January 6 Select Committee

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by RTH10260 »

The Georgia election official who refused Trump's request to find him 'more votes' in the 2020 election was interviewed for 4 hours by the January 6 select committee
Sarah Al-Arshani
Wed, December 1, 2021, 2:44 AM
  • Trump called Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in January to help him win the state.
    Raffensperger was interviewed by the January 6 select committee for more than 4 hours on Tuesday.
    Raffensperger told the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution he discussed that call with lawmakers.
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, the state's top election official who refused former President Donald Trump's request to find him "more votes" so he could win the state in the 2020 election, was interviewed by the January 6 select committee for four hours on Tuesday, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

AJC reported that Raffensperger said he spoke with House lawmakers about the January phone call where Trump asked him to help him win the election.

Raffensperger, a Republican, has previously said "there is no doubt" Biden won in the state.

"We talked about that and everything else leading into the election. That was their focus because that was where the greatest disinformation was foisted upon our nation," Raffensperger told AJC about the interview.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-elec ... 54052.html
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Oh no Foggy, this isn't true about your pal Amy Kremer, is it? :( Ali Akbar is making this serious allegation:
ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [11/29/2021 6:15 PM]
The Scam Artists who attempted to set the Trump Family up with burner phones and subvert the Trump-endorsed Capitol Rally. 🚨

• Kremers owe a friend of mine thousands for bookkeeping and compliance work
• Kremers kicked Brandon Straka off stage and attacked others they called “fakes”
• They tried to steal Stop the Steal from both me and Roger Stone; had to get them to back off with threat of lawsuit
• They spent lots of donor money on presidential suites, champagne, gluttonous food, and alcoholic parties

More will come out soon.
Trump is aware of their shadiness thankfully.

https://rantt.com/scoop-women-for-trump ... ned-by-fec
https://rantt.com/scoop-women-for-trump ... ned-by-fec

Akbar is innocent! He says so!
ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [11/27/2021 4:25 PM]
[ Video ]
🚨 SUBPOENAED: Ali Alexander will go before the Unselect Committee and present photographic and video evidence of agitators sabotaging his January 6th peaceful protests.

He will also present evidence to the Committee that President Trump was betrayed by someone in his inner circle. Someone made the decision to take instructions for patriots out of the Ellipse Rally.

Ali says he’s not backing down and the Democrat Committee has already threatened to imprison him.

@AliAlexander

ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [11/29/2021 10:45 AM]
Remember the weird cast of characters that didn’t help protest the 2020 election or Stop the Steal but then showed up around January 6th or after to push for audits and claim Trump was coming back in office? They guided people off a cliff. Interesting cast of charlatans. Stealing from patriots should be the last thing they ever do.

Ask them why they didn’t immediately help seek legal remedies to the botched election?

@AliAlexander

ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [11/30/2021 2:28 PM]
[ Video ]
Mark Meadows has reached an agreement with the Select Committee.

I believe his testimony about what he saw in those days will further exonerate President Trump.

I, Ali Alexander, have no agreement with the Committee and will comply where legally required since they’ve compelled me, a private citizen, through an aggressive subpoena. I will not waive my constitutional rights. My testimony, too, will exonerate President Trump and Stop the Steal.

@AliAlexander 🇺🇸

ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [11/30/2021 11:46 PM]
[ Photo ]
EXONERATED: Ali Alexander and Alex Jones were attempting to guide crowds toward the stage on Lot 8.

At great risk to their own safety, Alexander and Jones climbed a stack of wet, metal chairs and sought to get as much of the crowd’s attention as possible.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think this is an important thread of showing how misinformation on a topic like this is used to attack democracy and suppress voters. An I see people on this very board being fooled by the techniques here

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 8734646275
ANATOMY OF A DISINFO OP:

Step 1: give everyone unrealistic expectations: like calling for treason charges TOMORROW. Exploit the fact that justice is slow and DoJ can’t talk about investigations to sow displeasure with how long things take and why we haven’t heard anything.

Step 2: start bashing the DoJ with common, repeated phrases: Justice delayed is justice denied, where is Garland, Garland isn’t the right man for the moment, replace him with Sally Yates. I’m sure you’ve seen all those repeated over and over. Introduce a 3rd party candidate.

Step 3: when justice does eventually happen, it probably won’t be the big treason charge we wanted, so the trolls put out tweets that we should be ANGRY with the outcome and how LONG it took and how it wasn’t enough. It’s NEVER enough

Step 4: use all that built up anger to sow doubt about OTHER criminal shit we are worried will go unpunished. Convince us to promote the degradation of due process and the mistreatment of criminal defendants. Make us go against the tenets of democracy to see “justice” served.

Step 5: continue to push unrealistic expectations of justice that can never be met, & use that despair and anger to start convincing us our administration and our party has failed us. That both parties are the same. Then slide that 3rd party candidate into the primary.

Allow me to give an example. The Bannon contempt charge.

“Bannon committed TREASON! This is open & shut so why is he not under arrest? If this were ME, I’d be in JAIL by now! What is TAKING so long? He’s indicted? ABOUT TIME! Why is he out on bail? He should be IN PRISON NOW!”

“Why did it take 22 days? That’s bullshit! WHERE IS GARLAND? Bannon should be remanded in PRISON until trial He should be tried for TREASON. Nothing is going to happen to ANYONE. Biden chose the wrong man for AG. Sally Yates would have done it better. Dems are ineffectual.”

