Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:16 am STOP MAKING ME AGREE WITH GERALDO!
LOL. I hear ya.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Kendra wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:18 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:16 am STOP MAKING ME AGREE WITH GERALDO!
LOL. I hear ya.
What are we yo do??!! First Liz Cheney. Now Geraldo!!!! My world is spinning out of control!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

:thumbup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Fox News edits video of Biden to make it seem he was being racially insensitive
Fox & Friends host played edited clip before claiming the US president was ‘facing backlash’ for his remarks

Associated Press in New York
Sat 13 Nov 2021 15.07 GMT

Fox News edited video of Joe Biden to remove context from remarks some could judge as racially insensitive.

In Veterans Day comments at Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday, Biden told an anecdote that referenced the baseball player Satchel Paige, who pitched in the Negro Leagues before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball.

Biden’s remarks were featured on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show on Thursday night, when the primetime host said the president had “one of his most disturbing, troubling moments to date”.

Then, on the Fox & Friends morning show on Friday, host Rachel Campos Duffy said Biden was “facing backlash”.

Biden said he had “adopted the attitude of the great Negro, at the time pitcher in the Negro Leagues, went on to become a great pitcher in the pros in Major League Baseball after Jackie Robinson, his name was Satchel Paige”.

But when Duffy played the clip, it was edited so Biden was heard saying he had “adopted the attitude of the great Negro at the time, pitcher, name was Satchel Paige”.

Duffy said Biden’s remarks were “landing him in hot water”.

While “Negro” was once a common way to refer to Black people and still appears in organization names, the terms “Black” and “African American” are more widely used.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... chel-paige
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... w-hannity/

:snippity:
On Sunday, CNN reported that Bartiromo’s activism on that last point included an effort a year ago to pressure Attorney General William P. Barr to investigate the nonexistent problem.

“She called me up and she was screaming,” Barr told ABC News’s Jonathan Karl, who included the story in his new book, “Betrayal.” She was frustrated, Karl wrote, because the Justice Department “hadn’t done anything to stop the Democrats from stealing the election.”

What’s telling about this assertion was the response. Through a statement from the network, Bartiromo did not dispute the substance of the conversation, just the direction of the yelling: She said it was Barr who was yelling. This, of course, is the absolute least-important part of a story in which an ostensible journalist is calling the sitting attorney general to insist that he launch an investigation centered on the journalist’s delusions about a democratic election. To think that Barr yelling is important is to think that no other part of the preceding sentence is.
:snippity:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:30 pm Fox News edits video of Biden to make it seem he was being racially insensitive
Fox & Friends host played edited clip before claiming the US president was ‘facing backlash’ for his remarks

Associated Press in New York
Sat 13 Nov 2021 15.07 GMT

Then, on the Fox & Friends morning show on Friday, host Rachel Campos Duffy said Biden was “facing backlash”.

Duffy said Biden’s remarks were “landing him in hot water”.
"Hot water" with who, exactly? Where is this "backlash" they speak of? :smoking:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Acosta :rimshot:
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

:thumbsup:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Two Fox News Contributors Quit in Protest of Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 Special
Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes, stars of a brand of conservatism that has fallen out of fashion, decide they’ve had enough.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/21/busi ... &smtyp=cur
The trailer for Tucker Carlson’s special about the Jan. 6 mob at the Capitol landed online on Oct. 27, and that night Jonah Goldberg sent a text to his business partner, Stephen Hayes: “I’m tempted just to quit Fox over this.”

“I’m game,” Mr. Hayes replied. “Totally outrageous. It will lead to violence. Not sure how we can stay.”

The full special, “Patriot Purge,” appeared on Fox’s online subscription streaming service days later. And last week, the two men, both paid Fox News contributors, finalized their resignations from the network.

In some ways, their departures should not be surprising: It’s simply part of the new right’s mopping up operation in the corners of conservative institutions that still house pockets of resistance to Donald J. Trump’s control of the Republican Party. Mr. Goldberg, a former National Review writer, and Mr. Hayes, a former Weekly Standard writer, were stars of the pre-Trump conservative movement. They clearly staked out their positions in 2019 when they founded The Dispatch, an online publication that they described as “a place that thoughtful readers can come for conservative, fact-based news and commentary.” It now has nearly 30,000 paying subscribers.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Fox's annual war on Christmas has begun.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

Probably the other Hunter Biden, I reckon. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

The suspected arsonist has been arrested. Some of the replies are pretty funny.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm betting that the war on Christmas coverage will be picking up in five...four...three...two...one...
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:30 am I'm betting that the war on Christmas coverage will be picking up in five...four...three...two...one...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So surprised. Not. They will rebuild the three idiots on the couch say.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It’s about paganism.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:19 am It’s about paganism.
:like:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

Strangely appropriate.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It will be interesting to find out more about the suspect and his motives. Gawd help us if he voted for Biden and they can blame it on the left wing liberals.
tek

Post by tek »

Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:38 am It will be interesting to find out more about the suspect and his motives. Gawd help us if he says he voted for Biden and they can blame it on the left wing liberals.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

It's about Hanukkah.
Huh? A xmas tree is about "Hanukkah"? (which, btw, ended on Dec 6th this year for the non-Jews in the audience).
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:03 pm
It's about Hanukkah.
Huh? A xmas tree is about "Hanukkah"? (which, btw, ended on the 6th) for the non-Jews in the audience.
Well, I don't know about that. My grandkids get to choose the colors of my tree each year. Last year, they chose silver and blue for the colors. I called it my Hanukkah tree. Does that count?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Current Politics”