendy Wein was on the lookout for the professional killer she meant to hire as she waited inside a southeastern Michigan cafe in July 2020.

Wein wanted her ex-husband dead. But she didn’t want to kill him herself and didn’t know anyone she trusted to do it for her. So she did what a lot of people do when they have a job they can’t or don’t want to do themselves — she searched for help on the Internet.

On RentAHitman.com.

What Wein found was presumably reassuring. The website promised her confidentiality. It boasted of industry awards. It showed off testimonials of satisfied customers, including one from Laura S., who had “caught my husband cheating with the babysitter.” The website bragged about complying with HIPPA, which it said was “the Hitman Information Privacy & Protection Act of 1964,” a nod to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, the law passed in 1996 to protect patients’ medical information.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jim wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:59 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/22/rent-a-hitman-website/
Seething and vengeful, Wendy Wein was on the lookout for the professional killer she meant to hire as she waited inside a southeastern Michigan cafe in July 2020.

Wein wanted her ex-husband dead. But she didn’t want to kill him herself and didn’t know anyone she trusted to do it for her. So she did what a lot of people do when they have a job they can’t or don’t want to do themselves — she searched for help on the Internet.

On RentAHitman.com.

What Wein found was presumably reassuring. The website promised her confidentiality. It boasted of industry awards. It showed off testimonials of satisfied customers, including one from Laura S., who had “caught my husband cheating with the babysitter.” The website bragged about complying with HIPPA, which it said was “the Hitman Information Privacy & Protection Act of 1964,” a nod to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, the law passed in 1996 to protect patients’ medical information.
She thinks her ex-husband is a pedophile but I wonder if he’s a Democrat or independent and if she’s a Q-Anon follower. They don’t say why she thinks he’s a pedophile unless the article has been updated since I read it.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Jim wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:26 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:29 am A woman.

A woman did that.

But now a woman did it.

Alice Cooper is like "Why didn't I think of that?"
Jim Morrison is like "I just stuck my finger through my pants, and they thought I was depraved".
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... al-6298076
Bomb squad called to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital after man gets WWII mortar stuck up his bottom
He was, uh, vacuuming in the nude, and... accidentally... fell on it. :?

It was a 6 pounder anti tank shell. :cantlook:
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:45 am https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... al-6298076
Bomb squad called to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital after man gets WWII mortar stuck up his bottom
He was, uh, vacuuming in the nude, and... accidentally... fell on it. :?

It was a 6 pounder anti tank shell. :cantlook:
Totally believable cover-story by this guy. :lol:

Tiredretiredlawyer

:shock: I haz waaaaay too many questions I don't want answered.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I wish to apologise for spreading misinformation on this important issue. I reread the report and
A source told The Sun: "The guy said he found the shell when he was having a clear out of his stuff.

"He said he put it on the floor then he slipped and fell on it — and it went up his a***."
I'm glad to clear up this issue. All questions are answered now. :bag: :cantlook:
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:

I hope the press never exposes the name of the guy. He would never live this down. I'm guessing most countries have laws similar to our HIPAA.

Also, that must have been one helluva hard "fall" considering the size of the...uh...object.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh, ouchy. :shock:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I bet when he came a round, he was a shell of his former self.
Image Image Image Image
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

File that under "Who knew this was a thing?"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523

“Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.
The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warned about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.
It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Economist appears to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how doors work.
The Economist
@TheEconomist
The pandemic is like a doorway. Once you pass through, there is no going back
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:35 pm “Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523

“Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.
The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warned about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.
It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.”
Darn...why didn't we think of that. Could have funded TFB for decades with Anti-COVID necklaces and jewelry for the anti-vaxers. So what if the jewelry kills them, they survived COVID!!!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Man beaten with metal skillet after declining an offer of potatoes, police say

https://www.newschannel6now.com/2022/01 ... ntent=kauz
A man was arrested after being accused of beating another person with a metal skillet who refused an offer of potatoes, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Police say a 27-year-old man was frying potatoes in hot oil with a metal skillet and offered them to a 32-year-old victim who declined.

That’s when the man became “suddenly enraged” and threw the hot frying oil and potatoes into the victim’s face without warning, according to police.

Authorities said he went on to beat the person so hard with the skillet that the handle snapped off.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:15 pm Man beaten with metal skillet after declining an offer of potatoes, police say

https://www.newschannel6now.com/2022/01 ... ntent=kauz
A man was arrested after being accused of beating another person with a metal skillet who refused an offer of potatoes, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Police say a 27-year-old man was frying potatoes in hot oil with a metal skillet and offered them to a 32-year-old victim who declined.

That’s when the man became “suddenly enraged” and threw the hot frying oil and potatoes into the victim’s face without warning, according to police.

Authorities said he went on to beat the person so hard with the skillet that the handle snapped off.
I think this is more to this story left untold. :? I dunno...
Thornhurst Township is a small town in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,085 at the 2010 census. The area is a part of the Pocono Mountains region. The township was established in 1878 as Lehigh Township, named for the Lehigh River

Return to “The Funny”