“Both parties are the same. No one gives a fuck. Might as well not vote at all if we can’t get accountability for a coup. Was that Andrew Yang on fox just now?”

Do we really believe in holding people without bail? Stripping them of due process and throwing people in prison? Treating defendants as guilty before it’s proven they are? Not willing to wait TWENTY TWO DAYS to get it right? Is this what we have become?

And I’m not saying everyone will fall for the disenchanted voter thing, but enough will. It worked in 2016. I’m also not saying not to criticize DoJ for legit mistakes they make. Just be careful you’re not feeding the op and ending up like this Downwards arrow END

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFdRgr0VgAM ... name=small
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just one more thing.

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 8734646275
Mueller, She Wrote@MuellerSheWrote
·
10h
Notice that Garland impaneled a grand jury and has been criminally investigating Sidney Powell for at least three months and we didn’t learn about it until today.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

filly wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:34 am Is anyone listening to the oral arguments in the DC Court of Appeals on the documents the National Archives has? It's very interesting.
Wonkette live blogged it - Trump Sure Doesn't Want 1/6 Committee To See His Presidential Records! A Live Blog!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thanks for your post, MN! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Let this sink in.

Jeffrey Clark, a DOJ attorney and Trump’s pick for actin’ Attorney General, will plead the 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination in a coup attempt plot with Donald Trump.

“Only the mob pleads the fifth!” - Donald J Trump
filly

Post by filly »

Jeffrey Bossert Clark will appear for deposition on Saturday and will assert his Fifth Amendment privilege. The Committee voted to hold him in contempt for his bogus assertion of executive privilege and attorney client privilege on November 5.
filly

Post by filly »

Meadows told Nigel Farage he is going to assert executive privilege so the agreement to testify is already looking sketchy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 pm Meadows told Nigel Farage he is going to assert executive privilege so the agreement to testify is already looking sketchy.
Meadows is slimy af, I don’t doubt that he may do that, but I also don’t put much faith in whatever he told Farage either.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany’s scheduled deposition has been granted a short postponement as she engages with the January 6th select committee, a person familiar tells NBC News.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:43 am
If they ever get Trump to sit in front of the committee, he will try to turn it into a debate, no matter what Ms. Chaney or the other members say. They will ask him a question. He will ignore the question completely and launch into a tirade about the fraudulent election. They will ask another question. He will go off on the RINO's.

There's absolutely no way that they will get a straight answer from him, truthful or otherwise.

Has the man EVER given a straight answer to ANY question?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Which is why I am 100 percent against him being called before the committee--at least in public.

Waiting for you Merrick Garland.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

x2. It would be a shitshow, which is exactly what trump wants. It would make the first debate with Biden look like a children's tea party.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Have you stop beating your wife?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I've alerted the estate attorneys that an insurrectionist is illegally using my dad's image to promote his fascist bullshit. In case you were wondering.
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 amIf they ever get Trump to sit in front of the committee, he will try to turn it into a debate, no matter what Ms. Chaney or the other members say. They will ask him a question. He will ignore the question completely and launch into a tirade about the fraudulent election. They will ask another question. He will go off on the RINO's.

There's absolutely no way that they will get a straight answer from him, truthful or otherwise.
Cheney's implied threat is that, if a witness says something demonstrably false and material, there could be criminal charges for perjury, obstruction of justice, etc.

But "could" is doing all the work there, as it would require the DOJ to seek charges. And I wouldn't be surprised if the DOJ concluded there wouldn't be proof (beyond a reasonable doubt) that the bullshit and bluster was material, even if demonstrably false.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 am

I disagree. Once again you are giving into his public persona. Because he HAS been dragged in to give a deposition, and he completely collapsed and gave nothing but straight answers.

That's why he settled a case recently rather than give a deposition. He cannot handle it.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/0 ... tee-523712
John Eastman, the attorney who helped former President Donald Trump pressure then-Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election, has asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, according to a letter he delivered to the Jan. 6 committee explaining his decision not to testify.

“Dr. Eastman hereby asserts his Fifth Amendment right not to be a witness against himself in response to your subpoena,” his attorney, Charles Burnham, wrote in a letter to Chair Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) dated Dec. 1.

“Members of this very Committee have openly spoken of making criminal referrals to the Department of Justice and described the Committee’s work in terms of determining “guilt or innocence,” Burnham continues. “Dr. Eastman has a more than reasonable fear that any statements he makes pursuant to this subpoena will be used in an attempt to mount a criminal investigation against him.”

Eastman’s decision is an extraordinary assertion by someone who worked closely with Trump to attempt to overturn the 2020 election results. He met with Trump and pushed state legislative leaders to reject Biden’s victory in a handful of swing states and appoint alternate electors to the Electoral College, effectively denying Biden’s victory.
raison de arizona

tek

Post by tek »

John Eastman, the attorney who helped former President Donald Trump pressure then-Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election, has asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, according to a letter he delivered to the Jan. 6 committee explaining his decision not to testify.
Um, can you use the 5th amendment to not even show up?

I thought you had to invoke on a per-question basis, not "you meanies might want to charge me with something"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

looks like people are gonna go to jail.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”