Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

p0rtia

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:56 am looks like people are gonna go to jail.
From your lips, but what about the Jan 6 Committee investigating this leads you to believe that jail is on the horizon?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:17 am
From your lips, but what about the Jan 6 Committee investigating this leads you to believe that jail is on the horizon?
What leads you to believe it isn't?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:45 am
p0rtia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:17 am
What leads you to believe it isn't?
The experiences of a lifetime.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: how was the J6 Committee set up, just to investigate, or to follow up with charges?

My guess only to investigate and deliver a report.

But said report may be taken by the DOJ and picked apart for treason berries and select who to hang to dry high (or is it hang high to dry) :twisted:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:41 pm Question: how was the J6 Committee set up, just to investigate, or to follow up with charges?

But said report may be taken by the DOJ and picked apart for treason berries and select who to hang to dry high (or is it hang high to dry) :twisted:
Since Congress is not a law enforcement organization, I think that the most they can do is to gather the evidence and testimony and then send it to the DOJ for possible prosecution, the way they did for the Contemp of Congress referral regarding Steve Bannon.

Of course, they will issue a public report of their findings, which the Republicans and Fox News (but I'm being redundant) will immediately claim is a political witch hunt and an unjust, unlawful persecution of innocent tourists.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:41 pm Question: how was the J6 Committee set up, just to investigate, or to follow up with charges?

:lol:
It's to "hang 'um high and dry" :oldlady:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Congress sends a "Criminal Referral" to the DOJ which then decides whether or not to prosecute.

They cannot prosecute themselves or even force DOJ to prosecute.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:00 pm
I've alerted the estate attorneys that an insurrectionist is illegally using my dad's image to promote his fascist bullshit. In case you were wondering.
I don't understand why anyone would think that Johney Cash would have supported the MAGA movement. The man wasn't a raging liberal by any means, but he was a far better example of compassionate conservatividm than today's crop of a holes.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

His daughter’s got them pegged.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Couldn't they also use what they glean from all the testimony and evidence and craft new criminal and other legislation, like as is rumored, a change to the Electoral College act of 1877 or whenever?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:53 pm

Couldn't they also use what they glean from all the testimony and evidence and craft new criminal and other legislation, like as is rumored, a change to the Electoral College act of 1877 or whenever?
I guess the proposal of change to legislation has gone lost in the discussion over the criminal activity of J6. My outsiders view would be that legislation would inhibit explicitly any decertification of electors after the Electoral College has done its job. Just to put a stop on recent events. I understand that more detailed prohibitions may run foul of the rule that states make their own laws as to how elect the presidential ticket.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Now in the hands of the commission!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/0 ... wTk0JoA3XI
filly

Post by filly »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:04 pm Now in the hands of the commission!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/0 ... wTk0JoA3XI
I hope that guy has an excellent security protocol. The RW media will set upon him with tremendous fury.

The presence of Michael Flynn's brother on calls on January 6 has always bothered me, particularly since there was a coverup about it initially. Then he got a promotion!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting on air that Marc Short, Pence's Chief of Staff is now cooperating with committee. :popcorn:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I hate to say it, but more and more I think, if Pence had buckled and done what TFA wanted, it could have become a far more serious constitutional crisis than it was, and what actually happened was bad enough. But if Pence fucks with the process like TFA demanded, it would have been a whole different ballgame.

So it appears that the smarmy, weirdo, pathetic little wretch from Indiana that I've never had anything nice to say about in my life, maybe sucked it up and did something honest-to-cornflakes heroic and patriotic, and stood up to a huge amount of pressure. Stood up and did the right thing. Did the kind of thing you have no choice but to admire. For all I know, that dickheaded anti-LGBT dork saved this country from a civil war. I can tell you that I would never accept another 4 years of TFA, after he lost by 7 million votes.

Had to say something nice about him. Painful, but I got through it. :dance:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I know, right? I feel the same way about Lynn Cheney.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Post by June bug »

Me too, Foggy.
Me too, slim!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Me three!
bob

Post by bob »

Eastman whining to the Tuck:

Image ImageImage
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Tucker with his faux outrage is risible.
Eastman needs a new order of Pampers.
filly

Post by filly »

SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

filly wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 pm Marc Short is cooperating: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/politics ... index.html
And so we may end up finding that Pence and Cheney are among the bulwarks, the solid oaks, that defended the US of A.
Sweet lovin’ Lord Xenu, but I never in my entire existence expected be in such a dilemma.
Rooting for Pence and Cheney?
Have we sunk this low?

Yes, we have.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Terrific.

Marc Short appeared to hate DL2XIT, there was a lot of press when Donald banned him from the White House (which was bs & Marc was fine with it). The VP's staff is going to be much more willing to provide information... many were loyal to Pence and when Donald threw him to the wolves and enjoyed hearing "Hang Mike Pence" many were disgusted. From that CNN story:
One source told CNN the committee is getting "significant cooperation with Team Pence," even if the committee has not openly discussed that. Another source told CNN that Short's help is an example of the "momentum" the investigation is enjoying behind the scenes.
Angry with Short's role in backing Pence's refusal to comply, Trump told others that he banned Short from the White House after the Capitol riot, as CNN previously reported. https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... e32e222924
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am DL2XIT
What does this mean?

Thanks!!
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 am
Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am DL2XIT
What does this mean?

Thanks!!
I believe it means Donald Loser 2 Times Impeached Trump.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”